Author Topic: Biden: It's a "patriotic responsibility" for vaccinated people to keep wearing masks  (Read 976 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Biden: It's a "patriotic responsibility" for vaccinated people to keep wearing masks

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2021/04/30/biden-its-a-patriotic-responsibility-for-vaccinated-people-to-keep-wearing-masks-n386936

This is silly and ill-informed twice over. First he implies that it’s safe for him, a vaccinated person, to go maskless outdoors only because he’s the president and there usually aren’t other people in his immediate vicinity. But that’s wrong. Even the CDC’s cautious new guidance allows someone who’s been immunized to attend “small” outdoor gatherings with a mixed crowd of vaccinated and unvaccinated people without a mask. There’s no rule that says a vaxxed person needs to take precautions just because some stranger is within arm’s length outside.

Second, he claims that if he and the NBC reporter were sitting closer together indoors then they would have masked up. Also wrong. The CDC said weeks ago that it’s okay for vaccinated people to hold small gatherings together indoors without masks. No distancing requirements involved.

The “patriotic responsibility” nonsense is half paranoia, half armchair sociology. ...

I'm one of those people pols pretend do not exist. I have Covid-immunity because I recovered from Covid. In about 4 or 5 weeks I will also have whatever additional immunity I get from having been vaccinated. I only wear a mask in places that require it, to keep the county and state off those places' back. I occasionally have a mask that I pull up while passing close to people on the local trail; I'll be discontinuing that. Someone so fearful and paranoid that it upsets them can deal with their own irrationality.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 10:07:27 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Once again the Liberals themselves openly admit that wearing a mask has nothing to do with Covid or public health.
Fauci said you should wear a mask "to show you care". - not a medical reason
Fauci said you should wear a mask (or two or three masks) "because it is the right thing to do". - not a medical reason
Fauci said you should wear a mask "to make others feel safe". - not a medical reason
Biden said he is wearing a mask "to make a statement". - not a medical reason
Biden said he is wearing a mask "because it is a patriotic responsibility". - not a medical reason

All the reasons the Left gives for continuing the mask religion are 'political' reasons, not scientific or medical reasons.
Masks are symbolic of government control and domination of private citizens.
That is why the Left 'loves' masks. That is why the Left will never let go of masks regardless of Covid or no Covid.
Masks have evolved into a public symbol of 'belonging' to the government, like a swastika in the 30s.
And all the arrests for not wearing a mask, are the government displaying that they will 'force' you to 'obey' them.
Since the masks have now become a political statement with no medical significance, the Left will keep them going for the next 20 years.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

Masks have evolved into a public symbol of 'belonging' to the government, like a swastika in the 30s.
:amen:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Skull

Since the masks have now become a political statement with no medical significance, the Left will keep them going for the next 20 years.

If they do, then masks will become identifiers of the new lepers.  They will be shunned. Anyway, the Left will not have controlling political power after 2022.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 07:29:41 pm by Skull »
Truth is against the stream of common thought, deep, subtle, difficult, delicate, unseen by passion’s slaves cloaked in the murk of ignorance. Vipassī Buddha

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If I understand the meaning of "patriotic responsibility" correctly, it can be best demonstrated by refusing to comply.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Fauci says, masks are stupid.

When was that?   :silly:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

President Q-tip needs to backoff these heavy-handed Covid dictates.

I got my first Pfizer shot today.  Even after I get my second shot, I'll continue to voluntarily wear a mask in public, indoor spaces and crowded outdoor places.

A friend of my wife's family was killed by Covid-19/SARS-2 and her uncle is a long hauler.

There's still much they don't know about Covid-19/SARS-2.  The stealth of its spread and the randomness of hospitalizations and deaths makes it quite insidious.  They still don't know if there are latent, long-term consequences for even non-symptomatic infections.

Every person who has an active case of Covid-19/SARS-2 is a potential biolab incubator from which the next variant(s) could emerge.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 08:28:28 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

I got my first Pfizer shot today.  Even after I get my second shot, I'll continue to voluntarily wear a mask in public, indoor spaces and crowded outdoor places.
Whoever wants to wear a mask is free wear it. Nobody cares. The only issue is turning wearing a mask into a governmental edict.
If it make a person feel better, then wear two or three or eight masks. It does not matter to me or to anyone.
I happen to agree with Fauci that masks are useless and unnecessary at best, and actually harmful at worst.
It is not close to the magic talisman that so many people think it is.
The mandatory mask edicts are about political power, not medicine. Even Liberals concede this fact.

We should be grateful that Fauci is not Appalachian. They believe that if you capture an owl on the night of a full moon and take a tailfeather and release it, as long as you keep that tailfeather with you it will bring you good luck and good health. And there is nothing wrong with that, "for them". But forcing everyone in America to obey a superstitious myth is ridiculous.

Masks are like a snuggly baby blanket for insecure people. It gives people a false sense of security which causes them to do things they may otherwise avoid because they incorrectly believe that they cannot get sick. Nothing is more pernicious than that.

Offline Skull

I happen to agree with Fauci that masks are useless and unnecessary at best, and actually harmful at worst.

There is also emotional & psychological harm done by maskers toward others.  A recent incident with some relatives of mine... One lady is soon to die & in a wheelchair and visited her sisters to say goodbye.  One masked sister would not allow her (also masked) to even enter the outside gate to the house.  They chatted at a 15 yard distance for five minutes or so.  The daughter & granddaughter watched (and cried) at an even farther distance.
Truth is against the stream of common thought, deep, subtle, difficult, delicate, unseen by passion’s slaves cloaked in the murk of ignorance. Vipassī Buddha

Offline libertybele

If I understand the meaning of "patriotic responsibility" correctly, it can be best demonstrated by refusing to comply.

:amen:        :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:                         
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

When was that?   :silly:

Have I got some dates for you, :yowsa: :

January 30, 2020 - CDC recommended against people wearing face masks; https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-cdc-says-americans-dont-have-to-wear-facemasks-because-of-coronavirus-2020-01-30

January 30, 2020 - Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the Center for the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said, "We don’t routinely recommend the use of face masks by the public to prevent respiratory illness. And we certainly are not recommending that at this time for this new virus."; https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-cdc-says-americans-dont-have-to-wear-facemasks-because-of-coronavirus-2020-01-30 ; https://abcnews.go.com/Health/delta-suspends-us-flights-china-amid-coronavirus/story?id=68666037

February 13, 2020 - CDC has released new information regarding the use of PPE, including masks; the general public is advised to not use facemasks; https://www.krqe.com/health/coronavirus/nmdoh-cdc-advise-general-public-against-using-facemasks-to-prevent-coronavirus/

February 29, 2020 - Surgeon General Jerome Adams, "(Masks) are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching #Coronavirus";

https://twitter.com/Surgeon_General/status/1233725785283932160

March 2, 2020 - Surgeon General Jerome Adams, "(Masks have) not been proven to be effective in preventing the spread of coronavirus amongst the general public"; https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/surgeon-general-against-masks/

March 8, 2020 - Dr. Anthony Fauci, "There's no reason to be walking around with a mask"; https://www.cbsnews.com/news/preventing-coronavirus-facemask-60-minutes-2020-03-08/

March 30, 2020 - Arleen Purcell, CDC spokeswoman, reiterated existing CDC guidelines that people who are well should not wear the masks to prevent contracting the virus; https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/30/coronavirus-masks-trump-administration-156327

March 30, 2020 - Dr. Mike Ryan, executive director of the WHO health emergencies program, said, "There is no specific evidence to suggest that the wearing of masks by the mass population has any potential benefit."; https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/world/coronavirus-who-masks-recommendation-trnd/index.html

March 30, 2020 - Dr. Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, an infectious disease epidemiologist with the WHO said, "In the community, we do not recommend the use of wearing masks unless you yourself are sick ..."; https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/world/coronavirus-who-masks-recommendation-trnd/index.html

