Author Topic: Bush: ‘Anglo-Saxon’ ideals show pro-Trump Republicans ‘want to be extinct’  (Read 953 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Bush: ‘Anglo-Saxon’ ideals show pro-Trump Republicans ‘want to be extinct’
The Guardian/UK, May 1, 2021

Ahead of a special election on Saturday to replace a Texas congressman who died after contracting Covid-19, former president George W Bush said the ascendancy of supporters of Donald Trump suggest Republicans “want to be extinct”.

<snip>

Bush is promoting a new book, a collection of portraits and stories of immigrants. In an interview released on Friday by the Dispatch, an anti-Trump conservative podcast, he was asked about recent moves by pro-Trump extremists to form a congressional caucus promoting “Anglo-Saxon traditions”.

“To me that basically says that we want to be extinct,” he said.

If such trends continued, Bush said, in three to five years “there’s not going to be a party. I mean I read about that and I’m saying to myself, ‘Wow, these people need to read my book.’ And I mean, it’s like saying when I was running for governor of Texas, you’ll never get any Latino votes because you’re Republican. And I said you watch. And I worked hard.

“And the key thing was to let them know that I could hear their voice. I mean, democracy is great in that sense. And the idea of kind of saying you can only be Republican ‘if’, then the ultimate extension of that is it ends up being a one-person party.”

Asked if he agreed with “more than 50%” of Republicans who think the election was stolen, Bush said: “No. I guess I’m one of the other 50%.

“By the way, I’m still a Republican, proud to be Republican. I think Republicans will have a second chance to govern, because I believe that the Biden administration is a uniting factor, and particularly on the fiscal side of things. So, you know, we’ll see. But I know this – that if the Republican party stands for exclusivity, you know, used to be country clubs, now evidently it’s white Anglo-Saxon Protestantism, then it’s not going to win anything.”

More: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/may/01/george-w-bush-anglo-saxon-donald-trump-republicans-texas-congressional-election

I think it's safe to say we now know who's smoking Hunter's parmesan cheese stash.

Offline skeeter

Honestly, what is up with this cretin?

Offline dfwgator

George W. Bush says the Republican Party has a shot at future elections if it curbs its 'white Anglo-Saxon Protestantism'
Business Insider, May 1, 2021

Former President George W. Bush said he believes the Republican Party will win in future elections if its members embrace traditional ideals and curb the "white Anglo-Saxon Protestantism."

But the Republican Party will not win by representing ideals tied to white supremacy, he suggested.

"If the Republican Party stands for exclusivity — it used to be country clubs, now it's white Anglo-Saxon Protestantism — then it's not going to win anything," Bush said.

https://www.businessinsider.com/george-w-bush-republicans-elections-white-anglo-saxon-protestantism-2021-5

Says the poster child for white supremacy.

Offline dfwgator

George Bush doesn't care about white people.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Bush: ‘Anglo-Saxon’ ideals show pro-Trump Republicans ‘want to be extinct’
The Guardian/UK, May 1, 2021

Ahead of a special election on Saturday to replace a Texas congressman who died after contracting Covid-19, former president George W Bush said the ascendancy of supporters of Donald Trump suggest Republicans “want to be extinct”.

<snip>

Bush is promoting a new book, a collection of portraits and stories of immigrants. In an interview released on Friday by the Dispatch, an anti-Trump conservative podcast, he was asked about recent moves by pro-Trump extremists to form a congressional caucus promoting “Anglo-Saxon traditions”.

“To me that basically says that we want to be extinct,” he said.

If such trends continued, Bush said, in three to five years “there’s not going to be a party. I mean I read about that and I’m saying to myself, ‘Wow, these people need to read my book.’ And I mean, it’s like saying when I was running for governor of Texas, you’ll never get any Latino votes because you’re Republican. And I said you watch. And I worked hard.

“And the key thing was to let them know that I could hear their voice. I mean, democracy is great in that sense. And the idea of kind of saying you can only be Republican ‘if’, then the ultimate extension of that is it ends up being a one-person party.”

Asked if he agreed with “more than 50%” of Republicans who think the election was stolen, Bush said: “No. I guess I’m one of the other 50%.

“By the way, I’m still a Republican, proud to be Republican. I think Republicans will have a second chance to govern, because I believe that the Biden administration is a uniting factor, and particularly on the fiscal side of things. So, you know, we’ll see. But I know this – that if the Republican party stands for exclusivity, you know, used to be country clubs, now evidently it’s white Anglo-Saxon Protestantism, then it’s not going to win anything.”

More: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/may/01/george-w-bush-anglo-saxon-donald-trump-republicans-texas-congressional-election

Interesting article.  Some questions.

First, note that they state that the Congressman died "after contracting" the Chinese Virus.   What did he die of?  Was he shot?  Run over by a motorcycle?  Stepped on by an elephant while making love?   Pay attention to the fact that they DID NOT say he died of Kung Flu.   Like all the CV "statistics", they are still perpetuating lies and propaganda.

GW Bush is an idiot.  Always has been and cannot stop.   This is an expression of his genetics and that cannot be changed for the better.

Is there something wrong with the old-fashioned Anglo-Saxon, Western Civilization ethos that prompted action from Nathan Hale, Paul Revere, George Washington, Generals Sherman and Patton and LeMay?   No American wants that to go extinct.

GW doesn't believe the sun rises in the East or that the 2020 election was blatantly stolen before everyone's very eyes, in real time.

Glad I never voted for the clown.   

And, no, he's not a "republican".   He's a Bush.   And like the bushes in my yard, I don't ask what he thinks.  Because he can't.

