Author Topic: Texas special election: Susan Wright advances to runoff for late husband's seat against fellow Repub  (Read 362 times)

Offline libertybele

Texas special election: Susan Wright advances to runoff for late husband's seat against fellow Republican

Republicans Susan Wright, the wife of the late Republican Rep. Ron Wright, and Jake Ellzey advanced this weekend to a runoff election for Texas’ Sixth Congressional District, which many see as a bellwether for future contests.

Ellzey defeated Democrat Jana Lynne Sanchez by less than 400 votes for the second runoff spot. The New York Times reported that the special election results disappointed Democrats who hoped for a better showing for Sanchez.

"Democrats have come a long way toward compeeting in Texas but we still have a way to go," Sanchez said in a statement on Sunday. "Unfortunately, tonight we came up short, and two Republicans will be competing to represent this Congressional district.

Texas Democratic Party Chair Gilberto Hinojosa praised Sanchez for a "hard-fought campaign" after her loss.

"The clear enthusiasm in this election is one more sign that Texas is moving closer and closer to turning blue with every year that passes," Hinojosa said in a statement. "The new Democratic South is rising, and we will continue to rally our movement to take back our state — including as we look toward the 2022 governor’s race."

As of Sunday, Wright received more than 19% of the votes. Candidates were required to get over 50% in order to avoid a runoff. There were 23 candidates on the ballot..........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-special-election-susan-wright-advances-to-runoff-for-late-husbands-house-seat
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

This was the special election some MSM-folk were trying to make into some sort of referendum on Trump. The leader, Wright, was endorsed by Trump, while I think Elzey was supported by Gov. Abbott. I'd say Trump might have won the round but the "fight" is undecided.

The nearly 2 dozen candidates probably guaranteed there would be a run-off, but I wonder whether that hurt Sanchez and the Dems most.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

The nearly 2 dozen candidates probably guaranteed there would be a run-off, but I wonder whether that hurt Sanchez and the Dems most.

The rats thought they could turn that district blue.   They was wrong.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.