Author Topic: USDA sending 500 volunteers to Mexico border, expected to work 12-hour shifts without training: repo  (Read 349 times)

rangerrebew

USDA sending 500 volunteers to Mexico border, expected to work 12-hour shifts without training: report
Volunteers could interview as many as 12 unaccompanied children, many of whom could be grappling with trauma, every day
By Audrey Conklin | Fox News

Fox News contributor Sara Carter speaks to anonymous federal official about the migrant crisis

The Department of Agriculture is sending as many as 500 volunteers to the U.S.-Mexico border to help process the thousands of migrants trying to come to the U.S., reports show.

An email from Terry Cosby, acting chief of the USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service, obtained by The Spectator details volunteer opportunities the agency is offering to its more than 100,000 employees to work directly with unaccompanied minors at the border and help pair them with American sponsors.

"These are children in need and government employees now have an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of these children, families and communities impacted by this migration," Cosby wrote in the April 22 email, according to the Spectator. "I urge you to seriously consider answering this call to service to make a difference."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/usda-volunteers-mexico-border-migrant-children

Offline DefiantMassRINO

You'd think Government employee unions would be up in arms.  The USDA pawns must be salaried executives.  I wonder if they are pilfering USDA officials that administer the W.I.C. (Womens with Infant Children) program.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright