Author Topic: Tucker Carlson: Why Republicans no longer recognize their own party  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Tucker Carlson: Why Republicans no longer recognize their own party
Frank Luntz has no business advising the GOP, yet he still does
Fox News, Apr 30, 2021, Tucker Carlson

For quite some time now we’ve wondered what’s going on with congressional Republicans. There are a lot of nice people in the Republican Party, but the point of a political party is not to be nice, it is to represent the interests of its voters. That’s the only reason political parties exist. There is no other reason to have them except to represent their voters.

Yet year after year, on issue after issue, the leadership of the Republican Party fails to do that. We’re not guessing about this. We know what Republican voters care about. They tell pollsters all the time. Since they kept getting ignored, in 2016 they elected Donald Trump, just to make it incredibly clear what they cared about. If that wasn’t a wake-up call, nothing would be.

However, it remains true that the priorities of the people who run the Republican Party are very different — in some cases, completely different — from the priorities of the people who vote Republican. Why is that? Well, there are lots of reasons, probably, but Frank Luntz is definitely one of them.

Luntz — Dr. Frank I. Luntz, as he’s often called, at his request — is the Republican Party’s longest-serving message man. For decades, Frank Luntz has told elected Republicans what to say and exactly how to say it. Luntz massages language for politicians. Just this week, the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) invited Luntz to Florida for its so-called "policy summit," where he was asked to weigh in on the "hot topics." Luntz’s job was to tell Republicans how to think about the most important issues of the day. We didn’t hear the presentation, but there’s no doubt it was compelling.

Frank Luntz is a smooth salesman. He’s been around for a while. The problem is that Frank Luntz’s views are very different from those of your average Republican voter. Frank Luntz is a conventional liberal. His main clients are left-wing corporations like Google. When Frank Luntz gives advice to congressional Republicans, he’s got Google’s perspective in mind. That’s a huge problem.

We wanted to talk to Luntz about all of this, not to attack him personally, but becaise it’s interesting and it’s important. We texted him an invitation, but he didn’t respond. That’s odd,  since we’ve known him well for a long time. 

In 2019, for example, he tweeted this greeting, which tells you a lot about him: "This Thanksgiving, let's give thanks to the men and women of the FBI, CIA, and the intel services." Even on Thanksgiving, Frank Luntz took time to bow before the powerful.

So why does Frank Luntz remain a fixture in Republican politics at a time when the companies he works for are explicitly opposed to the Republican Party? Well, in part because he is particularly close to House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy R-Calif., and has been since McCarthy entered politics.

More w/video:  https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-frank-luntz-republicans-kevin-mccarthy

This  pointing-up   is the full transcript of Tucker's opening last evening. 

A stunning eye opener.

The Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

Tucker Carlson & @emeriticus Discussing The Future Of The GOP

Pedro: "I think that Republican voters need to stop viewing the party as an ally & start viewing it as an instrument. Something to be whipped into shape & not relied upon. Because there is no plan but what we make."

Video 3:

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1388309763830665217

9:50 PM · Apr 30, 2021·Twitter Media Studio

Don't miss this ....  :smokin:

Offline mikezpen

The only thing the Republican Party can accomplish is cut taxes.

Offline bilo

The Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

Pedro: "I think that Republican voters need to stop viewing the party as an ally & start viewing it as an instrument. Something to be whipped into shape & not relied upon. Because there is no plan but what we make."

Video 3:

Stop electing Rino's  because they are the lesser of two evils. Vote America First or not at all.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Don't miss this ....  :smokin:

@Right_in_Virginia

A "must watch" on this came across my FB newsfeed...while Tucker was STILL on the air.

In fact, if I'm not mistaken, it was so 'shocking', I guess, that they replayed in as their closing segment at 8:55pm.   

That's when I caught it.

And the current GOP have invited him to critique/suggest any upcoming strategies to beat his major clients.   :thud:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Marjorie Taylor Greene
@mtgreenee

Just for the record.

I’ve never hired Frank Luntz.

Nor do I participate in any of his sessions.

Nothing against the guy, I just don’t think moderate Democrats should be advising the GOP.

I know what real people care about because I talk to them everyday.

#AmericaFirst

9:20 AM · May 1, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1388483498470686723

Jordan Schachtel
@JordanSchachtel

Right wingers in America should totally disregard the clown show in D.C. and focus on what you can do locally to fix your community

Your national party is led by people who hate you. Liz Cheney, McCarthy, Mitch, etc. A joke of a "leadership" roster. Don't give these ppl a penny.

10:45 AM · May 1, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/JordanSchachtel/status/1388504866855833603

Re: Tucker Carlson: Why Republicans no longer recognize their own party
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2021, 08:51:28 pm »
Jordan Schachtel
@JordanSchachtel

A neocon, an idiot, and a guy who is tied in with the chicom regime. We can do better. We must do better.

10:47 AM · May 1, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/JordanSchachtel/status/1388505443127943176

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2021, 09:32:58 pm »
Jordan Schachtel
@JordanSchachtel

Right wingers in America should totally disregard the clown show in D.C. and focus on what you can do locally to fix your community

Your national party is led by people who hate you. Liz Cheney, McCarthy, Mitch, etc. A joke of a "leadership" roster. Don't give these ppl a penny.

10:45 AM · May 1, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/JordanSchachtel/status/1388504866855833603
Finally the rank & file are starting to notice.

Offline bilo

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2021, 09:36:42 pm »
Finally the rank & file are starting to notice.

When Jim Jordan is the Speaker of the House I'll know the Pub party really believes in America First.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2021, 09:46:35 pm »
When Jim Jordan is the Speaker of the House I'll know the Pub party really believes in America First.

Kavanaugh - Barrett - Roberts

Why even trust Jordan?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline bilo

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2021, 09:54:24 pm »
Kavanaugh - Barrett - Roberts

Why even trust Jordan?

I never saw him waver in his defense of what's right. He always stood by Trump as well.

I get what you're saying about the SCOTUS. To say they've been a disappointment is an understatement.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2021, 10:03:50 pm »
Where is our fighting spirit?  This toddler is about 3 years old.  He says, " you are not allowed to bully my grandmother".  Then with the pole, he throws at them, says,  "now fight me!"  I was looking for my Tucker video. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvkM3VNANWE&t=50s
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 10:06:51 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

Offline mikezpen

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2021, 05:47:16 pm »
He's obviously afflicted with toxic masculinity.

Offline DB

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2021, 06:01:07 pm »
The Republican party has been no friend of the conservative for quite some time. It is corrupt to the core. Every election it throws out bait for what it knows people want and then does either the opposite or nothing when in power.

The party will not change until people have the courage to refuse to vote for it instead of the party owning them in fear as the lesser evil choice. The lesser evil choice always leads to more evil no matter how well intentioned.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2021, 07:02:04 pm »
The Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

Video 3:

This is exactly what I think of the Party, and why I got involved with it.  It's an "instrument" and there are lots of allies (and too many turncoats) in AZ.  The turncoats have been outing themselves.

BTW, I made a bit of a thing out of my being elected to the County GOP Executive Board as First Vice Chair back in January.  My bride, Mrs. Liberty, just won a seat on that Board yesterday, all by herself.  We, along with you @Right_in_Virginia, are of like minds about what we want to do, and not very far apart on the "how."

She'll be right across the table from me at the County GOP Boardroom.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DB

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2021, 07:21:02 pm »
This is exactly what I think of the Party, and why I got involved with it.  It's an "instrument" and there are lots of allies (and too many turncoats) in AZ.  The turncoats have been outing themselves.

BTW, I made a bit of a thing out of my being elected to the County GOP Executive Board as First Vice Chair back in January.  My bride, Mrs. Liberty, just won a seat on that Board yesterday, all by herself.  We, along with you @Right_in_Virginia, are of like minds about what we want to do, and not very far apart on the "how."

I wish you and yours great success at it!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2021, 07:39:41 pm »
I wish you and yours great success at it!

We have material to work with, and I thank the voters who put us in.  It's some ride!  So much more sweet now that we aren't in Maricopa anymore, where we could never get any traction in that ocean.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2021, 07:49:45 pm »

Sweet @Cyber Liberty   

One for you:   :patriot:  and one for Mrs. Liberty  :patriot:

Godspeed and do us proud!   happy77

« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 07:50:31 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2021, 07:59:11 pm »
Sweet @Cyber Liberty   

One for you:   :patriot:  and one for Mrs. Liberty  :patriot:

Godspeed and do us proud!   happy77

Thank you very kindly!  I am so proud of my Wife! :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

(After the past few weeks, I'm ready to belly up to the Castle Bar, today.  I got a fresh keg in yesterday!)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 08:00:11 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline mikezpen

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2021, 09:45:35 pm »
Conservative Republicans must act at the local level and primary out wishy-washy office holders.