Author Topic: Wow! Ben Domenech humiliates Chris Wallace on air for his Biden speech puffery  (Read 388 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
April 30, 2021
Wow! Ben Domenech humiliates Chris Wallace on air for his Biden speech puffery
By Thomas Lifson

I confess that like most Americans, I had no interest in watching Joe Biden’s non-State of the Union address to a mostly empty House chamber hosting a joint session of Congress. That’s why I missed a golden moment during the commentary afterward on Fox News Channel, one that surely stands as what the progressives like to call a “Profile in Courage.”

You may have noticed that in recent weeks, FNC has been trying out various personalities from its stable of commentators as hosts of “Fox News Primetime” that airs in the 7 PM Eastern timeslot, the lead-in to Tucker Carlson’s program, its (and cable news’) ratings leader. I presume that the personality that does what the executives deem the best job, or maybe gets the highest ratings, or the highest Q Score, will be rewarded with hosting duties on a regular basis. This would be a Very Big Deal for the person snagging the honor. Last week, the host of the program was Ben Domenech, co-founder of The Federalist.

With a potential plum like that a possibility, Domenech deserves a lot of credit for responding to Chris Wallace’s praise for Biden’s speech the way he did. I don’t know why FNC regards Wallace so highly, but he does host Fox News Sunday and virtually always serves as a commentator after major political events. Somebody up there (on the executive floors of FNC) likes him.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/04/wow_ben_domenech_humiliates_chris_wallace_on_air_for_his_biden_speech_puffery.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I had Fox on, Wallace let loose with his liberal nonsense, and I turned the channel.  Fox News is no longer a conservative network!  They are hard to stomach with the likes of Wallace and the other liberal wingnuts they have.

BassWrangler

I am baffled at how Wallace keeps his job. Does anyone like him? He belongs on CNN or MSNBC.

Offline Slide Rule

I am baffled at how Wallace keeps his job. Does anyone like him? He belongs on CNN or MSNBC.

His performance on Fox is an interview for and even more liberal news slot.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
April 30, 2021
Wow! Ben Domenech humiliates Chris Wallace on air for his Biden speech puffery

With a potential plum like that a possibility, Domenech deserves a lot of credit for responding to Chris Wallace’s praise for Biden’s speech the way he did. I don’t know why FNC regards Wallace so highly, but he does host Fox News Sunday and virtually always serves as a commentator after major political events. Somebody up there (on the executive floors of FNC) likes him.

While I agree with Domenech, I find the criticism of Wallace here disproportionate to what he actually said.

Wallace simply said that the speech would be popular because it promised much, all to be paid for by others.  This is nothing more than the standard D position, and it's simply a fact that the position *is* popular; there are millions of people throughout the country who want to be provided more and more by Uncle Sam, always to be paid for by others.

Wallace also hypothesized that the Biden admin calculates that COVID has caused many people to see the Fed Gov as a benevolent provider (my words, not his, but I think faithful to what he said) so is taking advantage of that calculation.  That hypothesis might be proven correct or incorrect, but there is nothing wrong in suggesting it.

At least in the clip shown, Wallace did not hail the speech as particularly effective or historic, he merely said it would be popular.  That should not be controversial.  The legitimate criticism of Wallace here is for analysis so anodyne as to be meaningless.  While he didn't criticize the speech, neither did Wallace endorse it; he basically said nothing.

Domenech actually *said something.*
James 1:20