Author Topic: BREAKING: Romney Loudly Booed, Heckled at Utah GOP Convention  (Read 971 times)

Offline mountaineer

BREAKING: Romney Loudly Booed, Heckled at Utah GOP Convention
Todd Starnes
May 1, 2021
Anti-Trump Sen. Mitt Romney was loudly booed and heckled by hundreds of conservatives when he rose to speak at the Utah Republican Party Convention on Saturday.

The controversial lawmaker could barely be heard over the booing and jeering, according to a video posted on Twitter.

“You can boo all you like,” said Romney. “I’ve been a Republican all of my life. My dad was the governor of Michigan and I was the Republican nominee for president in 2012.”  ...

The Salt Lake City Tribune said that some in the crowd yelled “traitor” and “communist.”

Derek Brown, Chairman of the Utah GOP interrupted Romney’s speech to tell the crowd to show respect. ...
Todd Starnes

Finally, a true feel good story.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Re: BREAKING: Romney Loudly Booed, Heckled at Utah GOP Convention
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 09:09:39 pm »
Mitt Romney booed at raucous Utah GOP convention as speakers attack the Biden agenda
With 2,145 of registered delegates in attendance at in-person convention — and masks in short supply — state’s Republican leaders urge party unity after a divisive year.
By Bryan Schott  and  Tony Semerad
May 1, 2021, 3:15 p.m. Updated: 4:15 p.m.
Sen. Mitt Romney was lustily booed by the more than 2,100 Republican delegates who packed into the Maverik Center on Saturday for the party’s state convention.

“Aren’t you embarrassed?” said Romney trying to deflect the chorus of catcalls that greeted him as he took the stage.   ...

Romney wasn’t the only recipient of boos from the crowd. Gov. Spencer Cox also caught a measure of disapproval.

“I know some of you hate me for some of the decisions I had to make,” said Cox as he took the stage to a smattering of boos from delegates upset with COVID-19 restrictions. “But I want to point out that some of you haven’t been paying attention.”

Cox touted the state’s rapidly improving economy following the COVID-related downturn, noting Utah was one of two states to see net job growth during the pandemic. He also said the state did not go as far as some other states with virus-related restrictions. ...
Salt Lake City Tribune

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 09:16:27 pm »
BREAKING: Romney Loudly Booed, Heckled at Utah GOP Convention
Todd Starnes
May 1, 2021Todd Starnes

Finally, a true feel good story.

He is a DEMON-RAT.  Does not matter what he 'thinks' he is, his actions, indict him.  Such an azzhole. As bishop he should know better too.  ARTICLE 12 in their QUAD...says to support all leaders, whoever is in charge of the country.  HE DID NOT DO THAT.  Also an unspoken 'rule' is not to badmouth anyone, as we all have faults!  HE FAILED ON BOTH...yet was a bishop?  He DOES NOT QUALIFY. That is why so many mormons are unhappy with him. What respect is to be shown for treason?  GOOD FOR THEM.  That should BE a clue for him, but he does NOT GET IT. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 09:36:17 pm »
I thought Romney's term was up in 2022 ... but he doesn't run again until 2024.

Interesting times, indeed. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 09:59:26 pm »
“Derek Brown, Chairman of the Utah GOP interrupted Romney’s speech to tell the crowd to show respect. ...”

You first, GOPe hack.

Y’all have been disrespecting your base for decades.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2021, 12:19:20 am »
Maybe the azzhat will finally get the message!!!   

Romney booed while on stage at Utah GOP convention

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/romney-booed-while-on-stage-at-utah-gop-convention
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2021, 12:34:35 am »
A traitor is always more scorned than the enemy you are fighting.

Because those you are fighting are in front of you so you can duck and shoot back easily.

Traitors are behind you and stab you in the back when you thought they were standing with you to defeat the enemy.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2021, 01:39:53 pm »
'Boo all you like!': Romney hits back at 2,000-strong crowd at Utah's GOP convention as they shout 'traitor' and jeer at him for voting to impeach Trump: Narrowly avoids censure from delegates
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9533985/Senator-Mitt-Romney-BOOED-delegates-Utah-GOP-convention-voting-impeach-Trump.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2021, 01:54:23 pm »
Julie Kelly
@julie_kelly2
Mitt Romney should be booed everywhere he goes—not just for his anti-Trumpism but for empowering Biden’s radical agenda. He voted to confirm all but 3 Biden picks including Lisa Monaco, Avril Haines, and Samantha Power. He’s a tool, not a foe, of the Left
9:47 AM · May 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/julie_kelly2/status/1388852529052721153

John Cardillo
@johncardillo
Most telling part of the @MittRomney booing video is that he thinks the crowd, not he, is the embarrassment.
The DC class hates you, it looks down on you, and it thinks you should accept whatever trash it dishes out to you.
8:10 AM · May 2, 2021·

https://twitter.com/johncardillo/status/1388828176290308098
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 01:57:19 pm by mountaineer »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2021, 02:06:47 pm »

AVENGE SEAMUS!

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2021, 03:04:08 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

'Boo all you like!' Romney hits back at 2,000-strong crowd at Utah's GOP convention as they shout 'traitor' and jeer at him for voting to impeach Trump: Narrowly avoids censure from delegates

Senator Mitt Romney BOOED by delegates at Utah GOP convention
Senator Mitt Romney was booed on Saturday as he made a speech at the Utah Republican Party's organizing convention. The 2,000-strong crowd jeered the frequent critic of former President Trump.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9533985/Senator-Mitt-Romney-BOOED-delegates-Utah-GOP-convention-voting-impeach-Trump.html

8:33 AM · May 2, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1388834050979373057

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2021, 03:05:33 pm »
And he is very much deserving of what he is receiving!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2021, 03:48:20 pm »
Utah as a strange way of choosing their candidates.  If a candidate gets a majority vote at the Party Convention, they suspend the Primary and that person moves straight to the General Election ballot.  Mittens is in big, big trouble if that's the crowd that's booing him.  He may lose outright at the 2024 Convention.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2021, 03:48:59 pm »
Dan Scavino
@DanScavino

A loser showed up at the @UtahGOP Convention today—well deserved!

Video:  

https://twitter.com/DanScavino/status/1388620860899135491

6:26 PM · May 1, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2021, 04:43:33 pm »
Lindsey Graham got booed in an airport and loudly denounced as traitor, now its Romney's turn.  These over confident deep Stater NeverTrumpers are getting a cold dose or reality when they get out of D.C.   Show respect to a candidate that turned hisw back on America,it;s people, and even his own ways/beliefs?  The man even betrayed his own beliefs, and show him respect?  He doesn't even respect any of the aforementioned, even his own personal beliefs.  He's a shame to all except his D.C. buddies he shamelessly is in bed with.  The worse Biden rules the more NeverTrumpers are becoming despised.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2021, 04:51:09 pm »
Mitt is a carpet-bagger.

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2021, 04:56:35 pm »
Catturd ™
@catturd2

I think I'm going to make Mitt Romney getting booed my ringtone.

8:20 AM · May 2, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1388830843045654534

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2021, 05:36:56 pm »
“Derek Brown, Chairman of the Utah GOP interrupted Romney’s speech to tell the crowd to show respect. ...”

You first, GOPe hack.

Y’all have been disrespecting your base for decades.

Respect should be earned. By voting for an unconstitutional shampeachment and support its false accusation Romney earned profound DISrespect.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2021, 10:03:31 pm »
Somebody shoulda stoked that crowd beforehand with tomatoes and old shoes...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2021, 10:04:25 pm »
Somebody shoulda stoked that crowd beforehand with tomatoes and old shoes...

:rolling: :rolling:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2021, 10:04:59 pm »
Romney the Rat is hopefully serving his LAST elected office.  But he has other ideas I am sure.  I am convinced one of his prime motivations for voting against Trump was to get him out of the picture, so that he, Romney, can run in 2024.  His ego is every bit that big.  And some booing will not deter his ego from running either.

Utah needs to put up another candidate against Romney the Rat should he run again for senator.  And if he runs for POTUS, he will be lucky to get 5%.

Frankly, I would love to see Trump run again, against Romney, and have Trump bury him good!!!  Delusional f*&^!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2021, 10:10:06 pm »
Lindsey Graham got booed in an airport and loudly denounced as traitor, now its Romney's turn.  These over confident deep Stater NeverTrumpers are getting a cold dose or reality when they get out of D.C.   Show respect to a candidate that turned hisw back on America,it;s people, and even his own ways/beliefs?  The man even betrayed his own beliefs, and show him respect?  He doesn't even respect any of the aforementioned, even his own personal beliefs.  He's a shame to all except his D.C. buddies he shamelessly is in bed with.  The worse Biden rules the more NeverTrumpers are becoming despised.

Correct.  He is for NWO. THEN LOOK AT THE BELOW, FROM biden regime! Romney supports communism. What a tool.
-------------------------------------------------------------

The illegally installed Biden regime is beginning its purge of all ‘America First’ patriots, labeling them “domestic extremists.’

Sundance at Conservative Treehouse explained:

The internal investigation by JoeBama’s Department of Homeland Security (DHS) serves two purposes.  [Memo Link Here]  First, it will identify anyone with nationalist outlooks and/or ‘America First’ ideology; in essence it will identify JoeBama’s political enemies (those that didn’t vote for Biden).

https://conservativedailypost.com/biden-regime-takes-aim-at-internal-investigation-of-america-first-employees/

Offline libertybele

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2021, 10:11:40 pm »
Another clueless GOPe idiot!

Collins says she was 'appalled' Utah Republicans booed Romney and GOP not led by 'just one person'

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/02/politics/susan-collins-romney-republican-party-cnntv/index.html

Offline skeeter

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2021, 10:12:27 pm »
Respect should be earned. By voting for an unconstitutional shampeachment and support its false accusation Romney earned profound DISrespect.
Fair point.

The GOPe has been demanding respect from the base for eons and has been responding with their contempt. Something tells me those days are over.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 10:13:52 pm by skeeter »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2021, 10:18:56 pm »
Another clueless GOPe idiot!

Collins says she was 'appalled' Utah Republicans booed Romney and GOP not led by 'just one person'

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/02/politics/susan-collins-romney-republican-party-cnntv/index.html

Here is the list of the DIRTY DOZEN.  ALWAYS AGAINST AMERICA!  The same group,always,  RINO'S..trouble makers for We the People.
--------------------------------------------
About 2019?  My old post saved.

I agree, and with RINO'S like these with demon-rats...how can our country survive?  Then Lindsey Graham, who said if Trump fires SESSIONS..his presidency will be over..and no one will support his agenda. I think people need to look at CONGRESS..not president TRUMP.
----------------------
The 12 Senate Republicans who voted AGAINST president TRUMPS..National Emergency

Roger Wicker of Mississippi,
Marco Rubio of Florida,
 Rob Portman of Ohio,
 ****************************************Susan Collins of Maine,
 Lisa Murkowski of Alaska,
Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania,
 Roy Blunt of Missouri,
 Lamar Alexander of Tennessee,

************************************ Mitt Romney of Utah,

Rand Paul of Kentucky,
Jerry Moran of Kansas
and Mike Lee of Utah.