Author Topic: Are negative vaccine reactions all in your head?  (Read 3309 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Are negative vaccine reactions all in your head?
« on: May 03, 2021, 04:29:20 pm »
Are negative vaccine reactions all in your head?
Jazz Shaw May 03, 2021 9:21 AM ET

If you or anyone you know has already received a COVID vaccination you’ve probably heard all of the stories about the side effects that many people report after being jabbed. These vary from minor digestive issues and chills to elevated temperatures and heart rates, with some people even fainting. But are those all medical conditions caused by something in the vaccines or could they be psychosomatic in nature? The latter possibility is being looked at more closely after the CD released the results of a study this week finding that a significant number of people experiencing negative reactions to the vaccine were actually suffering from anxiety at sufficiently high levels to produce a physical response in their bodies. The study looked at patients receiving Johnson & Johnson vaccinations in five states over a one-week period in April. (NBC News)

It was anxiety — and not a problem with the shots — that caused reactions in dozens of people at coronavirus vaccine clinics in five states, U.S. health officials have concluded.

Experts say the clusters detailed Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are an example of a phenomenon that’s been chronicled for decades from a variety of different vaccines. Basically, some people get so freaked out by injections that their anxiety spurs a physical reaction.

“We knew we were going to see this” as mass Covid-19 vaccine clinics were set up around the world, said Dr. Noni MacDonald, a Canadian researcher who has studied similar incidents.

more
https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2021/05/03/are-negative-vaccine-reactions-all-in-your-head-n387311
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Are negative vaccine reactions all in your head?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 05:19:20 pm »
 *****rollingeyes***** No *****rollingeyes*****
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

BassWrangler

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 05:25:58 pm »
No. They're caused by your immune system reacting to a foreign substance in your tissue. That's the point of the vaccine.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 05:33:13 pm »
Blaming the victims?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 05:50:35 pm »
The reactions are real, especially after the 2nd shot.  Can feel like a case of the flu.  That's the vaccine illiciting a repsonse from the immune system, as designed, to create anti-bodies.

My wife had a reaction after her second shot.

Some co-workers have been taking sick days after their second shots.

No big whoop.  News networks are such drama queens.  Axiety and Fear = Ratings.  Is there ever news that's not breaking?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 06:04:53 pm »
So, a man is talking to his friend, who's a Psychiatrist.  The man tells the shrink about a mutual friend, who's been having some serious health problems.  After hearing about the symptoms, the Doc says, "It sounds like our friend may have a Psychosomatic illness.  Tell him his sickness all in his head."

Several weeks later, the man is again talking with the shrink, and the Doc asks the man, "So, how is Mutual Friend doing these days?"

"I have some bad news.  Our friend no longer thinks he's sick, now he thinks he's dead."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 06:05:33 pm »
There might be some sort of anxiety effect with some people, but I had two shots of the Moderna, and both times I had side effects/reactions, and I'm not particularly nervous or anxious about the vaccine or COVID-19.  Of course, my personal experience doesn't prove a lot, but I don't think this is just all in peoples' heads.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 06:46:52 pm »
There might be some sort of anxiety effect with some people, but I had two shots of the Moderna, and both times I had side effects/reactions, and I'm not particularly nervous or anxious about the vaccine or COVID-19.  Of course, my personal experience doesn't prove a lot, but I don't think this is just all in peoples' heads.

Welcome to The Briefing Room and thank you for your input.  No I don't think the side effects are in people's heads.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 06:48:10 pm »
So, a man is talking to his friend, who's a Psychiatrist.  The man tells the shrink about a mutual friend, who's been having some serious health problems.  After hearing about the symptoms, the Doc says, "It sounds like our friend may have a Psychosomatic illness.  Tell him his sickness all in his head."

Several weeks later, the man is again talking with the shrink, and the Doc asks the man, "So, how is Mutual Friend doing these days?"

"I have some bad news.  Our friend no longer thinks he's sick, now he thinks he's dead."

:silly:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2021, 06:49:47 pm »
Welcome to The Briefing Room and thank you for your input.  No I don't think the side effects are in people's heads.

