Author Topic: Democrats Urge Joe Biden to Ditch Bipartisan Negotiations and Force Agenda Through Congress  (Read 496 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats Urge Joe Biden to Ditch Bipartisan Negotiations and Force Agenda Through Congress

Wendell Husebo 3 May 2021

Democrats are urging President Joe Biden to ditch bipartisan negotiations and force big government spending packages totaling nearly six trillion dollars through Congress.

“There are certainly some in the president’s inner circle who were part of the Obama team who say, ‘Look, we can’t just have this go on forever,’” Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE) said about the stalled legislative efforts in the Senate. “There has to be an outcome,” he pressured.

Rep. Andy Levin (D-MI) also believes bipartisanship is becoming less necessary.

“The president has laid out so well what we need to get done to build back better and create good union jobs,” he said. “If the GOP wants to work with us to achieve that vision, I’m all for it. But I don’t think we should let their opposition force us to do less.”

Jay Carney, a former Obama White House press secretary and Biden staffer who is now an executive at Amazon, said of the stalled legislation, “I think everyone is much more realistic about whether bipartisan cooperation is possible.”

“The lesson that this team learned, beginning with President Biden, from that experience is that there is a cost to waiting too long,” added Carney.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/03/democrats-urge-joe-biden-ditch-bipartisan-negotiations-force-agenda-through-congress/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Here we go again.

Offline skeeter

Is anyone taking names? We'll need to know who did this to us when the economy collapses and we're all gnawing the bark off of trees.

Of course it would've been nice if ANYONE had stood up against it from the 'party of fiscal restraint'. We might not have made it to the point of fiscal lunacy.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 07:17:02 pm by skeeter »

Offline Idiot

Is anyone taking names? We'll need to know who did this to us when the economy collapses and we're all gnawing the bark off of trees.

Of course it would've been nice if ANYONE had stood up against it from the 'party of fiscal restraint'. We might not have made it to the point of fiscal lunacy.
I picked up groceries at walmart on Sunday and prices were up again....geez.  The value of the dollar is falling fast....

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Went to Amish market.

Muffins and Danish were at $2.50 each... up from $1.99 since 2017.

The lady said...everything we use...prices are up!   

25%???      :shrug:

Reg gasoline has gone above $3.00 for in some of the more affluent zip codes.  You can find it for $2.829

That's about what?... 90% rise from Pres. Trump's $1.599 ???

« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 07:51:02 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline thackney

...Reg gasoline has gone above $3.00 for in some of the more affluent zip codes.  You can find it for $2.829

That's about what?... 90% rise from Pres. Trump's $1.599 ???

https://www.gasbuddy.com/charts
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Biden is bankrupting us.   I hope those 80 million asshats that hated mean tweets are feeling the squeeze
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

https://www.gasbuddy.com/charts

Thanks, @thackney

I know I was paying less than two dollars @ gallon for 87 octane as recently as last Summer, as your graph points out.

Always credited Pres. Trump's Keystone Pipeline and the fact we're energy independent.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline thackney

Thanks, @thackney

I know I was paying less than two dollars @ gallon for 87 octane as recently as last Summer, as your graph points out.

Always credited Pres. Trump's Keystone Pipeline and the fact we're energy independent.

Since the Keystone XL never went into service, I doubt it was a factor.

But President Trump's policies made production grow quite a bit helping prices.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't

Don't need no names.

Anyone with a (D) or an (NT) after their name is guilty of gross treason.

And anyone who voted for the (D) or (NT) is equally guilty.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
I know one thing.

If the Rodents make college "free", the first amendment the Republicans should put on the bill is the total confiscation of the endowments of all private universities.   They won't be needing that money to finance needy students any more. 

The second thing that must go on the bill is criminal penalties for universities engaged in race-based admissions, as in, the Admissions officers go to prison.

And, finally, since colleges will then be a quasi-official branch of the government, the government should cap the wages and set a schedule of payments for all college employees, and clearly they should be paid much much less than what a Congressional staffer is paid.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 08:45:10 pm by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Kamaji

I know one thing.

If the Rodents make college "free", the first amendment the Republicans should put on the bill is the total confiscation of the endowments of all private universities.   They won't be needing that money to finance needy students any more. 

The second thing that must go on the bill is criminal penalties for universities engaged in race-based admissions, as in, the Admissions officers go to prison.

And, finally, since colleges will then be a quasi-official branch of the government, the government should cap the wages and set a schedule of payments for all college employees, and clearly they should be paid much much less than what a Congressional staffer is paid.

Sounds like a good start!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Here we go again.

Maybe the Bad Orange Man wasn't really the problem?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: