Author Topic: Former Sen. Harry Reid thinks Lockheed Martin may have UFO fragments  (Read 2777 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Former Sen. Harry Reid thinks Lockheed Martin may have UFO fragments

By Tamar Lapin

April 30, 2021 | 6:36pm | Updated

Former Nevada Sen. Harry Reid believes US defense contractor Lockheed Martin may have once had fragments of a crashed UFO in its possession, it was revealed Friday.

Reid, 81, told The New Yorker that he had never actually seen proof of the remnants — but tried, unsuccessfully, to get approval from the Pentagon to find them.

“I was told for decades that Lockheed had some of these retrieved materials,” the Democrat told the magazine.

“And I tried to get, as I recall, a classified approval by the Pentagon to have me go look at the stuff. They would not approve that,” Reid continued. “I don’t know what all the numbers were, what kind of classification it was, but they would not give that to me.”

His comments were part of an in-depth New Yorker story on US government investigations into unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP).

more
https://nypost.com/2021/04/30/former-sen-harry-reid-thinks-lockheed-martin-may-have-ufo-fragments/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
For crying out loud...

This was suggested at least twenty years ago.

On the Science/Discovery channel...  Reverse engineering.  Skunk Works.

Where the hell did this 'Great 50 year leap forward' in technology come from? 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Is that what poked out Dirty Harry's eye?

I'm betting they couldn't approve Dirty Harry's clearance to view the UFO bits because....this is really tricky, folks...because there are no UFO bits to review.

There's nothing surprising about our technology today.  No magical aliens giving us hints.   The practice of the Internet was successfully predicted in a story by Murray Leinster in the 1940's titled "A Logic Named Joe".   Leinster hit most of the major features of interconnected personal computers in that tale.

Is there some reason those who cannot invent feel the need to denigrate and insult those who do, by claiming the inventions were "impossible" and thus some kind of a cheat?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 07:32:36 pm by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Is that what poked out Dirty Harry's eye?

I'm betting they couldn't approve Dirty Harry's clearance to view the UFO bits because....this is really tricky, folks...because there are no UFO bits to review.

There's nothing surprising about our technology today.  No magical aliens giving us hints.   The practice of the Internet was successfully predicted in a story by Murray Leinster in the 1940's titled "A Logic Named Joe".   Leinster hit most of the major features of interconnected personal computers in that tale.

Is there some reason those who cannot invent feel the need to denigrate and insult those who do, by claiming the inventions were "impossible" and thus some kind of a cheat?
Yeah, social media and video conferencing were passe in society in Heinlein's Fahrenheit 451.

We have yet to catch up with 'I Robot'....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

For crying out loud...

This was suggested at least twenty years ago.

On the Science/Discovery channel...  Reverse engineering.  Skunk Works.

Where the hell did this 'Great 50 year leap forward' in technology come from?

And it is getting old-hat... Soft disclosure is proceeding... They have admitted it already.

Offline Smokin Joe

And it is getting old-hat... Soft disclosure is proceeding... They have admitted it already.
Yeah, because God forbid anyone was smart enough to actually invent this stuff.
Can't have that.
Gee whiz, that would sure make the average college grad look, well, really dumb.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

Can't have that.
Gee whiz, that would sure make the average college grad look, well, really dumb.

@Smokin Joe

With all due respect, (of which there is an abundance), you're speaking about applications invented in the past 75 years.

We're talking about from where that knowledge source was acquired.

Nobody bolted up in the middle of the night with the idea of a transistor.

That said...Geez!!  Get with the program.  Area 52 is an underground base where ET's and humans are working together.

:bolt:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

With all due respect, (of which there is an abundance), you're speaking about applications invented in the past 75 years.

That said...Geez!!  Get with the program.  Area 52 is an underground base where ET's and humans are working together.

:bolt:
:silly:

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Can't have that.

I am less enamored of modernity (big surprise, right?)... I see the exponential growth since the late 1800s to be rather Biblical - The great deception. And pardon, but I find the average college grad to be dumber than a box of hammers... You are very much the exception, not the rule.

Offline roamer_1

Actually that is very close to true - You would be astounded to find how many had that knowledge whispered in their ear - As admitted by many. All the way back too.

Where you and I will differ is that I see the entirety of the UFO thing more along the lines of inter-dimensional, and the beings to be demonic. And history attests to that, if any would bother to go look.

None of this stuff is new.