March 31, 2020 - Surgeon General Jerome Adams, "What the World Health Organization [WHO] and the CDC [The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] have reaffirmed in the last few days is that they do not recommend the general public wear masks."; https://www.foxnews.com/media/surgeon-general-explains-masks-public-coronavirus

March 31, 2020 - CDC reconsidering advice against public wearing of masks to prevent Covid-19 spread; https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/31/cdc-mask-recommendarions-coronavirus-being-reconsi/
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
There is also emotional & psychological harm done by maskers toward others.  A recent incident with some relatives of mine... One lady is soon to die & in a wheelchair and visited her sisters to say goodbye.  One masked sister would not allow her (also masked) to even enter the outside gate to the house.  They chatted at a 15 yard distance for five minutes or so.  The daughter & granddaughter watched (and cried) at an even farther distance.
Of course I don't not know anything whatsoever about this situation.
But from my own family experience, this reads like it was more about internal family issues than it was about Covid.
In that circumstance, normal people would have said "To Hell with Covid!", and would have gone in for the hug.
There was something else going on there, with that.

Offline Skull

Of course I don't not know anything whatsoever about this situation.

Quite so, but I do and fear of Covid was the reason.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Covid is the reason for the season.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

There it is. FEAR. That's the whole of it. And how elites have always steered whole populations.

That it was fear 'of covid' is incidental.

Offline libertybele

There it is. FEAR. That's the whole of it. And how elites have always steered whole populations.

Fear and greed tend to drive people.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Fear and greed tend to drive people.

And understanding that can clear the mind.

Offline Skull

If one gets philosophical, the Fear is actually losing the known, that is, life - although shorthand it is Fear of Death.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
If one gets philosophical, the Fear is actually losing the known, that is, life - although shorthand it is Fear of Death.

I slightly disagree. Insanity is hell.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

Fair spoke. But comes the time when the fear is too great a price. And I have found that to be nearly always the case. Faced with a griz, fear tells you to run. Run, and you are dead... So whatever else you've got is going to have to do.

Turns out, that is the usual case. You can have liberty, or you can have fear. Your choice, every time.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Fuk u bIDEN.  What bothers me is that the vaccines are being offered as a gigantic drug trial, a fact people tend to forget or ignore. They've each been approved by the FDA on an Emergency Use Authorization . Nobody knows if, or what, the long-term effects will be until there's been time to study them. I have no desire to be a guinea pig. But by all means, you all get jabbed.

It is your patriotic duty. Wear your mask too.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Fuk u bIDEN.  What bothers me is that the vaccines are being offered as a gigantic drug trial, a fact people tend to forget or ignore. They've each been approved by the FDA on an Emergency Use Authorization . Nobody knows if, or what, the long-term effects will be until there's been time to study them. I have no desire to be a guinea pig. But by all means, you all get jabbed.

It is your patriotic duty. Wear your mask too.

Is this one of those take this jab and shove it things?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Once again the Liberals themselves openly admit that wearing a mask has nothing to do with Covid or public health.
Fauci said you should wear a mask "to show you care". - not a medical reason
Fauci said you should wear a mask (or two or three masks) "because it is the right thing to do". - not a medical reason
Fauci said you should wear a mask "to make others feel safe". - not a medical reason
Biden said he is wearing a mask "to make a statement". - not a medical reason
Biden said he is wearing a mask "because it is a patriotic responsibility". - not a medical reason

All the reasons the Left gives for continuing the mask religion are 'political' reasons, not scientific or medical reasons.
Masks are symbolic of government control and domination of private citizens.
That is why the Left 'loves' masks. That is why the Left will never let go of masks regardless of Covid or no Covid.
And all the arrests for not wearing a mask, are the government displaying that they will 'force' you to 'obey' them.

Love this, @240B !!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

Is this one of those take this jab and shove it things?

HA! Your obscure Johnny Paycheck reference was not wasted on me.  :beer: