Author Topic: GOP frustration with Liz Cheney 'at a boiling point'  (Read 1139 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP frustration with Liz Cheney 'at a boiling point'
« on: May 01, 2021, 05:19:15 pm »
By Scott Wong - 05/01/21 01:00 PM EDT

Liz Cheney said that Kevin McCarthy and Mitch McConnell — not Donald Trump — are the leaders of the Republican party. At a GOP gathering focused on policy, she said she’s not ruling out a future bid for the White House.   

And on national television, the Wyoming Republican walked a few paces to give a fist bump to the new Democratic president, Joe Biden, before his first address to Congress.

It was a big, headline-grabbing week for Cheney, the House GOP Conference chair and highest-ranking Republican woman in Congress, who in a few short months has made herself the face of the anti-Trump wing of the Republican Party.

And it’s put an even bigger target on her back as the former president seeks retribution and vows to back a primary challenge to her next year while he fights to maintain an iron grip on the party.

Some pro-Trump Republicans say 2022 is too long to wait to oust Cheney, who demonstrated this week she will not be silenced. 

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/551261-gop-frustration-with-liz-cheney-at-a-boiling-point
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Re: GOP frustration with Liz Cheney 'at a boiling point'
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 06:05:47 pm »
The Pub establishment is speaking loud and clear by not removing Cheney from her leadership position.

America First Pubs have to remember in 2022 what happens when you elect rino's.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 07:12:19 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 08:25:00 pm »
Report: House Republican Leaders Mull Liz Cheney Ouster
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/01/house-republican-leaders-mull-liz-cheney-ouster/

Talk is cheap, action is truth.

I think Cheney speaks for the corp. donor class. As long as they call the shots America First doesn't stand a chance.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 08:44:09 pm »
GOP Congressman Predicts Liz Cheney Will Be Gone by End of Month
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/01/gop-congressman-predicts-liz-cheney-will-be-gone-by-end-of-month/

I am predicting she switches Parties
Support the USO

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 08:54:40 pm »
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/01/gop-congressman-predicts-liz-cheney-will-be-gone-by-end-of-month/

We'll see.   :pop41:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2021, 08:59:04 pm »
Report: House Republican Leaders Mull Liz Cheney Ouster
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/01/house-republican-leaders-mull-liz-cheney-ouster/

Stop mulling and just get it done, idiots.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2021, 09:00:59 pm »
The Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

Kevin McCarthy is going to continue to drive the GOP into irrelevancy if he continues to seek counsel from these people.

Remove Liz Cheney from leadership & stop listening to Frank Luntz.

12:43 AM · May 1, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1388353357098536962

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2021, 10:34:33 pm »
Support the USO

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2021, 10:36:58 pm »
Liz Cheney Does Liz Cheney Things Again, and Her Colleagues Are Just About Done
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/05/01/liz-cheney-does-liz-cheney-things-again-and-her-colleagues-are-just-about-done-n372416

It all boils down to whether or not she's able to get the votes, and IMHO whether or not she still serves a purpose for the DEMS.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2021, 10:39:44 pm »
The Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

Kevin McCarthy is going to continue to drive the GOP into irrelevancy if he continues to seek counsel from these people.

Remove Liz Cheney from leadership & stop listening to Frank Luntz.

12:43 AM · May 1, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1388353357098536962

:thumbsup:

BassWrangler

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2021, 10:58:59 pm »

I think you're right. That Biden fist-bump was a giveaway. Thank heavens she's not in the Senate.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2021, 11:45:27 pm »
We'll see.   :pop41:

GOPe is just hoping this anger at them is temporary and will go away with time.  They are just trying to run out the clock.

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2021, 12:05:12 am »

GOPe is just hoping this anger at them is temporary and will go away with time.  They are just trying to run out the clock.

The GOPe's clock ran out a long time ago. The Senate is hanging on by a mere thread. There is no way that the DEMS are going to allow Cruz or Paul to retain their seats.

It's going to take a miracle to restore ballot integrity and an even bigger miracle to restore our Republic.

BassWrangler

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2021, 12:05:40 am »

I think McCarthy is scared he will lose his coalition if he dumps her. He clearly doesn't like her.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2021, 12:37:28 am »
My son lives in Wyoming and reports she is toast for re-election there.

