Author Topic: Prosecutors seek higher sentence for Chauvin in Floyd death  (Read 309 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Prosecutors seek higher sentence for Chauvin in Floyd death
By AMY FORLITI, Associated Press 14 hrs ago

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Prosecutors are asking a judge to give Derek Chauvin a more severe penalty than state guidelines call for when he is sentenced in June for George Floyd's death, arguing in court documents filed Friday that Floyd was particularly vulnerable and that Chauvin abused his authority as a police officer.

Defense attorney Eric Nelson is opposing a tougher sentence, saying the state has failed to prove that those aggravating factors, among others, existed when Chauvin arrested Floyd on May 25.

more
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/prosecutors-seek-higher-sentence-for-chauvin-in-floyd-death/ar-BB1geN1G?ocid=msedgntp
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Prosecutors seek higher sentence for Chauvin in Floyd death
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 02:02:34 pm »
The totalitarian left is checking off all the right boxes. Now we have show trials.

BassWrangler

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 02:05:11 pm »
The totalitarian left is checking off all the right boxes. Now we have show trials.

Yep, everything but the firing squads.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 02:12:02 pm »
Yep, everything but the firing squads.

Up to now anyway.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien