Author Topic: Mexico president suggests U.S. citizenship in exchange for tree planting at Biden Climate summit  (Read 643 times)

rangerrebew

Mexico president suggests U.S. citizenship in exchange for tree planting at Biden Climate summit

By: Admin - Climate DepotApril 22, 2021 11:12 AM

https://news.trust.org/item/20210422132321-s6mv8

MEXICO CITY, April 22 (Reuters) – Mexico President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador suggested on Thursday that the U.S. government could offer temporary work visas and eventually citizenship to those who take part in a vast tree planting program.

In remarks for the White House virtual climate summit, Lopez Obrador said that Mexico aimed to expand the program to Central America, which he said is currently planting 700,000 trees. (Reporting by Cassandra Garrison; Editing by Frank Jack Daniel)

https://www.climatedepot.com/2021/04/22/mexico-president-suggests-u-s-citizenship-in-exchange-for-tree-planting-at-biden-climate-summit/

BassWrangler

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Question: If the tree dies than does the planter have to .................
Such a deal, a pittance for the tree and in return they get to leach off of American taxpayers while sending how much $$$ out of the US economy?

Question: Is Mexico offering the same deal to Central Americans? If not why not if he thinks it's such a good idea?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 10:54:06 pm by GtHawk »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If that SOB ran his country right, there would be nothing to suggest. How about putting those folks to work returning the mob at our border to their homes?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Man, from the title I was expecting Mexico was extending citizenship to Biden to relieve us Americans of any further torture.

When I read article, I became really disappointed......
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

At the rate things are going, Mexican Citizenship might start looking pretty good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Why would anybody want citizenship in the Worst Country in the World, anyway?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

If that SOB ran his country right, there would be nothing to suggest. How about putting those folks to work returning the mob at our border to their homes?
Whitening Mexico has long been a cherished goal of the oligarchy there. The indigenous peoples in their poverty have been a destabilizing element forever.

We, on the other hand, have money to burn. Send em up!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 03:28:16 pm by skeeter »

Offline rustynail

Sure, they can return to the USA when their trees are grown and ready for harvest.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sure, they can return to the USA when their trees are grown and ready for harvest.
In that case, plant Black Walnut...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis