Author Topic: Biden contends Trump administration failed to plan for migrant ‘overflow’  (Read 315 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden contends Trump administration failed to plan for migrant ‘overflow’
by Naomi Lim, Political Reporter |
 | April 30, 2021 08:12 AM

President Joe Biden blamed former President Donald Trump for his administration's early struggles to manage the surge in illegal immigration at the southern border and its inability to reunite migrant children separated from their families.

The Trump administration's refusal to cooperate during the incoming team's post-election transition period and its failure to prepare for the "seasonal" spike in illegal border crossings are to blame for the situation, Biden said.

“The two departments that didn’t give us access to virtually anything were the immigration and the Defense Department,” Biden told NBC in an interview taped Thursday, the 100th day of his term. The interview aired Friday morning.

It is unclear whether Biden meant the Department of Homeland Security or the Department of Health and Human Services. Both are responsible for migrant children at different points of the process, from apprehension to release to a parent or guardian or otherwise.

The delay meant Biden's aides did not know how "considerably" understaffed the federal agencies were, according to Biden.

“They didn’t have beds,” he said. “They didn’t plan for the overflow.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/biden-trump-border-overflow
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The Q-tip is President now; can't pass the buck to the Oompa-Loompa.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GrouchoTex

“They didn’t have beds,” he said. “They didn’t plan for the overflow.”

Of course not.
These was no need for them.
If you stop the overflow, you have no need to have space to accommodate it.
A little freakin' research should have told Biden this, before he sent out his messages for those to come here illegally.

Offline skeeter

Trump didn’t plan on you inviting the whole of Central America in. Shame on him.

Online libertybele

Biden's Depends are full of it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
President Trump planned on there being no "overflow".  His goal was to close the borders, not send out engraved invitations like the Usurper is doing.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.