Maybe he should have spoken out when that fairy from Kenya was destroying the Constitution, hmmm.....?  Not one word did he say then.   Now he's defending Biden.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
George Bush doesn't care about white people.

That's funny right there I don't care if you are Kanye West
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

And to think I get upset when  al-Zaidi threw his shoes at W.  In my books, he's become a liberal racist.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

I think it's safe to say we now know who's smoking Hunter's parmesan cheese stash.

Yes. These people all think, we are as DUMB as they are.  BOOK huh?  N.W.O.  BUSH thinks he is a republican?  :silly:

Offline LegalAmerican

LOVE IT!   888high58888    :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Yes nothing 'bad' to say about Obama and the destruction of American under that phony!  VOTER FRAUD..again.

Offline skeeter

And to think I get upset when  al-Zaidi threw his shoes at W. 
My only regret about that is the guy didn’t have a better arm.

IMO the Bush dynasty had high hopes for Geo. Pee Bush and inundating the nation with voters from Central America was all part of the plan.

Hell he took us to war to avenge his pop, didnt he? These people epitomize ‘elitists’.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 08:26:40 pm by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

My only regret about that is the guy didn’t have a better arm.

IMO the Bush dynasty had high hopes for Geo. Pee Bush and inundating the nation with voters from Central America was all part of the plan.

Hell he took us to war to avenge his pop, didnt he? These people epitomize ‘elitists’.

I was very happy when Jeb! was tossed aside so quickly in the '16 election. Trump and Cruz sent shockwaves through the GOP and Trump sent shockwaves through out the world.

The Bush dynasty is hopefully over for good.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Ann Richards was right when she said:  "Poor George [W. Bush], he can't help it.
He was born with a silver foot in his mouth.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

Ann Richards was right when she said:  "Poor George [W. Bush], he can't help it.
He was born with a silver foot in his mouth.

Ann Richards was a better governor than the Shrub.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The reason why George Bush never spoke against Obama is simple.  Both of them were staunch globalist pawns, and both shared the same goals.  Trump comes along and wants to improve life for all Americans, and that is against their vision of the future.

I said it before, I will say it again.  George is out there shooting his idiot mouth off to prime the pump for probably his idiot brother to run again.  Name recognition and all that.  Believe me, the Never Trumpers have laid out a plan to undermine Trump should he run again.  Count on it, and this numbnut is involved.  The globalists will have a candidate on both sides of the aisle running.  They do not lose, it does not matter who is elected, except maybe Trump.

Offline LegalAmerican

The reason why George Bush never spoke against Obama is simple.  Both of them were staunch globalist pawns, and both shared the same goals.  Trump comes along and wants to improve life for all Americans, and that is against their vision of the future.

I said it before, I will say it again.  George is out there shooting his idiot mouth off to prime the pump for probably his idiot brother to run again.  Name recognition and all that.  Believe me, the Never Trumpers have laid out a plan to undermine Trump should he run again.  Count on it, and this numbnut is involved.  The globalists will have a candidate on both sides of the aisle running.  They do not lose, it does not matter who is elected, except maybe Trump.

I say, Never Trumpers are then INSANE.  Against America and our constitution.  All TRUMP ENVY.

Offline skeeter

I say, Never Trumpers are then INSANE.  Against America and our constitution.  All TRUMP ENVY.
They're not insane - they're cold blooded and greedy. Globalism fills their pockets and gives them power. They're willing to trade every liberty you and I have to get it.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I was very happy when Jeb! was tossed aside so quickly in the '16 election. Trump and Cruz sent shockwaves through the GOP and Trump sent shockwaves through out the world.

The Bush dynasty is hopefully over for good.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
obama and bush are the same animal with different stripes.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

obama and bush are the same animal with different stripes.

Yep and Biden wears stripes of both.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
George W. Bush: If GOP Stands for ‘White Anglo-Saxon Protestantism, Then It’s Not Going to Win Anything’

Joel B. Pollak 3 May 2021

Former President George W. Bush told The Dispatch podcast on Friday that if the Republican Party “stands for … White Anglo-Saxon Protestantism, then it’s not going to win anything.”

The Dispatch was launched in 2020 by Never Trump writers, including alumni of the now-defunct Weekly Standard. Bush was interviewed by Sarah Isgur, who served as the spokesperson for the Department of Justice under President Donald Trump, and former Weekly Standard editor-in-chief Steve Hayes.

Isgur asked Bush specifically about proposals to put “Anglo-Saxon traditions” into law, and asked Bush if he would ever reach a point where he would say he was not a Republican.

“No, I’d say there’s not going to be a party,” he said.

He later added: “The idea of kind of saying, you can only be a Republican if … the ultimate extension of that is that it ends up being a one-person party.”

“To me, that basically says we want to be extinct … If the Republican Party stands for exclusivity, you know, it used to be country clubs, now apparently it’s White Anglo-Saxon Protestantism, then it’s not going to win anything.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/03/george-w-bush-if-gop-stands-for-white-anglo-saxon-protestantism-then-its-not-going-to-win-anything-dispatch/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

What Bush is really saying is that all the ignorant illegals swarming across the border are superior to citizens who have lived here their entire lives that may go back many generations.

He needs to move to another country where he can feel good about the people living there.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
After all the fanatical support for G. H.&W Bush support and the vicious attacks against those that pointed out their alliance with globalist.  I at least lived long enough to see people wake up to who and what they really are.  Yeah Haah!  Now if only more progress can be made of current wolves in sheeps clothing that can get through to people and not take decades at achieve it.  Hopefully with less hostility too!
 :silly: :silly: :silly: :amen: :silly: :silly:  :yowsa:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions