Author Topic: ‘We’ve Cut Out Beef:’ Food Website Cancels Beef to Reduce Global Emissions  (Read 469 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘We’ve Cut Out Beef:’ Food Website Cancels Beef to Reduce Global Emissions

Wendell Husebo 27 Apr 2021

A food website named Epicurious will cancel beef recipes to reduce global emissions but will keep past beef recipes in the archive, the publication wrote Monday.

“It might not feel like much, but cutting out just a single ingredient—beef—can have an outsize impact on making a person’s cooking more environmentally friendly,” Epicurious wrote.

As a result, “Beef won’t appear in new Epicurious recipes, articles, or newsletters. It will not show up on our homepage. It will be absent from our Instagram feed,” the publican said. “We’ve cut out beef… Our readers have rallied around the recipes we published in beef’s place.”

The publication claims that “Almost 15 percent of greenhouse gas emissions globally come from livestock (and everything involved in raising it); 61 percent of those emissions can be traced back to beef.”

Epicurious will not delete past beef recipes from their archive, however. “Some of you will wonder if Epicurious has become a site with an agenda. Rest assured, the beef recipes that were published in 2019 and before are still on the site; they are not going anywhere,” they consoled their readers.

The news comes after President Joe Biden announced plans to create a zero emissions economy by no later than 2050.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2021/04/27/weve-cut-out-beef-food-website-cancels-beef-to-reduce-global-emissions/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Greenie Weinies will be taking my steak knife out of my cold dead hands. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline goatprairie

Eating beef/meat is natural. That's why people have incisors/canines for ripping and tearing.
The idiotic idea that veganism is natural is a lot of bovine fecal matter. Humans have adapted over hundreds of thousands/millions of years  to be omnivorous. So eat that meat. Eat vegetables too, but eat that meat.

A personal story. My wife grew up in England post-WWII with very little meat in her daily diet. She never tasted steak until she married her first husband who was an American serviceman stationed in England. One day she went to her first barbecue sponsored by her husband and some other American servicemen where they had steak. She never forgot the size of the steaks which were huge.
So when we eat in a restaurant, she eats steak every chance she gets. She's earned it.

Offline mountaineer

Apparently, the solution is not to raise cattle at all (greenhouse emissions, and all that). We'll have to find alternate sources for all the non-meat products made from their carcasses, then.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Apparently, the solution is not to raise cattle at all (greenhouse emissions, and all that). We'll have to find alternate sources for all the non-meat products made from their carcasses, then.

As long as I am alive, there will be a market for cow.  Anyone physically messing with that right, is in serious danger.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Hmmm.  There didn't seem to be an issue when millions of bison freely roamed the American plains.  Maybe there's more than bovine flatulence at work.

Why stop at cows?  Any organism that emits methane should be "dealt with", including people -  the ol' Soylent Green Solution.

The endangered species list is just big shopping list.  Does anyone know where I can find a book for cooking polar bear, whale, elephant, snow leopard, etc., meat?

As a Neanderthal Deplorable I can't distinguish the nuances between bovine flatulence and the flatulence of other animals, including humans.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Hmmm.  There didn't seem to be an issue when millions of bison freely roamed the American plains.  Maybe there's more than bovine flatulence at work.

Why stop at cows?  Any organism that emits methane should be "dealt with", including people -  the ol' Soylent Green Solution.

The endangered species list is just big shopping list.  Does anyone know where I can find a book for cooking polar bear, whale, elephant, snow leopard, etc., meat?

As a Neanderthal Deplorable I can't distinguish the nuances between bovine flatulence and the flatulence of other animals, including humans.
Oh-oh! I think a certain traitorous democrat would be in trouble. On the other hand sales of Gas-X and Beano would skyrocket. Good time to buy stock?

Offline rustynail

Long Pig-It's what's for dinner!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Long Pig-It's what's for dinner!
The other other other white meat...?? 888mouth
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis