Author Topic: Texas School District Shames White Students As Part Of ‘Cultural Competence,’ Parents Enraged  (Read 629 times)

Online mountaineer

Texas School District Shames White Students As Part Of ‘Cultural Competence,’ Parents Enraged
By  Ashe Schow
Apr 27, 2021
An incident involving white students singing along to racial slurs in rap lyrics led Texas’ most successful school district to adopt a radical approach to combating racism.

The Carroll Independent School District of Southlake, a Dallas suburb, is the “top-achieving school district in Texas,” according to The Federalist’s Joy Pullmann.

“It has no racial achievement gaps, which is nearly unheard of. That’s because Southlake attracts high-achieving families of all races,” Pullmann wrote. “The local median income is more than four times the national average and poverty there is statistically nonexistent. According to district data, ‘microaggressions,’ bullying, and racially charged incidents happen approximately three times per month in the district of 8,500 students, meaning they involve 0.3 percent of students a year.”

But because of videos showing students singling along to rap lyrics and the media attention they received, the district overreached and instituted programs meant to combat “institutional racism” but that in reality shame white students for the color of their skin.

The district adopted a “cultural competence” plan, Pullmann reported, after the videos went viral and “sometimes-crying taxpayers, parents, and students spent hours insisting their lives have been forever damaged by the kind of ‘institutional racism’ in Southlake illustrated by the rap sing-alongs.” ...
Daily Wire

Maybe if rappers didn't want white kids "singing" about n-words, they shouldn't put that word in their compositions.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Parents should channel that outrage to make sure some heads roll in that scholl district.  The "fashionable wokeness" is getting ready for some incredible backlash. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

Shit-stirring "parents" teaching Victimology to their children. This ISD needs to be forced to back down with a weasel-free acknowledgement of having been wrong or experience an exodus from their classrooms into private schools or homeschools.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

For those who are not Hip-Hop fans, may I suggest a more rock-oriented selection of music, the album "Body Count" by the group "Body Count".  All the profane lyrics without all the sampled beats.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline PeteS in CA

For those who are not Hip-Hop fans, may I suggest a more rock-oriented selection of music, the album "Body Count" by the group "Body Count".  All the profane lyrics without all the sampled beats.

Thanks, but I'll stick with "Love Song" and Honeytree". I'm too ancient for profane thumpa-wumpa.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The Carroll Independent School District of Southlake, a Dallas suburb,

Oh hell NO.  Southlake, if anything is a suburb of Fort Worth.  I Lived many years in the Keller-Southlake area and what is happening there is sad.  The rats have moved from there liberal hell holes and brought their libtard ways with them.  They brought there evil spawn of Satan with them and enrolled them in the Carroll SD.  Then they ran for city council and school board and turned a nice Texas rich town into a Austin wannabe.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Oh hell NO.  Southlake, if anything is a suburb of Fort Worth.  I Lived many years in the Keller-Southlake area and what is happening there is sad.  The rats have moved from there liberal hell holes and brought their libtard ways with them.  They brought there evil spawn of Satan with them and enrolled them in the Carroll SD.  Then they ran for city council and school board and turned a nice Texas rich town into a Austin wannabe.
Maybe your future lies with returning to live there and run for the school board.

If Satan lives there, then a Joan of Arc or @Wingnut can maybe save it from him. 

Just watch out for fires.  And rope.

Me. I have a bigger challenge as I grew up in Austin.  Was thinking the only way to save it is to be biblical and build a wall around it and flood it.  Only thing worth saving I believe is maybe the cherry I planted on top of Mount Bonnell.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 01:45:51 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Night Hides Not

Texas School District Shames White Students As Part Of ‘Cultural Competence,’ Parents Enraged
By  Ashe Schow
Apr 27, 2021Daily Wire

Maybe if rappers didn't want white kids "singing" about n-words, they shouldn't put that word in their compositions.

I wish that Southlake would put more emphasis on stopping parents from holding their kids back a year, mainly for the benefit of their sports teams. That's been an open secret since we moved here 25 years ago.

No doubt, hundreds of families with great athletes have gravitated toward Southlake, in addition to Allen. I merely recall when my sons played their teams in middle and high school. It's a huge difference when 8th graders (or should be in 8th grade) are playing against 7th graders.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Hoodat

Non-white students shouldn't have to be exposed to the continued sins of white students.  They should expel all white students from these institutions and relegate them to 'white only' institutions.

Democrats acting like Democrats.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-