Author Topic: California Planning To Release 76,000 Inmates, Including Violent And Repeat Felons, In Push To Reduc  (Read 801 times)

rangerrebew

California Planning To Release 76,000 Inmates, Including Violent And Repeat Felons, In Push To Reduce Prison Population
By  Ashe Schow

May 1, 2021   DailyWire.com

California on Saturday will begin increasing early release credits for about 76,000 inmates, including tens of thousands who were convicted of violent crimes, as the state continues to reduce its prison population.

The Associated Press reported that of the 76,000 who will be eligible for early release, some 63,000 were convicted of violent crimes. They will now be eligible to obtain good behavior credits that will “shorten their sentences by one-third instead of the one-fifth that had been in place since 2017,” the outlet reported. That number includes 20,000 inmates who were sentenced to life sentences with the possibility of parole.

“More than 10,000 inmates convicted of a second serious but nonviolent offense under the state’s ‘three strikes’ law will be eligible for release after serving half their sentences. That’s an increase from the current time-served credit of one-third of their sentence,” the AP added.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/california-planning-to-release-76000-inmates-including-violent-and-repeat-felons-in-push-to-reduce-prison-population?itm_source=parsely-api&utm_source=cnemail&utm_medium=email&utm_content=050121-news&utm_campaign=position1

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Cool! Sounds like a good plan to prove the left is reducing the crime level. Fewer prisoners means fewer crimes were committed,right?

What could possibly go wrong with a genius plan like that?

The truth is NOTHING because the REAL plan is to increase the crime levels to the point where society collapses and justifies the use of suspending the Constitution for the duration of "The National Crime Emergency".

Guess who the only people are who will have the power to rescind the Emergency Declaration.

The left will be in complete control of the nation,and THEY will be the only ones with the authority to end the emergency and return to a Constitutional Government.

How many of YOU think this is something they will EVER be willing to do?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 02:59:21 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Cool! Sounds like a good plan to prove the left is reducing the crime level. Fewer prisoners means fewer crimes were committed,right?

What could possibly go wrong with a genius plan like that?

The truth is NOTHING because the REAL plan is to increase the crime levels to the point where society collapses and justifies the use of suspending the Constitution for the duration of "The National Crime Emergency".

Guess who the only people are who will have the power to rescind the Emergency Declaration.

The left will be in complete control of the nation,and THEY will be the only ones with the authority to end the emergency and return to a Constitutional Government.

How many of YOU think this is something they will EVER be willing to do?
@sneakypete
As far as I know this is still correct, IF you have a clean record and are caught carrying concealed or in your vehicle in the state of California it is a misdemeanor.

Penalties
Without additional factors, carrying a loaded firearm is a misdemeanor that is punishable by up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine. This offense is a felony that is punishable by up to three years in prison if any of the following aggravating factors exist: The defendant has felony or a firearm conviction.

So the more dangerous they make the streets the more likely I am to risk that misdemeanor charge vs ending up dead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete
As far as I know this is still correct, IF you have a clean record and are caught carrying concealed or in your vehicle in the state of California it is a misdemeanor.

Penalties
Without additional factors, carrying a loaded firearm is a misdemeanor that is punishable by up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine. This offense is a felony that is punishable by up to three years in prison if any of the following aggravating factors exist: The defendant has felony or a firearm conviction.

So the more dangerous they make the streets the more likely I am to risk that misdemeanor charge vs ending up dead.

@GtHawk

Yup!

I see you understand the plan.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@GtHawk

Yup!

I see you understand the plan.
@sneakypete
My 'if they take it' gun is a .380 Makarov inexpensive enough not to feel to bad about losing but still potent enough with my Hornaday XTP handloads. I would feel much better with my Hi-Power but I'm not willing to lose it. :nono:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete
My 'if they take it' gun is a .380 Makarov inexpensive enough not to feel to bad about losing but still potent enough with my Hornaday XTP handloads. I would feel much better with my Hi-Power but I'm not willing to lose it. :nono:

@GtHawk

The easy question to ask is "Which do you fear losing most,your life,or your Hi-Power?"

The truth is if you can keep your cool and aim,you can kill an attacker with pretty much anything. I would PREFER to be carrying my 44 Special if "push ever came to shove",but I am confident that  a 22 LR Hollowpoint from my 9 shot 22 revolver into an attackers' eye socket will settle his hash nicely.

If he is within 10 feet of me,there is at least a 90 percent probability of that happening. If I miss,I hit him in the forehead or cheek.

With the first shot.

Truth to tell,not really being a "sporting person",I would prefer to be carrying my 12 gauge,but it's a little awkward to conceal. I only prefer the shotgun because calling in an air strike on them is no longer possible for me. Like I wrote above,I am NOT a "sporting person".