Thank you!  I also generally don't think they're in peoples' heads.  I'm sure that some people might be so anxious about the vaccine, or the COVID-19, that they might have an anxiety attack, but so many people have had the vaccine that it's to be expected that there will be some small portion that have anxiety attacks.  But I don't think that covers all, most, or even a statistically relevant portion of the total number of people.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2021, 10:39:40 pm »
No, it was definitely not "all in my head."

I felt fine the entire day after my shot. The reaction took hold in the middle of the night: chills, muscle aches, fatigue, disorientation—and it lasted through most of the following day. It basically described what I've heard others describe as "flu-like symptoms," which I haven't really recalled ever having in my lifetime. It was gone by the next day (this morning), which is typical of what happens when I get sick naturally. The reaction was a little stronger than I was expecting.

I didn't go into this with any sort of anxiety at all, which somewhat surprised me, though having stood back and watched for the past several weeks as the vaccine rolled out, I had a general idea of what to expect and was confident enough to go sign up for it. And yet I still had symptoms from the immune response.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2021, 10:49:31 pm »
There is a curious thing I did observe about my side effects and all:

The average time it takes from exposure to COVID in the wild, to a positive test and/or onset of symptoms, is 6 days, even up to two weeks (at least in theory). I experienced vaccine side effects about 12 hours after injection—and those who have spoken about having a reaction to the shot have had similar timeframes of about 12 to 24 hours after injection, lasting about a day afterward. That's a lot faster.

I'm assuming that that's the difference between infection through inhaling or contact and by injecting straight into the bloodstream. It takes days for the virus to incubate in that environment before it reaches a critical mass, theoretically. That would also partially explain why older people are more likely to have the severe reactions to the virus in the wild, but less likely to have a vaccine reaction: they have more ACE2 receptors in the eyes and nose. Whereas the younger person's ACE2 receptors are fewer and thus more hostile to the virus, injecting the vaccine bypasses that mode of protection.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2021, 10:50:04 pm »
No, it was definitely not "all in my head."

I felt fine the entire day after my shot. The reaction took hold in the middle of the night: chills, muscle aches, fatigue, disorientation—and it lasted through most of the following day. It basically described what I've heard others describe as "flu-like symptoms," which I haven't really recalled ever having in my lifetime. It was gone by the next day (this morning), which is typical of what happens when I get sick naturally. The reaction was a little stronger than I was expecting.

I didn't go into this with any sort of anxiety at all, which somewhat surprised me, though having stood back and watched for the past several weeks as the vaccine rolled out, I had a general idea of what to expect and was confident enough to go sign up for it. And yet I still had symptoms from the immune response.

Good information. Which vaccine did you get??    Disorientation isn't a flu like symptom that I've ever experienced. 

BassWrangler

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2021, 11:26:45 pm »
There is a curious thing I did observe about my side effects and all:

The average time it takes from exposure to COVID in the wild, to a positive test and/or onset of symptoms, is 6 days, even up to two weeks (at least in theory). I experienced vaccine side effects about 12 hours after injection—and those who have spoken about having a reaction to the shot have had similar timeframes of about 12 to 24 hours after injection, lasting about a day afterward. That's a lot faster.

I'm assuming that that's the difference between infection through inhaling or contact and by injecting straight into the bloodstream. It takes days for the virus to incubate in that environment before it reaches a critical mass, theoretically. That would also partially explain why older people are more likely to have the severe reactions to the virus in the wild, but less likely to have a vaccine reaction: they have more ACE2 receptors in the eyes and nose. Whereas the younger person's ACE2 receptors are fewer and thus more hostile to the virus, injecting the vaccine bypasses that mode of protection.

This is my understanding from talking with a doctor.

When you catch a virus in the wild, it starts with a very small infection. Could be as small as a single virus molecule. The  virus infects your cells and co-opts the cells' mechanisms to manufacture more virus. The cell then dies, releasing the more virus which then spreads to more cells, etc. It can be awhile before this is is big enough to trigger an immune response large enough for you to notice.

