Author Topic: What Stephen Hawking’s Final Paper Really Means  (Read 308 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
What Stephen Hawking’s Final Paper Really Means
« on: April 28, 2021, 11:09:50 pm »
The world-famous astrophysicist’s last contribution to science shows both his dedication to “normal science” and his willingness to ask questions that shape how we think about life.

The Outline
Max Genecov

Stephen Hawking, who died in 2018 at the age of 76, was a physicist from another time. He had more in common with the celebrity scientists of the first half of the 20th century — especially the politically-inclined scientist-intellectuals like Robert Oppenheimer, Richard Feynman, and Enrico Fermi who came out of the Manhattan Project — than he did with any of his contemporaries. This isn’t so much a question of brainpower as it is of public positioning, as getting the public to understand new scientific ideas is a very different job than coming up with them. On the whole, our most prominent science communicators (Neil deGrasse Tyson, Bill Nye, Michio Kaku, etc.) do not actively produce science. Consequently, they are removed from the everyday slog and department politics that pervade the life of a working researcher. Meanwhile, our greatest researchers (a huge list of people I don’t want to enumerate for fear of leaving someone out) don’t prioritize telling the public what their work is and why it matters. Hawking, with his precise insights about physics and beyond who also possessed the power to capture the attention of the public, was a rare link between these two groups.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/what-stephen-hawking-s-final-paper-really-means?utm_source=pocket-newtab
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: What Stephen Hawking’s Final Paper Really Means
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 11:58:31 pm »
Spamming
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley