Author Topic: New York lawmakers pass bill requiring all new vehicle sales be zero-emissions by 2035  (Read 547 times)

Offline thackney

New York lawmakers pass bill requiring all new vehicle sales be zero-emissions by 2035
https://www.utilitydive.com/news/new-york-lawmakers-pass-bill-requiring-all-new-vehicle-sales-be-zero-emissi/599241/
April 29, 2021

New York lawmakers on April 26 passed legislation to require all sales of new passenger cars and trucks in the state be zero emission by 2035. The measure now heads to Gov. Andrew Cuomo, D, to sign or veto.

A spokesperson for the governor said Cuomo is reviewing the details of the bill. He appears to support its aims, as Cuomo and 11 other governors on April 21 sent a letter asking President Joe Biden to establish a "clear regulatory path to ensuring that all vehicles sold in the United States are zero-emission."

The New York legislation (S.2758/A.4302) would also require sales of medium and heavy-duty trucks to be zero-emission by 2045, but some electrification advocates say this is not fast enough. "We would actually like to see a more aggressive timeframe," said Kathy Harris, clean vehicles and fuels advocate at the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC).
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nothing like having people who don't use or own something regulating what other people can and must do with them.

The typical NY lawmaker rides in a limo or a taxi. If they own a car,it is at their Ct estate and only used on weekends.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
There is never going to be Zero Emission cars. What are they going to build them out of? Tire and brake pad wear emits carbon. The plastics that cars are constructed out of emit carbon as they continue to be bombarded by the sun.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
There is never going to be Zero Emission cars. What are they going to build them out of? Tire and brake pad wear emits carbon. The plastics that cars are constructed out of emit carbon as they continue to be bombarded by the sun.
I want someone to survey the idiots in college and on the street asking them 'since it has been postulated that carbon and therefore carbon based entities cause and add to global warming would you be in favor of eliminating as many carbon based entities as possible?'.

I'm afraid that I can already guess what the overwhelming response would be.