Author Topic: 12 Ways To Help Your Wife Around The House Without Putting In Too Much Effort  (Read 3394 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
1. Rinse a dish and leave it near the sink: Your lady will swoon when she sees how considerate you are! For bonus points, place the dish in the sink so she can easily put it in the dishwasher later.

2. Place excess trash in an organized pile near the trash can until she takes it out:  Little things to make her life easier go such a long way!

3. Avoid the toilet seat debate by peeing in the sink: Lifehack!

4. Never shower so she'll have fewer towels to fold: Also, if you never wear socks, you'll never get in trouble for not throwing them in the hamper.

5. Helpfully gather all the dirty clothes and passive-aggressively place them in front of the washer: Whatever you do, DON'T actually put them in the washer. You'll probably do it wrong.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

BassWrangler

OK, I like where you're going here, but you owe us 7 more ways.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Offline corbe

Just go out for cigarettes one day, meet up with a crazy nymphomaniac at the local 7-11 and never look back.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Wingnut

#9  :silly: :silly: :silly:

There you have it! Now go and invest in your marriage!

BassWrangler

There you have it! Now go and invest in your marriage!

Leaving a post-it note right now.

Online Wingnut

Offline libertybele

I''d likeike to counter with 12 ways to help your husband....

Rearrange the tools in his toolbox so that tt looks tidier; arrange them by size.

Put a few tools in drawers around the house so that they are more accessible.

Clean out the garage and get rid of all the 'junk' that he's been accumulating

Be kind and buy him new pillows as his favorite pillow is too worn out.

For heavens sake leave the toilet seat down!  It will train him.

Interrupting him during his favorite program allows for one on one conversation!

Lay his clothes out for him so that he'll look appropriate for the dinner party because you forgot to
tell him you made plans.

Take the hassle away so he doesn't have to remember your birthday.... walk through the door and show him the new diamond ring he bought you.

Invite the girls over for girl's night and compliment him on how great he is at mixing drinks and barbecuing, it'll boost his ego.

To make things easier for him leave a 'honey do list' on the refrigerator, that way he won't forget.

Wake him up early enough so he can take the dog out for a walk so he gets his daily exercise.

Help him to lose the extra weight he's gained by buying him lite beer.

:beer:

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

I don't get it... All that seems pretty normal.  :shrug:

Except the toolbox. messing with my tools *at all* are grounds for murder.

Made me laugh with the pillow. I thought I was the only one.  :laugh:

And sure - leave the toilet seat down... I got good aim. Problem solved.

Rearrange the tools in his toolbox so that tt looks tidier; arrange them by size.

Interrupting him during his favorite program allows for one on one conversation!

Lay his clothes out for him so that he'll look appropriate for the dinner party because you forgot to
tell him you made plans.

Take the hassle away so he doesn't have to remember your birthday.... walk through the door and show him the new diamond ring he bought you.

Invite the girls over for girl's night and compliment him on how great he is at mixing drinks and barbecuing, it'll boost his ego.

To make things easier for him leave a 'honey do list' on the refrigerator, that way he won't forget.

Wake him up early enough so he can take the dog out for a walk so he gets his daily exercise.

BassWrangler

tell him you made plans.

888high58888

Offline libertybele

I don't get it... All that seems pretty normal.  :shrug:

Except the toolbox. messing with my tools *at all* are grounds for murder.

Made me laugh with the pillow. I thought I was the only one.  :laugh:

And sure - leave the toilet seat down... I got good aim. Problem solved.

Over the years, I listened to complaints that my husband's friends had about their wives.  Tools were frequent and I went out and bought my own tools and created my own little tool box that sits in its own place in the closet which is very convenient. I laugh now because hubby uses them on occasion rather than make a trip out to the garage.

Too funny the only offense that I am guilty of is buying a new pillow and tossing out the old one ... that was a  HUGE no no!!  happy77 :laugh:                                           

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 04:11:52 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Lando Lincoln

I am fairly handy around the house and help out where I can.  Over the years, the outcome of my efforts failed to meet standards.  My answer?

Whenever I can help more by doing less, let me know.  Mrs. Lando tells that story more than I do.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline corbe

I think I do a lot for @Texas Robin AND I know she does a lot for me, in spite of the fact that we only see each other a couple of days/nights a week.  Most importantly we give each other SPACE in spite of how close we really are. I am so appreciative of her.  She, like I, have learned a lot from past Lovers/Relationships/Marriages and put that knowledge to good use.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

Over the years, I listened to complaints that my husband's friends had about their wives.  Tools were frequent and I went out and bought my own tools and created my own little tool box that sits in its own place in the closet which is very convenient. I laugh now because hubby uses them on occasion rather than make a trip out to the garage.

I bought a road box for my ex's car... and a box for the house - bought and paid by my hand. Wasn't long till she was back in my toolboxes in the shop, because she lost bits and pieces of what I bought her. It was definitely a sore point. She had no respect for my tools - The very things of my livelihood - and there was nothing for it.

Too funny the only offense that I am guilty of is buying a new pillow and tossing out the old one ... that was a  HUGE no no!!  happy77 :laugh:                                           

Yeah... My sorry beat up pillow laid flat under all the rest of them - hidden from sight. But I have it still, even yet.

Another one that was tough was the Chair. Don't be messin with my Lazy Boy - Yes, even if it is more duct tape than anything else. Me changing chairs is like pulling teeth - And I fully understand her embarrassment with it. Everything else in the house is hers - That end table and chair, not so much.

I have a very good story about the Chair - Not with my ex, but rather, with the Georgia peach that ruined me for all women ever. Being a Southern gal, she got her way and made me like it. And pay for it too...  happy77

Offline libertybele

You forgot "clean up his office for him" @libertybele

:beer:   That would be a major undertaking.  :silly:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 08:16:30 pm by libertybele »

Offline libertybele

I bought a road box for my ex's car... and a box for the house - bought and paid by my hand. Wasn't long till she was back in my toolboxes in the shop, because she lost bits and pieces of what I bought her. It was definitely a sore point. She had no respect for my tools - The very things of my livelihood - and there was nothing for it.

Yeah... My sorry beat up pillow laid flat under all the rest of them - hidden from sight. But I have it still, even yet.

Another one that was tough was the Chair. Don't be messin with my Lazy Boy - Yes, even if it is more duct tape than anything else. Me changing chairs is like pulling teeth - And I fully understand her embarrassment with it. Everything else in the house is hers - That end table and chair, not so much.

I have a very good story about the Chair - Not with my ex, but rather, with the Georgia peach that ruined me for all women ever. Being a Southern gal, she got her way and made me like it. And pay for it too...  happy77

I offered to buy my hubby one of those Lazy Boy  models that lift you forward and sits up a bit higher because his back is so bad ... nope ... he opted to keep the old beat up one and built some kind of platform for it to raise it up a bit.  I tried.  Nope, there's not going to be any changing his mind.

Online Wingnut

If women don't find you handsome, they can sure find you handy.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
:beer:   That would be a major undertaking.  :silly:

:yowsa: and might get you shot for your efforts!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

tell him you made plans.

This thread cracked me up. Truthfully, I was the packrat (still am) in our marriage. He was always "helping" me. :laugh:*

But the funniest thing was my SIL (newly married) cleaned out the garage. Do you remember in school when we covered cigar boxes with shell macaroni and spay painted them gold (I maybe showing my age)? Well, she didn't realize that this 30 year old cigar box with time-crushed macaroni glued to it was significant. But It Was!!! They darn near got a divorce because she threw away his macaroni box. I still get a chuckle when I think about it. Much later in their marriage they got into a heck of a row over Gorilla Glue.

*Disclaimer: I have been working like a Trojan getting rid of all "the stuff" for the last couple of months. Even I can't stand it anymore, no matter how neatly it is stored. I'm sure my dearly departed is having a hearty laugh...and my trashman hates me!

Offline corbe

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Texas Robin

• Breathe...then go forward
If women don't find you handsome, they can sure find you handy.

You don't physically have to be handsome to be handsome. Alot of women find men that are smart, kind, good hygiene, laughs and is honest as being handsome.
Now as far as assuming men are handy, that's not true. Some say that they don't know how to do things, but guess what, there are manuals\You-tube that can teach how to do it, a lot of people don't like to read the directions, as they think they are smart enough to do it. Yes sometimes it works out but other times they have to give in and read the instructions (it's an ego thing for both sexes), which brings up that a lot of women prefer to do it themselves, or at least try, before asking for help. :pondering:
Everything has an expiration date, so make the most of it

Offline libertybele

You don't physically have to be handsome to be handsome. Alot of women find men that are smart, kind, good hygiene, laughs and is honest as being handsome.
Now as far as assuming men are handy, that's not true. Some say that they don't know how to do things, but guess what, there are manuals\You-tube that can teach how to do it, a lot of people don't like to read the directions, as they think they are smart enough to do it. Yes sometimes it works out but other times they have to give in and read the instructions (it's an ego thing for both sexes), which brings up that a lot of women prefer to do it themselves, or at least try, before asking for help. :pondering:

Truth