Author Topic: Just for Fun - Concerts  (Read 1062 times)

Offline libertybele

Just for Fun - Concerts
« on: May 04, 2021, 10:17:58 pm »
I know we've had threads on how many places/states people have visited, and growing up in the Detroit area, I was fortunate to be able to see numerous concerts (that's why my hearing is so bad) and that it might be fun to list concerts, broadways shows, etc.,  that you have seen.

In no particular order:

Moody Blues (4x)
Alice Cooper
Bob Seger
Aerosmith
Queen
Fog Hat
Bachman Turner Overdrive
Fleetwood Mac
Barry Manilow
Neil Diamond
Elton John (3x)
Willie Nelson (2x)
Ted Nugent (2x)
Journey
Foreigner
Beach Boys
Rolling Stones
Iggy Pop
Humble Pie
REO Speedwagon (3x)
Eddie Money
Mary Wilson (Supremes)
Production of Hair
Spirit
Pink Floyd
Chuck Berry
Emerson Lake & Palmer
Dave Mason
Yes
John Cougar Mellencamp
Neil Young
Gordon Lightfoot

On my bucket list (doubt that I'll ever make it):

Kid Rock
Keith Urban
Newsboys
Guns 'n Roses
Pink
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 10:26:39 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Just for Fun - Concerts
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 01:33:57 pm »
The first Concert I went to was the "1966 Battle of the Bands" put on in a huge circus tent raised on the Gulfgate Mall Parking lot.

Johnny and Edgar Winter won the contest.  There was also "The Moving Sidewalks" and "The Red Crayola" among other groups I have long forgotten.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 02:20:04 pm »
I've been to a bunch of concerts, but my favorite group was ELP.  I saw them 4 times, once as "Emerson, Lake and Powell."

I miss them.  Keith Emerson took his own live because Carpal Tunnel killed his gift, and Greg Lake died a few months later from cancer.  Carl Palmer has been doing ELP retrospective tours since then, he's in great physical condition and will be with us for a long time.  There are also Tribute Bands like Noddy's Puncture in the UK.  I reckon there won't be any stateside tours.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 02:25:03 pm »
I attended my share, but the most auspicious was Led Zeppelin's last US concert, in Oakland, in '77. Spent 2 hours standing 25 feet from the amps on the right side of the stage with 110 lbs of girlfriend on my shoulders. Suffering from Tinnitus to this day.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 12:11:06 am »
Malo
Andrae' Crouch and the Disciples
(Original, unimproved) Petra
Phoenix Sonshine
George Benson
Jean Luc Ponty
Children of the Day
Paul Clark
2nd Chapter of Acts
Phil Keaggy
Randy Stonehill
Jose Feliciano
Barry McGuire
David Meece
Resurrection Band
Barry Manilow (Mrs. PeteS is the fan)
Mannheim Steamroller
Spyro Gyra
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2021, 12:54:38 am »
I attended my share, but the most auspicious was Led Zeppelin's last US concert, in Oakland, in '77. Spent 2 hours standing 25 feet from the amps on the right side of the stage with 110 lbs of girlfriend on my shoulders. Suffering from Tinnitus to this day.

I've attended a lot of concerts and one things is for sure, it can affect your hearing.  I have a 50% hearing loss.  But, I am still glad that I got the chance to enjoy so many concerts.  Growing up in the Detroit are had its advantages.

Ted Nugent cranks it up ...a little bit too much Wango Tango (saw him in my 50's in FL) but we had fun.  After seeing him in concert I knew why in Detroit he was called "The Motor City Madman". 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2021, 12:58:05 am »
I've attended a lot of concerts and one things is for sure, it can affect your hearing.  I have a 50% hearing loss.  But, I am still glad that I got the chance to enjoy so many concerts.  Growing up in the Detroit are had its advantages.

Ted Nugent cranks it up ...a little bit too much Wango Tango (saw him in my 50's in FL) but we had fun.  After seeing him in concert I knew why in Detroit he was called "The Motor City Madman".

I got Tinnitus from shooting off rifle rounds by the case.  I can't hear well, but I have no regrets.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2021, 01:06:18 am »
Rush
Saxon
Delbert McClinton
Root Boy Slim and the Sex Change Band
Marshall Tucker Band
White Animals
Rolling Stones
George Thoroughgood
Grateful Dead
Robin Trower
Tom Petty
Jackson Browne
Pretenders
Iggy Pop
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Chicago
Tony Bennett
Steve Windwood
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2021, 01:11:54 am »

I had tickets in 1980.  They cancelled.

@skeeter
btw, did you happen to catch the Oakland '77 Pink Floyd show?  It was awesome!

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2021, 01:41:33 am »
I had tickets in 1980.  They cancelled.

@skeeter
btw, did you happen to catch the Oakland '77 Pink Floyd show?  It was awesome!

no I did not. I could only afford 1 day on the green show a year in those days!