Author Topic: ‘The data is racist!’ Rhode Island professor denounces ‘science, statistics, and technology’ as ‘inh  (Read 821 times)

rangerrebew

‘The data is racist!’ Rhode Island professor denounces ‘science, statistics, and technology’ as ‘inherently racist’

University of Rhode Island and Director of Graduate Studies Erik Loomis wrote: "Science, statistics, and technology are all inherently racist because they are developed by racists who live in a racist society, whether they identify as racists or not."

Loomis added: "This is why I have so much contempt for those, including many liberals, who "just want the data." The data is racist!"

Also see: According to this professor, 'Science, statistics, and technology are all inherently racist'
University of Rhode Island Professor Erik Loomis said in a tweet that science, statistics and technology are inherently racist “because they are developed by racists living in a racist society." - Loomis also said that he has contempt for people who “just want the data."

https://www.climatedepot.com/2021/01/24/the-data-is-racist-rhode-island-professor-denounces-science-statistics-and-technology-as-inherently-racist/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Hmmm, this guy couldn't have an agenda could he?
Let's look at a couple of his papers titles

. labor and environmental history of the United States
. global capitalism

Nah, couldn't possibly have an agenda, bet he's a member in good standing of CPUSA and Race Baiters International.

Online The_Reader_David

Then I would invite Prof. Loomis to avoid using any technology or anything else the development of which depended on application of the scientific method or statistical analysis.  No computers, no automobiles, no airplanes, no food from selectively bred animals or cross-bred plants, no medications (even herbal medications that have any real effect were found using the scientific method),...  After all, we can't have him contaminating himself with anything "racist".
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 06:24:37 pm by The_Reader_David »
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Absalom

So no Math and Science eh?
Can't wait to hear & see the type of Engineer that produces???
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 05:11:15 pm by Absalom »

Offline goatprairie

This professor is obviously a nutcase. But how many nutcases like him are there on college and university campuses across the country? I would bet every college and university has more than one who are as nutty as Loomis.
If Loomis has alternate facts and data, let's see them. I doubt whatever he concocts has any mooring in reality.
If there are parents who have enrolled their dear little sprogs in any courses where Loomis has influence, I suggest they get them out as quick as possible. Maybe just leave the URI for keeping a nutcase like Loomis.

Online The_Reader_David

Fortunately for the University of Rhode Island, it seem that Associate Professor of History Erik Loomis is only the Director of Graduate Studies for their Department of History.  He thus has no actual influence over graduate education in the sciences, mathematics or statistics.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Data never struck me as racist.  Must be my unconscious bias.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Data never struck me as racist.  Must be my unconscious bias.

Data was cool.  His brother Lore was the rassis!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Joe Wooten

Back in the late 1970's when I was at UT Austin, there were several professors, mostly humanities types, who called the engineering, math, and science departments racist because there were very few blacks and Mexicans studying it. Never mind we had a lot of Asians, Iranians, and Arabs, we were over 70% Caucasian, so we were racist.

I never thought I'd see the day when this shit became mainstream thought.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
These hash browns are racist.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline goatprairie

Leftists operate under the "disparate impact" theory. If some demographic doesn't achieve the same outcome in some test or activity, it has to be racism. It couldn't possibly be other factors like lower IQs or less desire to work harder towards an objective.
Not explained in the "disparate impact" theory is then why people of east Asian descent perform better than whites on exams and make up an outsize proportion of students in the STEM fields of many elite colleges and universities. Must be all those east Asians discriminating against non-east Asians, huh?