Author Topic: James Carville: Democrats’ ‘Wokeness is a Problem and We All Know It’  (Read 1087 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
James Carville: Democrats’ ‘Wokeness is a Problem and We All Know It’

Jacob Bliss 27 Apr 2021

Democrat political strategist and elections expert James Carville told Vox on Tuesday that Democrats have been losing congressional seats because of their major “messaging problem” of “wokeness” and “everyone knows it.”

Carville said he is worried about where the Democrat party is headed because of their terrible job messaging. He said look at the 2020 election where President Joe Biden “only narrowly defeated Trump” and came “within 42,000 votes of losing.”

Democrats also “lost congressional seats” instead of picking up more during a presidential campaign year. Now, Democrats have the slimmest majority in the House. He continued to say Democrats even “failed to pick up state legislatures.”

Carville claims during the interview the Democrats “wokeness is a problem and we all know it” but fell short of condemning the far-left policies Democrats are trying to push through the Congress. He only wanted to condemn their messaging tactics.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/27/james-carville-democrats-wokeness-is-a-problem-and-we-all-know-it/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

This is the world you helped to create, Serpent Head.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Sorry but every time I see or hear the name Carville..........

Offline LegalAmerican

Wokeness=dumbness.  Backwards meaning,  as every thing else in the LEFTS WORLD. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sorry but every time I see or hear the name Carville..........
Actually, I get more this guy:

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Just for S & G's, I took two hours of random TV last night for demographic analysis.....

Here is the breakdown -  Total actors in commercials

White- 35
Black- 33
Other- Asian/Hsipanic/Other- 8

This confirms what I have been noticing in earnest the past year. One particular demographc entity is being consistently over represented in all aspects of TV right now. I have never had a problem with making sure minorites get jobs, but it is now and has been highly suspicious.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

Just for S & G's, I took two hours of random TV last night for demographic analysis.....

White- 35
Black- 33

This confirms what I have been noticing in earnest the past year. One particular demographc entity is being consistently over represented in all aspects of TV right now. I have never had a problem with making sure minorites get jobs, but it is now and has been highly suspicious.
That, like the same sex couples, have been over represented to make all seem more prevalent in our culture.society than a more demographically balanced ratio would support.  It seems there is an obligatory admixture of characters which leaves out one conspicuously absent demographic, intelligent and conservative Caucasian males.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Slide Rule

Lots of talk about messaging as if a rewrite would make Woke Wonderful.

It isn't the Messaging James, it is the Message.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline mountaineer

White- 35
Black- 33

It's not just that "minorities" are overrepresented in TV ads, but that white men (and sometimes white women) are  consistently portrayed as stupid idiots in those ads and in most sitcoms, movies, etc. There's a twitter page dedicated to this curiosity, "White Men Are Stupid In Commercials" -@StupidWhiteAds.
https://twitter.com/StupidWhiteAds
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It's not the messaging, it's the message.  They want to steal from others.  Whatever they want is free when they steal it from someone else.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline skeeter

White- 35
Black- 33

I really hate to admit it but what the hell, its true. Commercials & daytime TV especially.

Not only is the misrepresentation ridiculously out of wack, but it seems white men from 18 through 50 are shown in proportions probably more in line with that of the actual percentage of black men.

At first I thought 'so what' but then I got to thinking someone is making these casting decisions and wondering what is their intent? Are they simply seeking to avoid social criticism or a call from some NAACP lawyer? Or, since the left has long used media to drive change maybe its something else.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 02:15:50 pm by skeeter »

Offline GtHawk

I really hate to admit it but what the hell, its true. Commercials & daytime TV especially.

Not only is the misrepresentation ridiculously out of wack, but it seems white men from 18 through 50 are shown in proportions probably more in line with that of the actual percentage of black men.

At first I thought 'so what' but then I got to thinking someone is making these casting decisions and wondering what is their intent? Are they simply seeking to avoid social criticism or a call from some NAACP lawyer? Or, since the left has long used media to drive change maybe its something else.
Is it just me, or did Black representation in ads increase with the advent of BLM and then just explode during Black history month(why is there never a White history month)? I don't watch much commercial TV and when I do I channel surf to avoid ads but still couldn't help but notice.

Offline bilo

He said look at the 2020 election where President Joe Biden “only narrowly defeated Trump” and came “within 42,000 votes of losing.”

Biden didn't win. He stole the election. Just look at how hard the Rats are fighting to stop the audit in AZ. I don't know what the results will be, but if the Rats weren't worried why are they trying so hard to stop it.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

This is the world you helped to create, Serpent Head.

Now the race is on to recreate the Rats into the party of the people rather than the fascist tyrants they are, with their "thought police" terrorizing the public.

Offline bilo

White- 35
Black- 33

You mean 13% of the population is being over represented? I'm shocked /s.

Offline GtHawk

You mean 13% of the population is being over represented? I'm shocked /s.
It's not over representation, it's reparations for White racism.

Offline LegalAmerican

We are now South Africa.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Legal wrote:
"We are now South Africa."

I'd much prefer "the Old South" to Africa.
And no apologies for saying so.

Offline Smokin Joe

Legal wrote:
"We are now South Africa."

I'd much prefer "the Old South" to Africa.
And no apologies for saying so.
Dagnabbit, I'd have to find my 'parlor manners' again....

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
How is it that the message of the media being owned by Soros and in lockstep with democrats political correctness agendas has been commented on so many times, and it looks like many, just now, finally just figured that out ?  Mr obvious visiting today ?
 :banghead:   :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

White- 35
Black- 33

@catfish1957

Seems to me that at least half the "family commercials" are mixed marriages,with half-black children,too.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

@catfish1957

Seems to me that at least half the "family commercials" are mixed marriages,with half-black children,too.
That's been going on for a few years, now.

C S Lewis

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Speaking about the terrible job of messaging, Biden lost the election, he didn't "eke out a victory by 42,000 votes". 

He LOST it and is illegally occupying the White House because of the most massive voter fraud operation in history.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
@catfish1957

Seems to me that 95% of all commercials on TV have the obligatory (b)lack person in it.

The so-called "mixed" marriages are uniformly the white ho with the black guy.

I've decided that if a commercial contains a (b)lack in it, I'm not buying the product.   Which naturally isn't the burden it might sound to be because I'm at the age where I don't buy anything any more.   (I had cancer six years ago, and the green shirts I had that were three years old in 2015 are still worn today.   The China Virus saved me from buying clothes...)
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
With fixed elections, what difference does it make?  We are no different than Russia today.