The problem is she is doing a lot of damage until 2023.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2021, 12:42:17 am »

I'll take a Manchin for a Cheney any day.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

BassWrangler

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2021, 02:47:35 am »
My son lives in Wyoming and reports she is toast for re-election there.

The problem is she is doing a lot of damage until 2023.

That's the danger with people like that. She knows she's out, so she has no motivation not to adopt a scorched earth policy, do a ton of damage, and then switch to Dem.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2021, 06:06:05 pm »
By Scott Wong - 05/01/21 01:00 PM EDT

Liz Cheney said that Kevin McCarthy and Mitch McConnell — not Donald Trump — are the leaders of the Republican party. At a GOP gathering focused on policy, she said she’s not ruling out a future bid for the White House. 

Interesting.

Did McCarthy, McConnell or Cheney ever win two back-to-back presidential elections, like Donald Trump has?

Some pro-Trump Republicans say 2022 is too long to wait to oust Cheney, who demonstrated this week she will not be silenced. 

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/551261-gop-frustration-with-liz-cheney-at-a-boiling-point

?

??

So, I do hope their keep their Pelican Briefing plans out of the public eye.   Don't matter if 2022 is "too long to wait", wait we must, unless they can coax her onto the back of a rambunctious Wyoming bronco.  We had to wait for an election to get rid of the Flaces of dandruff, didn't we?   And then the Rodents stole that election.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2021, 06:10:35 pm »
That's the danger with people like that. She knows she's out, so she has no motivation not to adopt a scorched earth policy, do a ton of damage, and then switch to Dem.

Her switching to Rodent doesn't matter, the Rodents have already stolen the House Majority in 2018 and will certainly re-engage the most massive vote fraud operation in history to keep the stolen property in their hands in 2022.

She's not in the position of a Jumping Jim Jeffords, scum bucket from Rhode Island who had the opportunity to wreak havoc on the GOP Senate in 2001 because the Idiot Named Bush refused to challenge the stolen Senate seat won by a corpse in Missouri.   

Nope, the Cheney broad is just some common variety Never Trumpin' Traitorette who is taking the microphone for all it's worth.   Won't surprise me if she plays some kind of Juicy Smollet gag before the elections.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2021, 06:31:40 pm »

...leaving the GOP field a wide-open seat, any of whom will easily defeat the Dem in WY.  This will be a fun replay of Arlen Specter's party-switching swan song.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2021, 06:34:28 pm »
Talk is cheap, action is truth.

I think Cheney speaks for the corp. donor class. As long as they call the shots America First doesn't stand a chance.

They need to put their money where their mouths are.  Money talks, bullshit walks.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

BassWrangler

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2021, 08:51:25 pm »
Her switching to Rodent doesn't matter, the Rodents have already stolen the House Majority in 2018 and will certainly re-engage the most massive vote fraud operation in history to keep the stolen property in their hands in 2022.

She's not in the position of a Jumping Jim Jeffords, scum bucket from Rhode Island who had the opportunity to wreak havoc on the GOP Senate in 2001 because the Idiot Named Bush refused to challenge the stolen Senate seat won by a corpse in Missouri.   

Nope, the Cheney broad is just some common variety Never Trumpin' Traitorette who is taking the microphone for all it's worth.   Won't surprise me if she plays some kind of Juicy Smollet gag before the elections.

Her damage will be in the more traditional form: Appearing on news shows or in interviews for publications, all of which are happy to host Republicans that want to bash the party or bash conservatives. Look at that witch, Cindy McCain, for example - I saw an article in The Hill where she's calling the Arizona audit a farce.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2021, 09:53:56 pm »
Sled dog growled:
"She's not in the position of a Jumping Jim Jeffords, scum bucket from Rhode Island"

Ummm... Jeffords was from Vermont, as I recall.

What was the vote (R v DCP) for Cheney last time around?

Whether she stays or goes will ultimately be up to the Wyoming voters.
What if she wins the primary there?

My guess is enough of them will vote for her to get her re-elected.

I live a long way from Wyoming.
But if I lived there, I wouldn't vote for her again. Even if that means losing the seat.

But again, there are many, many, many "rote-vote" Republicans who will...

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2021, 06:21:19 am »

Good post sled dog.  You know RINO'S AND DEMS...VERY WELL.  ALL CORRUPT.  NASTY PEOPLE.