Author Topic: Weekly jobless claims fall to new post-lockdowns low  (Read 231 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Weekly jobless claims fall to new post-lockdowns low
« on: April 29, 2021, 01:10:48 pm »
Weekly jobless claims fall to new post-lockdowns low
By Sylvan Lane - 04/29/21 08:48 AM EDT

New applications for unemployment insurance fell by 39,000 to 547,000 last week as the U.S. economy continues to recover from the coronavirus recession, the Labor Department reported Thursday.

In the week ending April 17, jobless claims fell to their lowest level since the beginning of coronavirus lockdowns for the second consecutive week. The previous week’s total was revised up by 10,000 claims to 586,000, which was the lowest total number of jobless claims since March 14, 2020.

Another 133,319 Americans applied for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA), a program created to extend jobless aid to gig workers, contractors and others who do not qualify for traditional unemployment insurance.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/550890-weekly-jobless-claims-fall-to-new-post-lockdowns-low
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: Weekly jobless claims fall to new post-lockdowns low
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 04:04:20 pm »
Residual effects of Trump's economic policies.  Good news like this will soon be evaporating quicker than Biden Brain cells.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 04:15:48 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Weekly jobless claims fall to new post-lockdowns low
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 04:12:34 pm »
Under Dementia Joe's unemployment pay plan no one wants to work.  Hell only a chump would actually work when you can sit home and get free money.

I was at Lowes yesterday and at every cash register was a sign that read: 

"Now Hiring.
Immediate Interview
Start today"

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.