When you get one of these mRNA vaccines, they are giving you a pretty significant dose of messenger RNA encapsulated in a protective lipid. The mRNA tells your cells to produce a protein (or proteins) that are found on the outer shell of the virus. Your cells will manufacture those proteins, but only in the amount triggered by the initial dosage (mRNA vaccines do not modify your DNA, despite what some of the anti-vax crowd says), and after that no more is made. So they have to give you a significant enough dosage to trigger enough proteins to be made to trigger an appropriate immune response. Same thing applies for non mRNA vaccines, although with those there is no intermediary step where your cells manufacture proteins.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 01:24:59 am by BassWrangler »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2021, 12:51:02 am »
Blaming the victims?
Of course. This is the refuge of shitty medical practitioners everywhere. Blame the patient.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2021, 01:26:34 am »
Good information. Which vaccine did you get??    Disorientation isn't a flu like symptom that I've ever experienced.
Johnson and Johnson. It was mild; I was still able to drive without any issue, for example. But if I sat down for a prolonged period of time, I might have gotten a little dizzy and/or lightheaded standing up and walking across the room—nothing where I'd pass out or anything like that. Or if I was moving around and then sat down to rest, I'd feel weird. It happened a couple of times during that period.

BassWrangler

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2021, 01:36:01 am »
Johnson and Johnson. It was mild; I was still able to drive without any issue, for example. But if I sat down for a prolonged period of time, I might have gotten a little dizzy and/or lightheaded standing up and walking across the room—nothing where I'd pass out or anything like that. Or if I was moving around and then sat down to rest, I'd feel weird. It happened a couple of times during that period.

Have you grown any extra limbs yet? After my 12th dose, I'm starting to see what looks like an additional eye forming on my right shoulder.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2021, 01:37:42 am »
Have you grown any extra limbs yet? After my 12th dose, I'm starting to see what looks like an additional eye forming on my right shoulder.
Well, there's this baby's arm holding an apple, but that's another issue altogether.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2021, 01:38:22 am »

Better not touch that!  It's a Sockeye. :terror:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

BassWrangler

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2021, 01:50:48 am »
Well, there's this baby's arm holding an apple, but that's another issue altogether.

Hmmm, maybe I should switch over to J&J then.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2021, 02:59:35 am »
Of course not. One week to the day after my wife had her second Moderna injection she woke up in the night with horrible itching and when we turned on the light her left arm where she was injected was all a flame with rash also it spread to her back and front lasting for several days, all this considering she had just the typical redness and soreness with the first injection. But from what I read this is not an unusual occurrence and was relatively short lived, though the first thought we both had was Shingles.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2021, 04:21:32 am »
FWIW (from Gab)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2021, 04:24:41 am »
Take the VAERS reports with a certain grain of salt: there has never been this many of one vaccine distributed, at once, like this. So, yeah, in terms of raw numbers, it'll look high, but when you're giving that many shots, is it any more than the average for other vaccines?

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2021, 04:33:52 am »
Take the VAERS reports with a certain grain of salt: there has never been this many of one vaccine distributed, at once, like this. So, yeah, in terms of raw numbers, it'll look high, but when you're giving that many shots, is it any more than the average for other vaccines?
Valid point. I don't have the numbers, and VAERS is backlogged, so it is difficult to compare in terms of rates.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2021, 03:01:37 pm »

VAERS reports are raw data, reports of "adverse events" of wide ranging types and severity that happened after vaccination. After investigation, some will be judged unrelated to the vaccines. Anyone citing VAERS reports raw numbers as proving anything, at best, doesn't understand the database (s)he is citing. I think there are some anti-vaxxers who do understand what the DB is and are knowingly and intentionally deceptive.

As the saying goes, "A text out of context is a pretext." As of yesterday morning's numbers, more than 147.5 million Americans (>56.3% of the US population who are allowed to receive one of the vaccines!) have received at least one vaccine dose, of whom more than 105.5 million are fully vaccinated. VAERS reports numbers have to be understood in that context.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.