Author Topic: Petraeus: Extremists Will Fill Void In Afghanistan When Troops Leave  (Read 581 times)

rangerrebew

Petraeus: Extremists Will Fill Void In Afghanistan When Troops Leave
Thursday, 29 Apr 2021 3:25 PM

The United States isn't ending the endless war in Afghanistan by pulling its troops out, but only its involvement in that war and the absence of American troops and NATO forces will likely be felt in years to come when extremists once again move in, retired Gen. David Petraeus said Thursday.

"I fear that a couple of years from now we will look back and we are going to remember that whenever there are ungoverned spaces in the Muslim world, extremists fill them," the former CIA director said on Fox News' "America's Newsroom."

The former CIA director whose four-star assignments include serving as commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan and Iraq and as the 10th commander of U.S. Central Command, and as the commander of forces, said it's important to remember that the 9/11 attacks were planned in Afghanistan.

"The training of attackers was conducted in a sanctuary that Al Qaeda enjoyed when the Taliban ruled the country," said Petraeus. "We should expect that they will try to recreate such sanctuaries if the Taliban is able to extend their sway over more of Afghanistan."

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/1019536?section=newsfront&keywords=petraeus-troops-afghanistan-middleeast&year=2021&month=04&date=29&id=1019536&oref=c.newsnow.com

rangerrebew

Terrorists will fill the void?  Are BLM and antifa moving over there? :whistle:

Online rustynail

Trump voters.

Offline libertybele

No worries Joe has upped the number of refugees allowed into the country.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

rangerrebew

No worries Joe has upped the number of refugees allowed into the country.

You don't think the numbers of BLM/antifa will swell do you? tri22

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The war in Afghanistan is just entering a new phase, just like it did after the British left, and just like it did after the Russians left.  U.S. needs to hire better nation-building contractors, or get out of that business altogether.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline dfwgator

Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Offline skeeter

"Petraeus: Extremists Will Fill Void In Afghanistan When Troops Leave"

Reasons to care:

1)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm afraid I can't find a rip to give.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
No shits given.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Petraeus is right.  Other than the two largest cities in Afghanistan, where the USA works with the national government for control, the Taliban, ISIS, and al Qaeda control the rest of Afghanistan.  THE MAJORITY OF THE COUNTRY!!!

How long will their government stand?  I give it 3-6 months and gone!  Once gone, it becomes a haven for terrorism once again.

George Bush, a weak minded POTUS, squandered USA blood and treasury with his approach in Afghanistan.  He had no idea what to do.  NONE!  I am sorry, but the single greatest attack upon the USA, and he approached it with Marshall Plan stupidity.  I am not a war hawk, but I believe in destroying enemies.  So badly so, they never give anyone trouble again.  Bush failed at this miserably.

So Biden pulls us out, 3-6 months the Taliban seizes the government, kills everyone friendly to the USA and NATO,  and back in the terrorism business again.

I say we tell the Taliban if they become a terrorist haven, we will nuke every city with a population greater than 10,000, or use a MOAB bomb in each.  And if we do not have them in inventory, we start building them now for that day.  It will come.  I have no qualms killing every last Afghani.  None!!!  Now that is an object lesson for our enemies that should have happened post 9/11, but we got Bush's tea and crumpets.