Author Topic: Your Woke Money Is No Good Here  (Read 198 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Your Woke Money Is No Good Here
« on: April 29, 2021, 07:36:55 pm »
Corporations have taken advantage of Republicans for too long. I won’t take their PAC dollars anymore.
By Ted Cruz
April 28, 2021 6:37 pm ET

Georgia’s new election law runs 98 generously spaced pages. A fast reader can get through it in one sitting. If you’re the CEO of a major corporation, you can pay someone to do it for you. But I don’t think CEOs took the time to read Georgia’s Election Integrity Act of 2021, because so much of what they said about it was nonsense.

Coca-Cola ’s James Quincey said he opposed “measures in the bills that would diminish or deter access to voting.” Which measures? The ones that allow several forms of identification, which the state provides free of charge, to request or cast a ballot? Or the measures that expand the number of days of early voting?

Maybe Mr. Quincey can be forgiven. He’s British, and they’ve been confused about Americans since the Boston Tea Party. But Merck’s Kenneth Frazier said, “Georgia is the leading edge of a movement all around this country to restrict voting access.” Was he referring to the laws’s provision that mandates more ballot boxes? Or the one that shifts Georgia’s electoral oversight to a nonpartisan appointee?

Had these watch-me-woke-it-up CEOs actually read the bill—instead of parroting the radical left’s talking points—they’d have discovered they had no idea what they were talking about. A clutch of business leaders tried to win woke Twitter points and clowned themselves instead.

This is the point in the drama when Republicans usually shrug their shoulders, call these companies “job creators,” and start to cut their taxes. Not this time.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/your-woke-money-is-no-good-here-11619649421
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Your Woke Money Is No Good Here
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 08:46:09 pm »
I think Quincy's problem was he drank some of the original Coke formula containing cocaine that clouded his judgement.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Re: Your Woke Money Is No Good Here
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 09:47:57 pm »
Maybe Mr. Quincey can be forgiven. He’s British, and they’ve been confused about Americans since the Boston Tea Party. But Merck’s Kenneth Frazier said, “Georgia is the leading edge of a movement all around this country to restrict voting access.” Was he referring to the laws’s provision that mandates more ballot boxes? Or the one that shifts Georgia’s electoral oversight to a nonpartisan appointee?

But Frazier is right.

Georgia is on the leading edge of the movement to restrict voting access.   Georgia only wants legitimate voters to be able to vote, not the dead people, the ringers, the repeat votes, the out of state voters, the non-existent voters, the 25% of the voting segment that didn't exist who stole the election for Biden and the Rodents.

And what is wrong with ending vote fraud?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.