Author Topic: Confirmation hearing for David "Waco" Chipman to be the Director of the ATF  (Read 841 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

In a sane world, his association with "Waco" would be enough to scuttle his nomination.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How Biden’s Pick For ATF Director Is Helping Gun Sales Skyrocket
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 03:21:20 pm »
 How Biden’s Pick For ATF Director Is Helping Gun Sales Skyrocket

To Democrats, David Chipman’s qualifications aren’t his achievements in law enforcement. They’re his zeal for attacking the Second Amendment and ridiculing gun-owning Americans.

By Alex Horsman
May 26, 2021

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) may get David Chipman as its first full-time director in seven years, pending Senate confirmation.

Chipman served 25 years as an ATF agent, monitoring firearms trafficking between Virginia and New York. Following his time at the ATF, he worked for two anti-Second Amendment groups—Everytown for Gun Safety, Mike Bloomberg’s lobbying group, and Giffords, an advocacy group founded by Gabby Giffords.

The Biden administration nominated Chipman to direct the ATF not because of his experience in law enforcement, but for his political lobbying. During his time as a lobbyist, Chipman fought for handgun licensing and registration, universal background checks, and a ban on modern sporting rifles.

Chipman’s qualifications aren’t his achievements in law enforcement. They’re his zeal for attacking the Second Amendment and ridiculing gun-owning Americans.

The Biden administration is looking to radically remake America, and this includes an unprecedented assault on the Second Amendment and law-abiding gun owners. Chipman holds several fringe views on the Second Amendment, such as his belief that the National Firearms Act can be used to regulate and effectively ban all semi-automatic rifles.

Chipman holds other bizarre beliefs that include outright fabrications. During a Reddit AMA (ask me anything), Chipman stated: “At Waco, cult members used 2.5 caliber Barretts to shoot down two Texas Air National Guard helicopters.”

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/05/26/how-bidens-pick-for-atf-director-is-helping-gun-sales-skyrocket/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline thackney

@BassWrangler

Thank you for posting these.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

BassWrangler

@BassWrangler

You're welcome. Of all of Biden's nominees, this is the one that concerns me the most. This guy will turn the ATF into a weapon against gun owners.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sen. Chuck Grassley: Confirming David Chipman to ATF like Putting Antifa in Charge of Portland Police
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/26/grassley-atf-chipman-antifa/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
You're welcome. Of all of Biden's nominees, this is the one that concerns me the most. This guy will turn the ATF into a weapon against gun owners.

Yes, thank you for posting this.   Took some effort.

And you're not quite right there.

The Usurpers in the White House want to complete the transformation of the BATF in a weapon against LAW ABIDING gun owners.   Nothing will happen against Aunty Fa and (b)LM gangsters, or any of the illegal alien drug cartels or Rosie O'Donuts bodyguards.

Oh, and this nomination will be confirmed, Mittens will make sure of that.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 04:31:29 pm by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@BassWrangler

Yes. Thanks, and I am glad to see that North Dakota's AG signed the letter!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Cruz got him to admit he wants to ban the AR 15.  Furthermore, this idiot wants to tax us for the ones we already own.

Something else he said that I found odd, he said when he was with the ATF he was issued an AR15.  Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't he have gotten an M4 or M16 and not a civilian AR?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

BassWrangler

Cruz got him to admit he wants to ban the AR 15.  Furthermore, this idiot wants to tax us for the ones we already own.

Something else he said that I found odd, he said when he was with the ATF he was issued an AR15.  Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't he have gotten an M4 or M16 and not a civilian AR?

Yes, there's a video of that 2 or 3 posts above this one.

BassWrangler

Lee Blasts Biden ATF Nominee For Contempt Toward Gun Owners

When the confirmation hearing for Joe Biden’s nominee to head up the ATF kicked off on Wednesday morning, it became quickly apparent that the Democrats in charge of the Senate Judiciary Committee were trying to shield David Chipman as much as possible from a grilling by Republican senators. Chipman was joined by four other presidential nominees for positions like Assistant Attorney General and the Director of Citizenship and Immigration Services. Given the fact that each committee member gets just a few minutes to quiz five different people, the opportunities to press Chipman over his years as a gun control activist and his decades as an ATF agent aren’t what they would have been had Chipman appeared by himself during the hearing....

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2021/05/26/lee-biden-atf-nominee-contempt-n45727

Online mountaineer

This anal orifice knows so little about guns, he'd ban the little .22LR plinker rifle I own, because it has a removable magazine.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

BassWrangler

This anal orifice knows so little about guns, he'd ban the little .22LR plinker rifle I own, because it has a removable magazine.

I am convinced that he really just thinks that no private citizens should be allowed to own guns. That this is Biden's nominee for ATF director speaks to just how far left the people pulling his strings are.

Offline andy58-in-nh

You can have mine, motherf***er - one round at a time.

Not kidding. Not anymore.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline DefiantMassRINO

If this guy gets confirmed, there will be more Ruby Ridge incidents.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

The incineration at Waco was his greatest achievement, apparently.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Only in the far hills. Think more on the order of Bundy Ranch, because, unlike w/COVID, we really are all in this together.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

BassWrangler

The incineration at Waco was his greatest achievement, apparently.

He's just getting started, I think. Hopefully the Senate will put an end to his ambitions for a cabinet level position, although they'll just appoint him to a deputy cabinet level position where he'll be calling the shots anyway.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sen. Kennedy Causes Biden's Insane ATF Director Nominee to Thoroughly Beclown Himself
By Bonchie | May 26, 2021 4:15 PM ET

With so much going on in the world, the nomination of David “Waco” Chipman as ATF Director has flown a bit under the radar. When it was first announced, RedState reported on Tucker Carlson’s takedown of the deranged internet troll so be sure to check that out (see Tucker Carlson Sweeps the Leg of Joe Biden’s ATF Nominee).

Now, the actual Senate hearing for the nomination has begun, and the viral clips are coming fast and hard. Sen. John Kennedy had one of the best exchanges, getting Chipman to absolutely beclown himself.

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1397598393208299522

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/05/26/sen-kennedy-causes-bidens-insane-atf-director-nominee-to-thoroughly-beclown-himself-n386886
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tom Cotton Presses Biden’s ATF Nominee Over Prosecuting Hunter For Lying On Background Check To Purchase Firearm

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1397594079899291651

https://dailycaller.com/2021/05/26/tom-cotton-atf-nominee-david-chipman-hunter-biden/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO