Author Topic: Romney defends Cheney: She 'refuses to lie'  (Read 287 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Romney defends Cheney: She 'refuses to lie'
« on: May 04, 2021, 07:34:25 pm »
Romney defends Cheney: She 'refuses to lie'
By Jordain Carney - 05/04/21 02:54 PM EDT

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) is coming to the defense of Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) amid a high-profile feud with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) that is sparking fresh questions about her future in GOP leadership. 
"Every person of conscience draws a line beyond which they will not go: Liz Cheney refuses to lie," Romney tweeted on Tuesday about the No. 3 House Republican.

"As one of my Republican Senate colleagues said to me following my impeachment vote: 'I wouldn’t want to be a member of a group that punished someone for following their conscience,'" he added.

Cheney is coming under new, intense scrutiny over her recent criticism of fellow Republicans. That includes her response to a statement from former President Trump earlier this week in which she said that his claim that the 2020 presidential election was stolen is the "big lie."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/551761-romney-defends-cheney-she-refuses-to-lie
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Romney defends Cheney: She 'refuses to lie'
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 07:42:25 pm »
I think this idea the NTer's have of the two factions of their party, themselves vs most of the republican voting base, very openly doing battle is a winning idea.

I really do hope they keep it up.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 07:43:19 pm by skeeter »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 07:45:15 pm »
I am really looking forward in a few years when no one cares what this turd thinks.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 08:00:43 pm »
I am really looking forward in a few years when no one cares what this turd thinks.

Both RINO's. End of story.  I could care less about either one of them.  IMHO they have no relevance to the GOP other than continuing its demise.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 11:07:43 pm »
One p.c. HO, validating the other shameless p.c. HO,  isn't love in the spring grand ?
 :beer: :smokin: :beer:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions