Author Topic: Again at home in Delaware, Biden's weekends are mostly a mystery  (Read 491 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Again at home in Delaware, Biden's weekends are mostly a mystery
by Naomi Lim, Political Reporter |
 | May 01, 2021 06:30 AM

President Joe Biden is again spending the weekend in Delaware, but just how he spends his days of leisure are shrouded in mystery.

The White House has so far released very little information about what he does on Saturdays and Sundays, providing the public with scant details about whom he spends time or speaks to.

When he arrived at his Wilmington residence Friday afternoon, it marked his seventh trip home as president as the country returns to some semblance of normal amid the coronavirus pandemic and a day after he cleared his 100th in office.

Presidents never experience "a true weekend or true vacation," according to Eric Schultz, a White House principal deputy press secretary for former President Barack Obama.

"The office and the responsibilities follow you wherever you go," Schultz told the Washington Examiner. "Given the nature of the job, there’s no clean break from the work when President Biden is in White House residence or even back home in Delaware."

But the descriptions the White House provides regarding Biden's weekend schedule are becoming increasingly vague.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/again-at-home-in-delaware-bidens-weekends-are-mostly-a-mystery
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Again at home in Delaware, Biden's weekends are mostly a mystery
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 01:06:42 pm »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 04:33:34 pm »

So sad but true .... and a little bit funny.    :silly:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 04:49:10 pm »
FTA:

Biden uses his weekends to "take a moment, to take a breath" since he has a "limited amount of free time" as the "leader of the free world," Psaki told reporters.

Wednesday  |  Apr 21, 2021

9:50 AM

Official Schedule
The President receives the President’s Daily Brief
Oval Office;  Closed Press

12:00 PM

Pool Call Time
In-Town Pool Call Time
The White House;  In-Town Pool

12:15 PM

Press Briefing
Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jen Psaki
Full Text and Analysis
James S. Brady Press Briefing Room

1:15 PM

Official Schedule
The President delivers remarks on the COVID-19 response and the state of vaccinations
Full Text and Analysis
South Court Auditorium;  In-House Pool Coverage

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 04:51:50 pm »
President Joe Biden is again spending the weekend in Delaware, but just how he spends his days of leisure are shrouded in mystery.

While I wish he were fit enough to play a round of golf, how Biden spends his weekends is none of my business (unless they are spent in a coma, of course).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 04:56:09 pm »
FTA 

In defense of Biden's weekends, Schultz was adamant it was important for the 78-year-old to "recharge."

"None of us want the president running on empty — so the trick for every president is to find ways to clear their minds, release some tension, and stay well," he said.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2021, 04:57:09 pm »
Recharge? I guess that's one way to describe being pumped full of drugs.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2021, 04:57:37 pm »
While I wish he were fit enough to play a round of golf, how Biden spends his weekends is none of my business (unless they are spent in a coma, of course).

It's unheard of for the POTUS to have a two and a half days lid every week.   This makes it my business   wink777

« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 04:59:15 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2021, 04:58:24 pm »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2021, 05:00:03 pm »
It's unheard of for the POTUS to have a two and a half days lid every week.   This makes it my business   
It's our business that the POTUS is physically and mentally incapable of doing the job, and that those actually running the country are unknown to us (though we all have our suspicions).

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2021, 05:28:41 pm »
I quite imagine POTUS doing the same thing my housecats do every weekend. Sleeping, eating, pooping, sleeping.
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2021, 05:35:13 pm »
I quite imagine POTUS doing the same thing my housecats do every weekend. Sleeping, eating, pooping, sleeping.
Your cats or a six-month-old baby. That's our president!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2021, 08:15:30 pm »
Howie Carr: Don’t worry, Biden’s mumbles have continued
By Howie Carr | Boston Herald
PUBLISHED: May 1, 2021 at 3:57 p.m. | UPDATED: May 1, 2021 at 3:58 p.m.
It’s time for another edition of Weekend at Biden’s, with all dialogue guaranteed verbatim.

Dementia Joe has been enduring what is for him an arduous schedule, including a prime-time speech to Congress that few watched, in addition to brief visits to Georgia and a train station in Philadelphia.

There was drama galore — on Thursday in Georgia he misplaced his mask. First he desperately hunted for it on the podium, then leafed through his briefing book. His worried wife Jill checked the floor as he mumbled, “Looking for my mask. I’m in trouble.” ...

On Friday, he visited an Amtrak station in Philadelphia, where he waxed nostalgic:

“When we were when I was vice president with Barack he allowed me to put together a budget for Amtrak and it had money for high-speed rail at 200 miles an hour from from uh uh Char excuse me Charlotte one and another line going from in Florida down to Tampa and another line if we had moved Gov we’d have that tunnel fixed in New York now. The money was there to get it done.”

You don’t say, Mr. President. But what about your personal experience on commuter rail from Union Station in DC to Wilmington, Del.?

“I literally literally every single day that I was in the United States Senate got the the the either the 7:28 it became the 7:32 and or got home on if I got lucky I got the I got the Metro that the last one left at 6 or the 7:30 coming home.” ...

Serious stuff, but Joe Biden always takes time out to try to bring a smile to the faces of the little people. For instance, at some Zoom conference he suddenly began addressing someone in the Navajo Nation, where his wife had been visiting, he said, for much too long.

“Let my wife come home. She likes the Navajo Nation too much. She keeps being out there. She’s been out there for two days. She was out there before. I don’t know. You know what I mean? I called her I said where are you? She said oh I’m staying another day. So you know let her come home OK? I don’t want her you know that’s too far for me to commute.” ...
Yes, he definitely needs another 3- or 4-day weekend.

BassWrangler

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2021, 08:23:56 pm »

We'd be better off if your cats were running the administration.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2021, 10:20:45 pm »
Put "a lid" on him: