Author Topic: Gov. DeSantis announces suspension of all local emergency COVID-19 orders News  (Read 426 times)

Offline libertybele

Gov. DeSantis announces suspension of all local emergency COVID-19 orders

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Monday signed a bill that would ban COVID-19 vaccine passports in the state and also announced a new executive order suspending all local pandemic-related emergency orders.

Businesses, schools, and government agencies in the state are now prohibited by law from requiring people to show documentation proving that they've had COVID-19 vaccinations or have recovered from the virus before gaining entry to their buildings.

The bill also gives Gov. DeSantis the authority to override local health orders during a health emergency and directs state agencies to develop plans for future pandemics.

In his remarks before signing the bill, DeSantis also announced a new executive order that will terminate all local coronavirus emergency orders in the state on July 1. In the meantime, the governor said he will use his executive authority to suspend local COVID restrictions until his executive order goes into effect.

"I'm going to sign the bill, it's effective July 1st. I'll also sign an executive order pursuant to that bill invalidating all remaining local emergency COVID orders effective on July 1st," DeSantis said at a press conference in St. Petersburg. "But then, to bridge the gap between then and now, I'm going to suspend under my executive power the local emergency orders as it relates to COVID."  ..............     

https://www.conservativereview.com/gov-desantis-announces-suspension-of-all-local-emergency-covid-19-orders-2652861148.html                                                                                                                                                                   

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.