Author Topic: Trump says Florida Gov. DeSantis ‘would be considered’ as 2024 running mate  (Read 804 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says Florida Gov. DeSantis ‘would be considered’ as 2024 running mate
The former president discussed his platform for a potential 2024 run

By Talia Kaplan | Fox News

Donald Trump revealed on Thursday that he is "100%" thinking about running for president again in 2024 and would "certainly" consider Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis as his running mate.

The former president made the comments during an exclusive interview on "Mornings with Maria" on Thursday, the morning after President Biden’s address to a joint session of Congress during his most high-profile speech to the nation yet, on the eve of his 100th day in office.

Trump noted that DeSantis is "a friend of mine" and "a great guy."

"I endorsed Ron and after I endorsed him he took off like a rocket ship," Trump continued. "He’s done a great job as governor."

A spokesman for DeSantis did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.

Former President Trump also discussed his platform for a potential 2024 run, which he said would include protecting the Second Amendment, the border, tax increases and the energy industry.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-desantis-2024-running-mate-considered
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
How about clearing the air, and just endorse him up front as main candidate?  Mr. Trump, you did a lot of good, but at least my opinion, we have a chance to take your vision forward with some infusion of youth.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

If he declares DeSantis now, he'll have fewer sychophants stroking his ego.

As long as potential VP candidates believe they have a chance, they will bend over backwards to curry his favor.

Trump leverages uncertainty to wield power.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline dfwgator

How about clearing the air, and just endorse him up front as main candidate?  Mr. Trump, you did a lot of good, but at least my opinion, we have a chance to take your vision forward with some infusion of youth.

Plus, DeSantis has a good team working for him, that he can bring with him to Washington.  Trump simply cannot do that.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
DeSantis would be a good VP pick for President Trump's third term because it would make the task of carrying the vital state of Floriduh! that much easier.

Outside of the fact that DeSantis is a good governor, immune to China Virus Hysteria, selecting him to be VP would be a significant electoral college tactic.  If Jeb! hadn't been such a retard, and a treasonous pansy Bush to boot, he could have gotten the VP selection in 2016.

Trump's second term has been working well for Trump so far.  More and more Rodent voters are becoming Americans as they regret supporting the Usurpation of the Senile.    They're no longer in denial about Joe being senile, anyway.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline cato potatoe

Whatever happens, Republicans had better stay focused on winning the November election.  2024 is do-or-die for the republic.  If dems gain a couple of senate seats, they will nuke the filibuster, add states, pack the court, rig the elections, and loot the treasury until the government collapses.

Offline goatprairie

After getting clobbered by a moldy sack of potatoes named Joe Biden, the best thing Trump should do is stay down in Florida, lie on his couch, wolf down cheeseburgers, watch female mud-wrestling on tape, and STAY THE HELL OUT OF GOP POLITICS!!!!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Trump did his time.  Now don't muck things up for a real up and comer. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

I totally failed to call 2016 correctly, thank goodness. As did most here. I’m not about to claim myself an expert on what needs to happen for us to win in 2024. Whatever works I’m for.

One thing is certain should we win again, some conservatives will piss & moan incessantly if we don’t win their way.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 07:50:13 pm by skeeter »

Offline Potluck

• Surrendered August 19, 1998
I’ve said this before. Just because it’s not Trump does not mean the dems will treat DeSantis any different. He too will come under the attack of lies, left-wing fake news and any thing else disgusting focused on his destruction.
Does DeSantis have the fortitude, stamina and utter resolve under the same duress Trump put up with for 4 years?
Trump has been through it all before. He knows exactly what that road leads to. He’s battlefield experienced. DeSantis will receive no less.
"Hell is the impossibility of reason" - Oliver Stone

Offline skeeter

I’ve said this before. Just because it’s not Trump does not mean the dems will treat DeSantis any different. He too will come under the attack of lies, left-wing fake news and any thing else disgusting focused on his destruction.
Does DeSantis have the fortitude, stamina and utter resolve under the same duress Trump put up with for 4 years?
Trump has been through it all before. He knows exactly what that road leads to. He’s battlefield experienced. DeSantis will receive no less.
correct. it’s mystifying why some seem to believe the rats will go easier on trumps successor.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:yowsa: That is a FACT if there ever was one!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

Just look how they treated W, McCain and Romney when they ran for President.

Offline mountaineer

Vernon Jones
@RepVernonJones
From left to right: #AmericaFirst, #GeorgiaFirst, #FloridaFirst.

This campaign is just getting started.
5:35 PM · Apr 29, 2021

https://twitter.com/RepVernonJones/status/1387883353454620679
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

"I’ve said this before. Just because it’s not Trump does not mean the dems will treat DeSantis any different"

True, but so what? After watching DeSantis he appears to have a huge advantage over Trump in not doing things that make average voters shake their heads in disgust.
You Trump lovers still fail to understand that the reason Trump lost is because so many voters overlooked his policies because they couldn't stand his corrosive personality.
I voted for him twice, and I couldn't stand him. He lives in his own bubble completely unaware of how his words and actions irritate millions of people i.e. voters who vote on likeability factors and not just politics.