Author Topic: Air Force vet Ashli Babbitt’s family to sue US Capitol cop who shot her  (Read 493 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by  Liz George  April 29, 2021

The family of Air Force veteran Ashli Babbitt, who died while storming the Capitol on January 6, plans to file a lawsuit against US Capitol Police and the unknown officer who fatally shot Babbitt, an attorney representing the family said this week.

According to Zenger News, attorney Terry Roberts knows the name of the officer who shot and killed Babbitt earlier this year, although the individual’s name has not been publicly released.

Roberts said the family intends to seek nearly $12 million in damages, adding that the lawsuit will be filed within 10 days.

“What it looks like is this guy shot this lady for no legitimate law enforcement purpose. And you know, they ought to be pretty ashamed of that,” Roberts said. “In a free country like ours, it’s very strange and odd that they wouldn’t identify the officer, or even provide some details, explaining why he had to kill her. You would probably expect this kind of thing to happen in Russia.”

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/04/air-force-vet-ashli-babbitts-family-to-sue-us-capitol-cop-who-shot-her/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
$12 million? Too much or not enough? I'm torn.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I doubt a judge would permit a charge against an unknown person.

Seems better to sue for the name of officer, then level a charge against both.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I doubt a judge would permit a charge against an unknown person.

Seems better to sue for the name of officer, then level a charge against both.

According to Zenger News, attorney Terry Roberts knows the name of the officer who shot and killed Babbitt earlier this year, although the individual’s name has not been publicly released.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
So, a murdered white woman is not worth half as much as an eight time in prison criminal, a man that held a weapon to the stomach of an eight month pregnant woman.  Hmmm!  America is great!  How many dirt bags with a criminal record a mile long will decide to do suicide by cop to enrich their family? 

What the numbskulls of Minnesota have done will result in many good people's life being destroyed. 

When will the people of America have conservative folks that seek to end this gate wide open spending by elected officials?  Nothing they do is in the interest of the American citizens.

Biden last night promised free education for every illegal invading alien.  Say what?  This makes zero sense, and only intensifies my resolve to end this invasion.  We need to elect only people that begin to put the American people first, second and third, and send the illegal invading aliens back where they came from, including all DACA folks.  I do not care they were children when their parents dragged them illegally into the USA!!!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

So, a murdered white woman is not worth half as much as an eight time in prison criminal, a man that held a weapon to the stomach of an eight month pregnant woman.  Hmmm!  America is great!  How many dirt bags with a criminal record a mile long will decide to do suicide by cop to enrich their family? 

What the numbskulls of Minnesota have done will result in many good people's life being destroyed. 

When will the people of America have conservative folks that seek to end this gate wide open spending by elected officials?  Nothing they do is in the interest of the American citizens.

Biden last night promised free education for every illegal invading alien.  Say what?  This makes zero sense, and only intensifies my resolve to end this invasion.  We need to elect only people that begin to put the American people first, second and third, and send the illegal invading aliens back where they came from, including all DACA folks.  I do not care they were children when their parents dragged them illegally into the USA!!!
And they want those felons to be able to vote when they get released, which is frequently under the Dem's ambitions to remain in office until perpetuity.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Good luck getting a settlement from the Federal government.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright