Author Topic: Top U.S. Nuclear Commander Will Push to Put Bombers Back on Alert if U.S. Dumps ICBMs  (Read 356 times)

rangerrebew

Top U.S. Nuclear Commander Will Push to Put Bombers Back on Alert if U.S. Dumps ICBMs

By
Ryan Pickrell

America’s top nuclear commander told lawmakers Tuesday that he would push to put US nuclear-capable bombers on alert if the military lost its intercontinental ballistic missiles.

As some lawmakers question the need to invest in nuclear modernization programs like the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent, a replacement for the aging Minuteman III ICBM force, the head of US Strategic Command is arguing in favor of moving forward with the modernization plans and against cutting the ICBM force.

STRATCOM commander Adm. Charles Richard has argued previously that a failure to modernize and replace what the US has now is essentially disarmament in the face of a growing threat. Russia has its own nuclear triad, and China is developing a functional triad.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2021/05/top-u-s-nuclear-commander-will-push-to-put-bombers-back-on-alert-if-u-s-dumps-icbms/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Imho, doing away with the ICBMs would be insanity.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Imho, doing away with the ICBMs would be insanity.
Insanity thy name is Joe Biden