Author Topic: George W. Bush blames himself for 'populist uprising' on immigration  (Read 415 times)

rangerrebew

George W. Bush blames himself for 'populist uprising' on immigration

By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Saturday, May 1, 2021

Former President George W. Bush appeared to blame himself for the country’s “populist uprising” on illegal immigration after he failed to pass comprehensive reform during his eight years in office.

During an interview with “The Dispatch” podcast, Mr. Bush expanded on comments he made earlier this month that his failure to pass immigration reform was one of his biggest regrets of his presidency.

“Now, the reason I say it’s a regret is because it’s my fault,” the former president said Thursday. “I tried to reform Social Security before reforming immigration. And, you know, I was warned. I’ll never forget, a bunch of Republicans came to see me and said, ‘Hey, we hear you’re putting Social Security reform in your State of the Union.’ It’s 2005. And I said ‘Yeah I am, I campaigned on it.’ I mean, I was quite explicit about that and immigration reform.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/may/1/george-w-bush-blames-himself-for-populist-uprising/

rangerrebew

He thinks far too highly of himself. :amen:

Offline skeeter

Clueless dumbass. The populist uprising on immigration is in part BECAUSE of your immigration plan.

We-don't-want-it.

Offline PeteS in CA

Bush failed to deal with ILLEGAL immigration by failing to enforce existing laws in proportion to the magnitude of the problem. The "Comprehensive Immigration Law Reform" proposals were, thankfully, failures because they all were euphemized amnesty scams that the majority of Americans recognized and vehemently opposed.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

Worst President, ever.

Offline Idiot

George W. Bush blames himself for 'populist uprising' on immigration

By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Saturday, May 1, 2021

Former President George W. Bush appeared to blame himself for the country’s “populist uprising” on illegal immigration after he failed to pass comprehensive reform during his eight years in office.

During an interview with “The Dispatch” podcast, Mr. Bush expanded on comments he made earlier this month that his failure to pass immigration reform was one of his biggest regrets of his presidency.

“Now, the reason I say it’s a regret is because it’s my fault,” the former president said Thursday. “I tried to reform Social Security before reforming immigration. And, you know, I was warned. I’ll never forget, a bunch of Republicans came to see me and said, ‘Hey, we hear you’re putting Social Security reform in your State of the Union.’ It’s 2005. And I said ‘Yeah I am, I campaigned on it.’ I mean, I was quite explicit about that and immigration reform.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/may/1/george-w-bush-blames-himself-for-populist-uprising/
:3:

Offline Absalom

Another Progressive Left schmuck in the mold of Rockefeller
and the essence of GOP leadership, post-Civil War to the present.
Then posters wail, "Who castrated the GOP Leaders???"