Author Topic: Reporter resigns from NY Post over Harris book story  (Read 512 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Reporter resigns from NY Post over Harris book story
« on: April 27, 2021, 11:54:15 pm »
Reporter resigns from NY Post over Harris book story
By Jordan Williams - 04/27/21 07:30 PM EDT

A reporter for the New York Post whose byline appeared on a story suggesting that copies of a book by Vice President Harris was given to children who crossed the U.S.-Mexico border has resigned.

Laura Italiano announced on Twitter that she turned in her resignation on Tuesday. She claimed that she unsuccessfully tried to push back against the story, and called it her “breaking point.”

“An announcement: Today I handed in my resignation to my editors at the New York Post,” Italiano tweeted.

“The Kamala Harris story — an incorrect story I was ordered to write and which I failed to push back hard enough against — was my breaking point,” she said. “It's been a privilege to cover the City of New York for its liveliest, wittiest tabloid — a paper filled with reporters and editors I admire deeply and hold as friends. I'm sad to leave.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/550599-reporter-who-wrote-viral-ny-post-story-about-harris-book-at-the-border-resigns
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Reporter resigns from NY Post over Harris book story
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 01:40:26 am »
Laura Italiano is 58 years old.  In my experience, with women of that age....I don't think you can tell any dried up old white beaver to do anything she doesn't want to do. 

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LegalAmerican

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 03:22:11 am »
It got plenty of traction here too.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 12:34:30 pm »
 :bkmk: :bkmk:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2021, 02:06:40 pm »
Who buys all those books politicians write?  Politicians become millionaires with those books.  Even Kommisar Bernie Sanders exploited capitalist greed and avirace to sell books that bought him an island.  Seems like such a thing could be a backdoor money-laundering kickback scheme.

Elected officials should not be allowed to collect fees and royalties from books they write or publish while holding public office.  Those monies should go to the public treasury.

In the dreaded private sector, employers own you lock, stock, and barrel.  You may have to forfeit gains from outside endeavors to the employers, depending on how the employment agreement is worded.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.