Author Topic: ** ALERT: TEXAS HOUSE ACT ON SB 13 **  (Read 440 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
** ALERT: TEXAS HOUSE ACT ON SB 13 **
« on: May 04, 2021, 01:52:09 am »
Ted Cruz Email 5/3/2021

We’ve seen a dangerous shift in our country. The “woke” CEOs of powerful corporations have decided to use their companies’ economic power to enforce the left’s agenda.

We’re seeing it on full display in Georgia, where the left is on the attack over the state’s election integrity law.

And now, they’re targeting our Texas energy industry...

The CEO of one of the world’s largest asset managers, BlackRock, has announced it will be “divesting” from fossil fuels to combat “climate change.” Now JP Morgan is following suit.

Texas lawmakers are fighting back. SB 13 – passed by the Texas Senate – will direct the Texas Comptroller to identify investment companies that discriminate against the fossil fuel industry. If Texas state agencies are investing public funds with them, we’ll direct the firms to reverse course or face the loss of Texas funds.

Now the Texas House has taken action, passing SB 13 to a third reading!

If they want to boycott Texas energy, Texas is ready to BOYCOTT BACK.

For far too long, we’ve turned a blind eye to corporate America’s pandering to the left. I say “NO MORE!”, xxxxx. We can’t sit back and allow Wall Street to destroy our American energy industry and millions of jobs across our great state and nation.

The “woke” war ends RIGHT HERE in Texas!

I applaud our Texas legislators for taking a bold stand in this fight.

For Liberty,

Ted Cruz

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: ** ALERT: TEXAS HOUSE ACT ON SB 13 **
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 02:12:08 am »
Thank you for alerting me to this bill.

It is past time to make the woke companies pay.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington