General Category > Health/Education

Are negative vaccine reactions all in your head?

<< < (2/12) > >>

Cyber Liberty:
So, a man is talking to his friend, who's a Psychiatrist.  The man tells the shrink about a mutual friend, who's been having some serious health problems.  After hearing about the symptoms, the Doc says, "It sounds like our friend may have a Psychosomatic illness.  Tell him his sickness all in his head."

Several weeks later, the man is again talking with the shrink, and the Doc asks the man, "So, how is Mutual Friend doing these days?"

"I have some bad news.  Our friend no longer thinks he's sick, now he thinks he's dead."

Kamaji:
There might be some sort of anxiety effect with some people, but I had two shots of the Moderna, and both times I had side effects/reactions, and I'm not particularly nervous or anxious about the vaccine or COVID-19.  Of course, my personal experience doesn't prove a lot, but I don't think this is just all in peoples' heads.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on May 03, 2021, 06:05:33 pm ---There might be some sort of anxiety effect with some people, but I had two shots of the Moderna, and both times I had side effects/reactions, and I'm not particularly nervous or anxious about the vaccine or COVID-19.  Of course, my personal experience doesn't prove a lot, but I don't think this is just all in peoples' heads.

--- End quote ---

Welcome to The Briefing Room and thank you for your input.  No I don't think the side effects are in people's heads.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on May 03, 2021, 06:04:53 pm ---So, a man is talking to his friend, who's a Psychiatrist.  The man tells the shrink about a mutual friend, who's been having some serious health problems.  After hearing about the symptoms, the Doc says, "It sounds like our friend may have a Psychosomatic illness.  Tell him his sickness all in his head."

Several weeks later, the man is again talking with the shrink, and the Doc asks the man, "So, how is Mutual Friend doing these days?"

"I have some bad news.  Our friend no longer thinks he's sick, now he thinks he's dead."

--- End quote ---

:silly:

Kamaji:

--- Quote from: libertybele on May 03, 2021, 06:46:52 pm ---Welcome to The Briefing Room and thank you for your input.  No I don't think the side effects are in people's heads.

--- End quote ---

Thank you!  I also generally don't think they're in peoples' heads.  I'm sure that some people might be so anxious about the vaccine, or the COVID-19, that they might have an anxiety attack, but so many people have had the vaccine that it's to be expected that there will be some small portion that have anxiety attacks.  But I don't think that covers all, most, or even a statistically relevant portion of the total number of people.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version