Offline Smokin Joe

Re: Former Sen. Harry Reid thinks Lockheed Martin may have UFO fragments
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2021, 07:06:05 am »
I am less enamored of modernity (big surprise, right?)... I see the exponential growth since the late 1800s to be rather Biblical - The great deception. And pardon, but I find the average college grad to be dumber than a box of hammers... You are very much the exception, not the rule.
Well, I am inclined to agree with you, but it isn't the 'average' college grad who makes the sort of intuitive leaps or even does the drudgery of plodding research that leads to a breakthrough. It is someone who has a passion for what they study, a dream they refuse to give up on, who will get a leg up from good teachers or just a solid reason to question the status quo and who, inspired, goes for it.

That ain't normal, but it gets things done.

Major advancements and quantum leaps aren't ordinarily made by statistically "normal" people.
Normal people don't question the rules they are given in science class, but those heretics who find fault or even just a few things that don't fit the rules rewrite them, and in turn, their rules are rewritten, too.
Most modernity is just the same fish in a different wrapper. New, improved, lemon scented. We forgot how to walk away from all that business, and let our gadgets run us instead of the other way around.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2021, 07:44:26 am »
Actually that is very close to true - You would be astounded to find how many had that knowledge whispered in their ear - As admitted by many. All the way back too.

Where you and I will differ is that I see the entirety of the UFO thing more along the lines of inter-dimensional, and the beings to be demonic. And history attests to that, if any would bother to go look.

None of this stuff is new.

LOL!  I could talk about this crap all night. 

And I think it's all connected...this globalization effort.  This de-whitening of the United States...open borders.

I believe at least one species is from BELOW the Earth's crust or ice at the poles.  And that they've been here long before the Pyramids.

Maybe "those" are the Demons of which you speak.    :laugh:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2021, 08:18:58 pm »
Well, I am inclined to agree with you, but it isn't the 'average' college grad who makes the sort of intuitive leaps or even does the drudgery of plodding research that leads to a breakthrough. It is someone who has a passion for what they study, a dream they refuse to give up on, who will get a leg up from good teachers or just a solid reason to question the status quo and who, inspired, goes for it.

That ain't normal, but it gets things done.

Major advancements and quantum leaps aren't ordinarily made by statistically "normal" people.
Normal people don't question the rules they are given in science class, but those heretics who find fault or even just a few things that don't fit the rules rewrite them, and in turn, their rules are rewritten, too.
Most modernity is just the same fish in a different wrapper. New, improved, lemon scented. We forgot how to walk away from all that business, and let our gadgets run us instead of the other way around.

In fact, the grand leaps tend to happen in a two car garage, and cultured science has little to do with it. I am a big fan of two car garages.  happy77

The politics of science (or religion etc) is a different thing - Even daVinci had to have benefactors. And the minute there is a money man in the game, you can bet which way the science will go. As today, with government grants and 503Cs.

The gadgets bit you said is true - but the important part of that is in the aggregate - Men now live in a different environment than Yah provided, and in that, even their reality is an illusion, easily manipulated.

I have had some accolades delivered by shining faced yoots... For my tutelage and expertise in say, building a fire from scratch - Now, there's a useful science... But what is remarkable in that is not  the accolades, but rather, that I would receive them for something that a mere hundred years ago was an every-day knowledge that everyone owned. That should be a caution.

In the realm of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. (HAHAHA! now if you are an occultist, you will realize the double entendre I just laid down)  happy77

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2021, 08:49:06 pm »
LOL!  I could talk about this crap all night. 

And I think it's all connected...this globalization effort.  This de-whitening of the United States...open borders.

@DCPatriot

It is absolutely connected - And that de-whitening is a world wide assault on the West - They're doing it with Muslim hordes across the pond, to the very same effect. It is purposeful.

I believe at least one species is from BELOW the Earth's crust or ice at the poles.  And that they've been here long before the Pyramids.

Maybe "those" are the Demons of which you speak.    :laugh:

Well, from an historical POV, There is little to doubt in the idea of an underworld... It is a matter of fact if one relies on history, which I do. I do not believe that our forefathers were so stupid as to be plagued by useless superstitions - In fact, I would level that accusation on modern Man instead.

And even in the Protestant Bible, with no reliance otherwise (just the 66 books) the reality of other beings is made very clear - One merely has to step past the King Jimmy translation's known faults and the Roman church's tendency toward allegories since Augustine (ish)... And what the Book says about otherworldly and underworldly beings is really quite plain.

Lay that template upon the surface of a comparative religion and mythology soup, and a surprising economy becomes quite clear.

A good primer on kinda where I am at on all this can be found in Gary Wayne's magnificent tome 'The Genesis 6 Conspiracy' - An eight hundred page, merciless historical trip - fully annotated - into incredible bloodlines that run within and without the history of Man. He too tends to allegorize, which is his fault ... I see what he sees, but I see it as real. Literal.

Tie that with the work of Michael Heiser and to some degree Derek Gilbert (a student of Heiser with a wee difference in angle), And you will be seeing things from something close to my perspective.

It's all there, right in the Bible. And when it bears its fruit, Man will be confounded.
You and I would have a grand old time on the porch over some beers. Except in the argument of the mystic - which it turns out is the true reality. A demand to impose the underworld and its beings upon reality is really quite the other way around.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2021, 09:06:11 pm »

And still since Roswell (July 1947), there is zero evidence.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2021, 09:08:14 pm »

In fact, not true. There are thousands upon thousands of accounts - Y'all have just been trained to ignore them. Like I said, even governments are admitting it. To include our own.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2021, 10:44:37 pm »
In fact, not true. There are thousands upon thousands of accounts - Y'all have just been trained to ignore them. Like I said, even governments are admitting it. To include our own.

Accounts at night in the middle of a forest?  These aliens sure are coy....   I repeat....  I have not seen one example of concrete proof, and these guys have had 75 years to prove it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2021, 10:59:25 pm »

The Germans said they had 'help' with the tech  they had--the nazi's that is.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2021, 11:04:10 pm »
Accounts at night in the middle of a forest?  These aliens sure are coy....   I repeat....  I have not seen one example of concrete proof, and these guys have had 75 years to prove it.

What about a mile-wide craft at low altitude above Phoenix AZ... With footage and a thousand witnesses? Of course, that is not counted as 'concrete' proof... Because the false dictum prevails, that the only empirical evidence is indisputable physical evidence... That simply is not true. When you have corroborating evidence going back a thousand years or more, before the current question was even devised, before anyone had an axe to grind or a pocket to fill... I will give that history wide acceptance.

Likewise with Sasquatch. I have never indisputably seen one. but neither have I denied their existence. They are broadly mentioned in history across the world, and particularly in my region.

But I have had suspected encounters...
And then I put my hand in a Sasquatch track. Now, do I deny my own lying eyes until I see one dead on an autopsy table? That is a ridiculous standard. Personally, I KNOW what made those tracks. Those tracks alone are empirical.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2021, 07:54:29 pm »
Yeah, social media and video conferencing were passe in society in Heinlein's Fahrenheit 451.

We have yet to catch up with 'I Robot'....

I never read Heinlein's Fahrenheit 451.   I read something with that title by Ray Bradbury.   I'm sure Heinlein had some totally new ideas to express in his work.   I do recall that Heinlein presented video conferencing as something hugely difficult to the imagined state-of-the-art computers in the year 2076, though, as expressed by the self-aware computer Mike in his "The Chessmen of Mars".

In Bradbury's F451, the use of full-wall telescreens to have group chats was common place and the wife's demands for a fourth screen to complete the room was sore contention point with the Fireman.

When you're discussing "I Robot", are you introducing the collection of short stories by Asimov in which the robots acted logically, or the farce under the same name starring noted racist Will Smith in which the robots were hate-filled and emotional?    We can't discuss how the story your reference applies to the noted absence of real UFOs until you tell us to which story you are referring.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2021, 08:35:10 pm »

the US government confesses that "whiteness" is a problem, too.

So much for arguments based on authority.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2021, 08:39:25 pm »
@roamer_1
@Cyber Liberty

Friends, I will PM you today what I know that I do not know.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2021, 08:57:41 pm »
With as much space debris as we've shot up out of the atmosphere, of course there is going to be quite a bit that falls back to earth and ends up "unidentified." Remember, UFO does not equal alien.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2021, 09:08:23 pm »
If I were intelligent life from some exoplanet, peering into the wilderness of space and coming upon an unknown planet we would recognize as Earth, what would be the first thing that catches my eye about it?

One of two things, the other being the second. The oceans, and the city lights. An experienced space explorer might be able to find many planets with liquid water, with or without life, but the city lights—those would be proof of something unnatural and intelligent.

A place like Roswell, New Mexico is in a sparsely populated, mostly barren land mass. It is precisely the kind of terrain found on Mars, or Mercury, or the Moon, or Pluto, or countless exoplanets and natural satellites in the Milky Way. Any intelligent alien would see it and have no particular interest in it.

Roswell was a nuclear testing experiment, being conducted when nuclear testing was both commonplace in the Desert Southwest and under shroud of secrecy because they didn't want the Soviets knowing. All this alien talk is fanciful imagination—if there were aliens here, you'd know it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2021, 09:11:25 pm »
Harry Reid has UFO fragments in his brain.  :whistle:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.