Author Topic: Pope Francis  (Read 2228 times)

Offline Skull

Pope Francis
« on: May 02, 2021, 10:43:33 pm »
Being a Buddhist for many years I do not follow any inter-Christianity squabbles.  Yet the present Pope is very popular in some Christian circles and not liked in others?  He seems an open & friendly chap to us outside his faith.  So why the hostility toward him; just that old anti-Catholic notion or....??

Here is Vatican News report of his congenial relations with some Buddhists:

https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope/news/2019-11/pope-in-thailand-catholics-and-buddhists-can-live-together.html

This attitude is more appealing to non-Christians than the old colonial missionary regime.
Truth is against the stream of common thought, deep, subtle, difficult, delicate, unseen by passion’s slaves cloaked in the murk of ignorance. Vipassī Buddha

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Pope Francis
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 10:46:38 pm »
What's not to like about an avowed communist?  /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 10:49:18 pm »
Being a Buddhist for many years I do not follow any inter-Christianity squabbles.  Yet the present Pope is very popular in some Christian circles and not liked in others?  He seems an open & friendly chap to us outside his faith.  So why the hostility toward him; just that old anti-Catholic notion or....??Here is Vatican News report of his congenial relations with some Buddhists.
This attitude is more appealing to non-Christians than the old colonial missionary regime.
--------------------------
Er............compelling evidence indicates he is not a Roman Catholic!!!!

Offline Skull

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 11:09:36 pm »
--------------------------
Er............compelling evidence indicates he is not a Roman Catholic!!!!

The Pope is not RC?  He sure buffaloed a lot of Cardinals who elected him.  What about Benedict XVI or St. John Paul II
Truth is against the stream of common thought, deep, subtle, difficult, delicate, unseen by passion’s slaves cloaked in the murk of ignorance. Vipassī Buddha

Offline Absalom

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 11:21:26 pm »
The Pope is not RC?  He sure buffaloed a lot of Cardinals who elected him.  What about Benedict XVI or St. John Paul II
---------------------------------------------------------

At the core of Roman Catholic Teaching, is that both Abortion and Homosexuality
are Mortal Sins and as such, Haram!
Frankie Boy is unsure about Abortion and surrounded by Homosexual errand boys.
So much for his Roman Catholicism!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 12:24:34 am »
---------------------------------------------------------

At the core of Roman Catholic Teaching, is that both Abortion and Homosexuality
are Mortal Sins and as such, Haram!
Frankie Boy is unsure about Abortion and surrounded by Homosexual errand boys.
So much for his Roman Catholicism!

Pope Francis is one of the most liberal popes that we've had.

I left the Roman Catholic church for awhile and was then confirmed in the Episcopal church (Anglican Catholic).  I also attended a non-denominational church for awhile. I consider myself a Roman/Anglican Catholic.               

Growing up I attended Church and mass was said in Latin, which I learned most of and the altar was turned towards the crucifix. There was great reverence and when I was in my early teens, things changed.  No more Latin and the altar was turned towards the parishenors and the liturgy changed and exceptions to the original teachings of the church occurred. Even though I was young and the changes were geared towards attracting more youth, I disliked the changes; I liked the reverence of the 'high' mass and the Latin and the original liturgy.  It had deep, rich, historial and spiritual meaning.  The Catholic Church can prove the succession  of bishops from the apostles. No other church has that proof of succession.  How this pope was selected and why is beyond me.

Now churches of mixed faiths are combined in one church in order to afford to stay open. We do have a Roman Catholic church in the area that is doing phenomenally well in spite of the times.

Female priests and the changes in the liturgy don't sit well with me.  The sexual scandals are appalling and just like the GOP the Catholic church IMHO has lost its way; it has tried to appease political correctness and it has cost them their integrity.

I don't attend Church anymore, but I read the Bible and pray daily. I in a small way do some evangelical work here and there.

Church is an entity.  My belief in God and the teachings of the Roman Catholic church/Bible are instilled in me.

