Author Topic: Catholic bishops could consider whether Biden should recieve Communion  (Read 980 times)

Offline libertybele

Catholic bishops could consider whether Biden should recieve Communion

The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) is holding a meeting in June to consider whether its Committee on Doctrine should draft a document clarifying the church's stance on abortion.

The meeting and consideration come as President Biden continues to support abortion rights while also claiming the title of a "devout Catholic."

While the USCCB deferred comment on exactly what would be discussed at the meeting or what any potential documents may contain, a spokesperson did confirm that the meeting will be held on June 4.

The spokesperson added that it would be premature to say exactly what any prospective documents discussed at the meeting would say or cover.

If the committee does decide to draft any kind of document at the June meeting, it likely would not be presented to the full body of bishops for discussion and a vote until November, the spokesperson said.

Certain bishops have made comments about clarifying the church's abortion position and whether or not the president can receive Communion while also abortion rights, signaling that discussion of the issue may be brought up at the meeting later this summer.

Such a stance, by a public figure, is "a grave moral evil," according to Archbishop Joseph Naumann of Kansas City, Kansas, who chairs the USCCB’s Committee on Pro-Life Activities and believes it’s necessary to publicly rebuke Biden on the issue.

"Because President Biden is Catholic, it presents a unique problem for us," Naumann told The Associated Press. "It can create confusion. ... How can he say he’s a devout Catholic and he’s doing these things that are contrary to the church’s teaching?"..........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/catholic-bishops-biden-communion
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Considering .... feel the church sliding even further from what it claims to represent. But my good ole Southern Baptist are doing the same thing just a couple of decades behind the Catholics. Whatcha wanna bet, by the end of term, they will be looking the other way completely on what Biden is doing.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 11:24:36 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline PeteS in CA

A-spelunking we will go.

A-spelunking we will go ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline verga

Long past due
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online rustynail

I bet an Egg McMuffin coupon the bishops will not deny Communion.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

They need the weekly collection$ from America's cafeteria Catholics to fund the Church.

$alvation isn't free.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Absalom

Roman Catholicism is anchored by the teachings of Jesus Christ, articulated in the
New Testament Gospels, further supported by the wisdom of the Old Testament,
each of which appeal to the infinite wisdom of Natural Law, birthed as Mankind's foundational Rules of Governance.
The essence and core precept of Natural Law is that the Family Unit of Father,
Mother and Children are the bedrock/model of culture/society in all civilizations.
As such, any attitude, behavior, impulse or sentiment harming the Family Unit
is Verboten; to be condemned, forbidden and mercilessly punished, as was the
case w/abortion and homosexuality down thru history.
Yet the modern Papacy ain't so sure about abortion while much of its hierarchy
is riddled w/homosexuals.
That reality tells the world everything they wish to know about what an appalling
disgrace the Church of Rome, has evolved into.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 09:31:32 pm by Absalom »

Offline verga

For most of my almost 61 years I have a been a faithful Catholic. I quasi left about 21 years ago for a year or so and my wife's middle brother brought me back in and I ended up enrolled in the local seminary as a lay student. It is impossible for me to articulate just how disgusted and appalled I am that the likes of Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden can be called faithful Catholics.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline PeteS in CA

For most of my almost 61 years I have a been a faithful Catholic. I quasi left about 21 years ago for a year or so and my wife's middle brother brought me back in and I ended up enrolled in the local seminary as a lay student. It is impossible for me to articulate just how disgusted and appalled I am that the likes of Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden can be called faithful Catholics.

I'm not a Catholic, but I have enough respect for faithful Catholics that I find the likes of Pelosi, Biden, Joe Kennedy Sr., JFK, RFK, and Teddy the Snorkel disgusting. However often they warm the pew, they are not faithful Catholics. Using the term in the Catholic sense, they are causes of scandal.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 07:20:49 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Biden, as a staunch supporter of mass genocide(abortion), he should be excommunicated.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Re: Catholic bishops could consider whether Biden should recieve Communion
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2021, 10:03:39 pm »

You forgot two important people who are Catholic but shouldn't be.

Andy Cuomo

The Pope.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2021, 02:44:32 am »
Roman Catholicism is anchored by the teachings of Jesus Christ, articulated in the
each of which appeals to the infinite wisdom of Natural Law, birthed as Mankind's
foundational Rules of Governance.
Mother and Children are the bedrock/model of culture/society in all civilizations.
That reality tells the world everything they wish to know about what an appalling

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2021, 03:09:11 am »
Toothless

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2021, 03:33:15 am »
Biden, as a staunch supporter of mass genocide(abortion), he should be excommunicated.

I agree,  I doubt it would make any difference to Joe nor would it make a difference to him if he was unable to receive communion. 

His stance on several issues doesn't align with the Church and I am glad to see bishops raising concern.  The concern should have been raised long before now and certainly not with just Joe.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2021, 06:26:46 am »
My best guess is they are all going to suffer from pulled muscles and joint damage from trying to dance around reality and be on both sides of the issue when the dust settles.

On the best days they have ever had,they were nothing but whores.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2021, 06:31:35 am »
each of which appeal to the infinite wisdom of Natural Law, birthed as Mankind's foundational Rules of Governance.

@Absalom

You mean they were peachy-keen when they were boiling suspected unbelievers to death in pots of flaming oil hundreds of years ago?

Not to mention things like tying up accused sinners and throwing them in the river to see if they were guilty or not,because only the guilty would drown?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 06:32:27 am by sneakypete »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2021, 08:51:39 am »
The movie Spotlight opened my eyes with their data contained in the credits at the end of the movie.

It is the only movie I have seen where after it was over and the credits rolled, no one left the theater.  I think everyone was shocked at the numbers of priests in the USA sexually assaulting children.  1 in 6 priests sodomized children in the USA, and the bishops protected these predators across the country consistently.  I was shocked.  Still am shocked.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2021, 06:59:31 pm »
@Absalom
You mean they were peachy-keen when they were boiling suspected unbelievers to death in pots of flaming oil hundreds of years ago?
Not to mention things like tying up accused sinners and throwing them in the river to see if they were guilty or not, because only the guilty would drown?
---------------------------
What I meant is what I said, in plain spoken English,
obviously a discipline you never heard of.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 07:00:34 pm by Absalom »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2021, 07:38:26 pm »
---------------------------
What I meant is what I said, in plain spoken English,
obviously a discipline you never heard of.

@Absalom

And like a typical zealot,you refuse to hear anything negative about your superstition. Takes a special kind of "discipline" as  well as lack of character to do that,bubbaC

Offline MOD4

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2021, 09:47:27 pm »
Stop the personal stuff. TBR members are not the topic of this thread.