Author Topic: ‘No More’: Ted Cruz Stops Accepting Corporate PAC Contributions  (Read 368 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Daily Caller by Thomas Catenacci 4/29/2021

Republican Sen. Ted Cruz vowed to no longer accept campaign contributions from corporate political action committees and urged his colleagues to do the same.

Corporations have consistently attacked conservative values while expecting Republicans to grant them political favors, Sen. Ted Cruz wrote in a Wall Street Journal editorial Wednesday evening. The Texas senator said “woke CEOs” like Republicans until any sign of controversy is sparked online, causing them to run away.

“For too long, Republicans have allowed the left and their big-business allies to attack our values with no response,” Cruz wrote in the WSJ editorial. “We’ve allowed them to ship jobs overseas, attack gun rights, and destroy our energy companies. We’ve let them smear Republicans without paying any price.”

More: https://dailycaller.com/2021/04/29/ted-cruz-campaign-contributions-corporate-pac/

Offline skeeter

Re: ‘No More’: Ted Cruz Stops Accepting Corporate PAC Contributions
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 09:18:31 pm »
Bout damn time. Good move.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz Urges GOP to ‘Grow a Backbone,’ ‘Stand Up’ to ‘Woke’ Corporate America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiV_foHCvrM&t=6s

Jeff Poor 2 May 2021

Saturday on FNC’s “Watters’ World,” Sen. Ted Cruz warned about the dangers of so-called “wokeness,” which he said was buoyed by support from corporate America.

“I think wokeness is trying to destroy America, and we’re seeing whether it’s the corporate media or big business, we are seeing woke corporations that are engaged as the political enforcers of the radical left, and are trying to silence or trying to cancel. They’re trying to punish American citizens, and I think it is profoundly dangerous,” he said.

Host Jesse Watters asked the Texas Republican what the proper course of action should be to combat that trend. Cruz urged the GOP to “grow a backbone” and refuse money from those corporate entities.

“Look, we’ve got to grow a backbone,” Cruz replied. “We’ve got to stand up to big business, and we’ve got to take on Big Tech. We’ve got to use the antitrust laws to break up Big Tech to go after them for abusing their monopoly power. This week, I wrote an op-ed in The Wall Street Journal on big companies and woke corporations, and I made a commitment this week that I am no longer accepting even one penny from any corporate PAC. Over nine years in the Senate, corporate PACs have given me about $2.6 million. But I said enough is enough. These guys are corrupt. They’re lying to the American people. They’re fighting the American people. They’ve declared the American people are their enemy.

“And so I don’t want their money,” he continued. “I won’t take a penny. And when they come to Washington with their hands out for corporate welfare, for subsidies, for mandates, and they do that over and over again. Look, I’ve been standing against the cronyism and corporate welfare a long time, but I’m urging my colleagues in the Republican Party to stand against the cronyism and corporate welfare as well. We’ve launched a new website. That is nowokemoney.com, nowokemoney.com because if we’re not going to take the money from the corporate PACs, we’ve got to rely instead to communicate our message on individual Americans all across the country who are supporting us to the tune of $10.00 or $25.00 or $50.00. And I think the Republican Party needs to grow a backbone and stand up to woke corporate America.more

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/05/02/cruz-urges-gop-to-grow-a-backbone-stand-up-to-woke-corporate-america/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LegalAmerican