General Category > Health/Education

Houston toddler first to receive COVID vaccine in Baylor, Texas Children's trial for young kids

(1/3) > >>

Elderberry:
Houston Chronicle by Gwendolyn Wu 5/4/2021

Houston toddler first to receive COVID vaccine in Baylor, Texas Children's trial for young kids

Nathan Galvan has spent nearly his entire life in a pandemic.

At just 16 months old, he has had little opportunity to socialize with anyone outside of his nuclear family. But that could soon change for Nathan, the first child in a Pfizer vaccine study run by Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children’s Hospital. The study will evaluate the COVID-19 vaccine in children under 2.

Texas Children’s Hospital pediatric transplant surgeon Dr. Thao Galvan gave birth to Nathan in December 2019, just three months before the U.S. declared a national emergency due to COVID-19. News reports about a spreading respiratory virus in Wuhan, China, flashed across the screen as she watched TV in the hospital to pass the time during her recovery from childbirth.

The trial is evaluating COVID-19 vaccines in children who are 6 months to 2 years old, and another group of children 2 to 11 years old, examining dosage size and adverse reactions. Phase one, which has enrolled fewer than 100 children, is searching for the right balance between a solid immune response in children and minimizing adverse side effects as much as possible.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/health/article/Houston-toddler-first-to-receive-COVID-vaccine-16150387.php

mountaineer:
Wow. I hope it doesn't kill him.

Wingnut:
I don't read the HorCon.  Is this kid the new bubble boy?  He has some ailment that keeps him in isolation or are his parents bleep liberals?

libertybele:
I am glad that I am not a parent during this pandemic as they have some really tough decisions to make, especially with so much contradictory information being given.

Elderberry:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on May 04, 2021, 09:59:16 pm ---I don't read the HorCon.  Is this kid the new bubble boy?  He has some ailment that keeps him in isolation or are his parents bleep liberals?

--- End quote ---

Well you just may have to read it to find out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version