Author Topic: Houston toddler first to receive COVID vaccine in Baylor, Texas Children's trial for young kids  (Read 905 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by Gwendolyn Wu 5/4/2021

Houston toddler first to receive COVID vaccine in Baylor, Texas Children's trial for young kids

Nathan Galvan has spent nearly his entire life in a pandemic.

At just 16 months old, he has had little opportunity to socialize with anyone outside of his nuclear family. But that could soon change for Nathan, the first child in a Pfizer vaccine study run by Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children’s Hospital. The study will evaluate the COVID-19 vaccine in children under 2.

Texas Children’s Hospital pediatric transplant surgeon Dr. Thao Galvan gave birth to Nathan in December 2019, just three months before the U.S. declared a national emergency due to COVID-19. News reports about a spreading respiratory virus in Wuhan, China, flashed across the screen as she watched TV in the hospital to pass the time during her recovery from childbirth.

The trial is evaluating COVID-19 vaccines in children who are 6 months to 2 years old, and another group of children 2 to 11 years old, examining dosage size and adverse reactions. Phase one, which has enrolled fewer than 100 children, is searching for the right balance between a solid immune response in children and minimizing adverse side effects as much as possible.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/health/article/Houston-toddler-first-to-receive-COVID-vaccine-16150387.php

Offline mountaineer

Wow. I hope it doesn't kill him.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I don't read the HorCon.  Is this kid the new bubble boy?  He has some ailment that keeps him in isolation or are his parents bleep liberals?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

I am glad that I am not a parent during this pandemic as they have some really tough decisions to make, especially with so much contradictory information being given.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I don't read the HorCon.  Is this kid the new bubble boy?  He has some ailment that keeps him in isolation or are his parents bleep liberals?

Well you just may have to read it to find out.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Well you just may have to read it to find out.

Will not.  I'll just jump to conclusions.  It is my only exercise.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 12:09:58 am by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DB

How many kids have died or been seriously injured from COVID-19?

It is very rare.

It is highly likely that the complications from the "vaccine" will be worse than getting COVID-19 for them.

Offline PeteS in CA

The article is behind HChron's paywall. Seconds after the article loads I get a pop-up that gives me the "opportunity" to subscribe if I want to read the article. I don't pay paywalls or give my email to email-fences.

Pfizer and Moderna are both conducting trials with children under age 12. Pfizer, Moderna, and  J&J are all conducting trials with adolescents ages 12-17 (12-15 for Pfizer); P and M may be nearing EUA approval.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I want to know why a parent would *volunteer* their infant child to this study....money?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I want to know why a parent would *volunteer* their infant child to this study....money?

Texas Children’s Hospital pediatric transplant surgeon Dr. Thao Galvan gave birth to Nathan in December 2019,

She probably volunteered her child to " Break the Ice" on parents to volunteer their children.

Without volunteered children there is no test.

Offline thackney

The article is behind HChron's paywall. Seconds after the article loads I get a pop-up that gives me the "opportunity" to subscribe if I want to read the article. I don't pay paywalls or give my email to email-fences.

Pfizer and Moderna are both conducting trials with children under age 12. Pfizer, Moderna, and  J&J are all conducting trials with adolescents ages 12-17 (12-15 for Pfizer); P and M may be nearing EUA approval.
[/quote]

Just clear your cookies.  I routinely delete browsing history and read most everything except WSJ this way.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Just DISABLE javascript in your browser, and the page loads immediately (with mostly just text, but that's all you need, anyway).

There are free plugins that can do this for almost any browser out there.