Author Topic: New climate czar John Kerry sold off energy holdings to avoid conflict of interest  (Read 489 times)

Offline libertybele

9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 888mouth 888mouth 888mouth

New climate czar John Kerry sold off energy holdings to avoid conflict of interest

Financial disclosures released by former Secretary of State John Kerry indicate that until March of this year he held hundreds of thousands of dollars of investments in energy-related companies that may end up being affected by policies he'll help shape as President Joe Biden's new climate envoy. ..........

..........A certificate of divestiture issued by the Office of Government Ethics on March 8 shows Kerry's plan to divest from companies that could pose a conflict of interest for his new role as U.S. Special Presidential Envoy for Climate, a common measure that newly appointed public officials take to ensure their government duties don't overlap with their personal interests. New filings obtained by ABC News show that on March 11, he divested between $4 million and $15 million in assets from more than 400 companies, including those energy-sector interests.           ...............

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/new-climate-czar-john-kerry-sold-off-energy-holdings-to-avoid-conflict-of-interest/ar-BB1gf0AW?li=BBnbcA1
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

@libertybele

Kerry did the right thing to divest himself of energy holdings since he is now working in government.  He worked and made money, also his wife had/has money, so they are wealthy.  Being wealthy is not a crime.  If he did not divest himself of energy holdings, people would yell about that. 

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@libertybele

Kerry did the right thing to divest himself of energy holdings since he is now working in government.  He worked and made money, also his wife had/has money, so they are wealthy.  Being wealthy is not a crime.  If he did not divest himself of energy holdings, people would yell about that.

Like they don't have enough to yell at him now.

He is a Traitor. Stop the yelling by starting the hanging.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 02:33:18 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@libertybele

Sure he did the "right thing" by divesting himself of holdings which he knew policies he influenced would decrease in value. The question is, did he divest himself of holdings in the energy sector which would likely increase in value due to those same policies he has influence over?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

@libertybele

That is truly naive.

Why did he have ANY holdings in energy companies when he has preached the climate change crap for decades?  He led the charge as SOS in 2016 to get into the Paris Climate Agreement.  Does that sound consistent to remain in holdings of evil oil and gas companies afterwards as he preached doom and gloom?

He sold off his energy holdings because he MADE MONEY ON THEM when he pronounced statements such as recently saying the earth has only 9 years left if we stay on our path of using oil and gas.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That is truly naive.

Why did he have ANY holdings in energy companies when he has preached the climate change crap for decades?  He led the charge as SOS in 2016 to get into the Paris Climate Agreement.  Does that sound consistent to remain in holdings of evil oil and gas companies afterwards as he preached doom and gloom?

He sold off his energy holdings because he MADE MONEY ON THEM when he pronounced statements such as recently saying the earth has only 9 years left if we stay on our path of using oil and gas.
Why did Al gore have stock in Lead mines, petroleum companies, etc? Because it made him (and his family) money.
These people are running under the "rules for thee, but not for me" protocol, and anything they do is for their benefit, Devil take the hindmost.
It's jut more of the usual hypocrisy.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Once more, with feelin':

John Kerry:
A traitor in war,
A traitor in peace,
A traitor to the hearts of his countrymen.

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

I get that. He had to disclose his investments.  That doesn't change the fact that the holdings that he sold just happened to be energy stocks and he was appointed 'energy czar'.

You are absolutely correct @Victoria33 there is absolutely nothing wrong with being wealthy.  I have no problem with people being wealthy whatsoever.  The problem I have with Kerry is how he became wealthy.  It's one thing to work and become prosperous and quite another to cheat people or to profit off of other's misfortunes. In Kerry's case, he has created misfortunes or scenarios off of others in order to become wealthy.  I've got a problem with that.

He is despicable.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 11:34:53 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.