As for non-denominational churches and the supposed 'born again christians' I have found both to be hypocritical, just as I see this Pope.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 12:39:21 am »
I left the Roman Catholic church for awhile and was then confirmed in the Episcopal church (Anglican Catholic).  I also attended a non-denominational church for awhile. I consider myself a Roman/Anglican Catholic.               
Growing up I attended Church and mass was said in Latin, which I learned most of and the altar was turned towards the crucifix. There was great reverence and when I was in my early teens, things changed.  No more Latin and the altar was turned towards the parishioners and the liturgy changed and exceptions to the original teachings of the church occurred. Even though I was young and the changes were geared towards attracting more youth, I disliked the changes; I liked the reverence of the 'high' mass and the Latin and the original liturgy.  It had deep, rich, historical and spiritual meaning.  The Catholic Church can prove the succession  of bishops from the apostles. No other church has that proof of succession.  How this pope was selected and why is beyond me.
Now churches of mixed faiths are combined in one church in order to afford to stay open. We do have a Roman Catholic church in the area that is doing phenomenally well in spite of the times.
Female priests and the changes in the liturgy don't sit well with me.  The sexual scandals are appalling and just like the GOP the Catholic church IMHO has lost its way; it has tried to appease political correctness and it has cost them their integrity.
I don't attend Church anymore, but I read the Bible and pray daily. I in a small way do some evangelical work here and there. Church is an entity.  My belief in God and the teachings of the Roman Catholic church/Bible are instilled in me. As for non-denominational churches and the supposed 'born again Christians' I have found both to be hypocritical, just as I see this Pope.
------------------------------
Reflective comments.
On the bright side, this mistake is close to 80 and never will be missed!!!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 12:56:21 am »
------------------------------
Reflective comments.
On the bright side, this mistake is close to 80 and never will be missed!!!

The Church changed and consequently I think society changed  as a result and definitely not for the better.

I guess I have entered old age and am an old fart that doesn't like what our society has become.

My parent's generation complained of dirty blue jeans, men with long hair and rock 'n roll music -- if ONLY those were the only ills of our society today.  Times have certainly changed.

IMHO women's liberation was a catalyst in large part for the moral decay of our society today.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 12:57:56 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 01:28:24 am »
The Church changed and consequently I think society changed  as a result and definitely not for the better. I have entered old age and am an old fart that doesn't like what our society has become.
My parent's generation complained of dirty blue jeans, men with long hair and rock 'n roll music -- if ONLY those were the ills of our society today.  Times have certainly changed.
IMHO women's liberation was a catalyst in large part for the moral decay of our society today.
------------------------
Man is governed by his Soul (Psyche) defined by Plato in 'The Republic', some 400 years before
the birth of Jesus Christ and the formation of the Roman Catholic Church.
All serious Religions are bound by eternal & unchanging Principles / Precepts,
otherwise they are not Religions, merely some social entity yapping faddish
horse manure at the easily impressed.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 04:14:24 pm by Absalom »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2021, 02:03:56 am »
This guy acts like he WANTS to be the last Pope.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2021, 03:53:54 pm »

To many in the RC Church, "Jesuit" is synonymous with "Not a Catholic."  The others you mentioned are actually Roman Catholics, but Francis is a Jesuit.

As a result, if one were to ask a Catholic if the Pope is Catholic, the answer will often be "no."
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 04:05:29 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2021, 05:52:04 pm »

As a result, if one were to ask a Catholic if the Pope is Catholic, the answer will often be "no."

That would be my answer.  I don't even know If I believe a bear shits in the woods anymore.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2021, 05:55:54 pm »
That would be my answer.  I don't even know If I believe a bear shits in the woods anymore.

A sad state of affairs, the world is upside down!  The Pope isn't Catholic, and the bear shits in the Vatican. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2021, 05:58:01 pm »
A sad state of affairs, the world is upside down!  The Pope isn't Catholic, and the bear shits in the Vatican. :shrug:

True. :(
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2021, 06:01:17 pm »
Bears are still crapping in the woods....
Is the Pope Catholic?....well, that is a different question.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Skull

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2021, 06:06:47 pm »
I started to read The Jesuits by Malachi Martin but too long & depressing a tale.  Seems the "Popes' men" stayed loyal to a Pope depending on whether that Pope followed their lead or not. And Jesuits seem to truly crave being THE Church.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2021, 06:42:52 pm »

Well if I recall correctly according to Nostradamus he is the last pope.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2021, 06:44:31 pm »

This Pope ain't Catholic enough!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2021, 06:36:44 am »

Growing up I attended Church and mass was said in Latin, which I learned most of and the altar was turned towards the crucifix. There was great reverence and when I was in my early teens, things changed.  No more Latin and the altar was turned towards the parishenors and the liturgy changed and exceptions to the original teachings of the church occurred. Even though I was young and the changes were geared towards attracting more youth, I disliked the changes; I liked the reverence of the 'high' mass and the Latin and the original liturgy.  It had deep, rich, historial and spiritual meaning.  The Catholic Church can prove the succession  of bishops from the apostles. No other church has that proof of succession.  How this pope was selected and why is beyond me.

I don't attend Church anymore, but I read the Bible and pray daily. I in a small way do some evangelical work here and there.

Church is an entity.  My belief in God and the teachings of the Roman Catholic church/Bible are instilled in me.

As for non-denominational churches and the supposed 'born again christians' I have found both to be hypocritical, just as I see this Pope.

Similar experience, and pretty much where I am today, as well.
For me, I have real problems with a Pope who goes against fundamental doctrine.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2021, 08:37:24 pm »
Quote from: bigheadfred on May 02, 2021, 10:03:56 PM

Well if I recall correctly according to Nostradamus he is the last pope.

It's not Nostradamus, it's St Malachy.  He lived in the 1100s. 
He was a priest. His story is as follows:

On a journey to Rome, he was given a revelation.
It was a series of one or two word phrases.  He wrote down the whole list.
When he arrived in Rome, the list was placed in the Vatican archives.

About 400 years later, someone stumbled across the list,
and noted that it turned out to be an accurate description of each Pope starting from the time of Malachy.
So people have been paying attention to the list ever since.

For example, the phrase religio devastato (religion devastated)
corresponds with the Pope who was in office during World War I.

The LAST name on the list, Petrus Romanus, corresponds with the current Pope.
He himself is from Argentina, but both of his parents were from Italy.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2021, 02:44:36 am »
The Pope is not RC?  He sure buffaloed a lot of Cardinals who elected him. What about Benedict XVI or St. John Paul II
You could say the same on George HW Bush nominating ultra liberal David Souter as a conservative justice and the subsequent votes by Republicans confirming him.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DB

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2021, 03:50:52 am »
Quote from: bigheadfred on May 02, 2021, 10:03:56 PM

It's not Nostradamus, it's St Malachy.  He lived in the 1100s. 
He was a priest. His story is as follows:

On a journey to Rome, he was given a revelation.
It was a series of one or two word phrases.  He wrote down the whole list.
When he arrived in Rome, the list was placed in the Vatican archives.

About 400 years later, someone stumbled across the list,
and noted that it turned out to be an accurate description of each Pope starting from the time of Malachy.
So people have been paying attention to the list ever since.

For example, the phrase religio devastato (religion devastated)
corresponds with the Pope who was in office during World War I.

The LAST name on the list, Petrus Romanus, corresponds with the current Pope.
He himself is from Argentina, but both of his parents were from Italy.

If he is the last pope. We're in for an extreme ride.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2021, 04:51:42 am »
If he is the last pope. We're in for an extreme ride.
Since the advent of Duh Won, something has been "off" in the fabric of the universe.
Whatever you want to attribute that to, it just feels WRONG.

Yeah, you don't have to read the Burma Shave signs, it's coming.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2021, 04:59:57 am »
Since the advent of Duh Won, something has been "off" in the fabric of the universe.
Whatever you want to attribute that to, it just feels WRONG.

Yeah, you don't have to read the Burma Shave signs, it's coming.

Yes, things feel very wrong. The familiar underpinnings of civilization are crumbling quickly and it only seems to be accelerating. Everything is at the crossroads.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2021, 10:16:20 pm »
Smokin' Joe mused:
"Yeah, you don't have to read the Burma Shave signs, it's coming."

If you don't know
Whose signs these are
You can't have driven
Very far.

BURMA SHAVE

As I told a friend years ago, once The West begins to crumble, it will plunge down as suddenly as did the towers of the World Trade Center.

Gone into a great cloud of dust...