Author Topic: Commentary on extremism was a Trojan horse for ideology  (Read 201 times)

rangerrebew

Commentary on extremism was a Trojan horse for ideology
« on: May 01, 2021, 10:16:23 am »
Commentary on extremism was a Trojan horse for ideology
Dr. Ronald J. Scott, Jr.

I read the commentary, “Enough about ‘not picking sides.’ The only right position is against white supremacy and extremism,” by Esteban Castellanos, U.S. Air Force Academy Class of 2003. He and his co-signers use terms such as “insurrection,” “white supremacy,” and “extremism.” They represent a view that whites, especially our nation’s Founders, inspired by a Judeo-Christian tradition, are oppressors.

Esteban was born while I was stationed at Sembach Air Base, West Germany, as a forward air controller flying the OV-10 Bronco when I was not operating out of an MRC-108 jeep with radio pallet, armored personnel carrier, or OH-58 Kiowa helicopter. We trained aggressively to maintain a level of readiness to counter the Marxist ideological threat from the Soviet Union and its Warsaw Pact alliance. My wife recalled that I was gone an average of 250 days each year during our three-year assignment.

The Western alliance was outnumbered by enemy forces in the range of 3:1 to 5:1. But that represented the “physical” element (tanks, fighters, bombers, etc.) that Carl von Clausewitz wrote about in his seminal work, “On War.”

https://www.airforcetimes.com/opinion/commentary/2021/04/30/commentary-on-extremism-was-a-trojan-horse-for-ideology/