Author Topic: FVL: Don’t Pick The Tiltrotor, V-22 Test Pilot Tells Army  (Read 223 times)

rangerrebew

FVL: Don’t Pick The Tiltrotor, V-22 Test Pilot Tells Army
In the competition for the Future Long Range Assault Aircraft, high agility and low life-cycle costs matter most, a former Marine tiltrotor test pilot argues.
By   Scott Trail on April 30, 2021 at 6:01 AM

Sikorsky-Boeing graphic

Defiant-X compound helicopters sling-loading heavy cargo (artist’s conception)

Most military veterans swear by the gear they’re familiar with. But in this op-ed, former Marine Corps V-22 test pilot Scott Trail says that while tiltrotors are a good fit for the Marine Corps’ long-range missions, a compound helicopter is a better match for the Army. Why? Read on! The Editors.

Which aircraft should the Army buy to replace the Reagan-era UH-60 Black Hawk? On March 30, the Army announced that Bell Textron’s V-280 Valor tiltrotor and the Sikorsky-Boeing Defiant X compound helicopter will advance to the next phase of the Future Long Range Assault Aircraft (FLRAA) program.

Based on my research and my first-hand experience as a tiltrotor test pilot in the Marine Corps, the compound helicopter is the clear choice when it comes to choosing the configuration that best supports the Army’s mission and minimizes costs.

https://breakingdefense.com/2021/04/fvl-dont-pick-the-tiltrotor-v-22-test-pilot-tells-army/

rangerrebew

Re: FVL: Don’t Pick The Tiltrotor, V-22 Test Pilot Tells Army
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 03:15:47 pm »
It is sure to be the choice, then. :nono:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: FVL: Don’t Pick The Tiltrotor, V-22 Test Pilot Tells Army
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 05:19:35 pm »
It is sure to be the choice, then. :nono:

If they're built in a Rat's Congressional District, that's a sure bet.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: