Author Topic: HORRIFIC VIDEO RELEASED — Violent arrest of 73 year-old Karen Garner…  (Read 1006 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
HORRIFIC VIDEO RELEASED — Violent arrest of 73 year-old Karen Garner…

Posted by Kane on April 26, 2021 3:52 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmtxTWTTdC4

“Ready for the pop? Here comes the pop.”

The quote above is from a Loveland Police officer – Austin Hopp – said in reference to the sound it made when he dislocated and fractured Karen Garner’s shoulder. Hopp made this comment to two fellow Loveland Police officers while they watched his body camera video together at the police station. They all laughed about it. The comment was made while Karen Garner, who has dementia, remained handcuffed to a bench in a cell just 10 feet away from them, alone, confused and crying in pain. She would ultimately go over six hours without any medical attention.

This horrific statement comes to light after Ms. Garner’s family hired a sound engineer to enhance the audio on Loveland Police station booking videos from the day of Karen’s arrest. The video reveals a grotesque culture of callous disregard for the health and safety of citizens. The officers fist-bump one another multiple times in self-congratulation for both the assault on Garner and the intimidation of the citizen who attempted to complain about it.

In an April 26, 2021 press release responding to the revelations seen in this video, Ms. Garner’s attorney, Sarah Schielke of The Life & Liberty Law Office states: “This is utterly disgusting. These videos cannot be unseen or unheard. I am sorry to have to share them with the public. This will be traumatic and deeply upsetting for everyone to see. But as it often goes with bad police departments, it seems this is the only way to make them change. They have to be exposed. If I didn’t release this, the Loveland Police’s toxic culture of arrogance and entitlement, along with their abuse of the vulnerable and powerless, would carry on, business as usual. I won’t be a part of that.”

“Loveland knew. They’ve known all along,” Schielke continues. “They failed Karen Garner. They failed the community. And they did it all on camera. Do you realize how horrifying that is? That means they were used to getting away with it. That the comfortable norm in Loveland is one of zero accountability. That this is not just some ‘isolated incident.’ It is not just one single ‘problem.’ It is widespread, sociopathic criminality. And to attempt to shift the burden to Karen, or a bystander, or her family, or counsel, to report this? Shame on you, Loveland. You took an oath to protect and serve. This is a disgrace.”

more
https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/horrific-video-released-violent-arrest-of-73-year-old-karen-garner/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What did this woman do!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline DB

What did this woman do!

Apparently she walked out of a Walmart with about $14 in goods without paying. And apparently she has dementia.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Apparently she walked out of a Walmart with about $14 in goods without paying. And apparently she has dementia.

Ok that explains why she was knocked to the ground and handcuffed....
Support the USO

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

When she was stopped by Walmart, she tried to pay but they refused and called the police on her.

Offline skeeter

Just because police are being abused in some instances doesn't mean they're always in the right. I hope these three fry for this.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Just because police are being abused in some instances doesn't mean they're always in the right. I hope these three fry for this.

They were laughing about the sound her shoulder made when they dislocated it...
Support the USO

Online libertybele

Unbelievable.  What is happening to our society?  Brutality instead of kindness. Mayhem instead of peacefulness. Lying instead of integrity. In many cases absolutely no compassion for our fellow citizens.  We live in extremely troubled times!

Each man/woman for themselves, I'm afraid.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

I saw just a few seconds of a video the other day of an officer yanking an older black woman out of a car and throwing her to the ground. She admittedly had been speeding. I don't know how long they pursued her until she pulled over, but when she did, there didn't seem to be much talking - just went to her door and pulled her out. I cringed, as I have a great deal of pain in my shoulders, and when I saw the way they were twisting her around, knew that I would have been in excruciating pain and agony under the same circumstances - no matter how willing I was to cooperate. Why do they do that to people who aren't resisting?

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Victoria33

:bkmk:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
3 Loveland officers involved in Karen Garner arrest are no longer with the department

By: Ryan Osborne
Posted at 11:22 AM, Apr 30, 2021
and last updated 5:14 PM, Apr 30, 2021

LOVELAND, Colo. — Three Loveland police officers involved in the arrest of Karen Garner, a 73-year-old woman with dementia, are no longer employed by the police department, police officials announced on Friday.

Officers Austin Hopp and Daria Jalali, and Tyler Blackett, a community service officer, are out of the police department.

Police Chief Robert Ticer did not say whether the officers were fired or if they resigned, though Ticer did say, "I was involved in that process" regarding the officers' departure.

Police Sgt. Phillip Metzler, a supervisor involved in the incident, remains on administrative leave. Sgt. Antolina Hill, a supervisor at the jail where Garner was booked, remains on duty.

"Our goal at the Loveland Police Department has always been to make our community proud," Ticer said. "We failed, and we are very sorry for that."

Ticer said the officer's actions were not reflective of the Loveland Police Department.

more
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/front-range/loveland/3-loveland-officers-involved-in-karen-garner-arrest-are-no-longer-with-the-department
Support the USO

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
She tried to pay Walmart. I hope they all get what they deserve. (Especially that stupid-a$$ woman cop)  The City of Loveland needs to see that she is well cared for the rest of her life!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ok that explains why she was knocked to the ground and handcuffed....

She was knocked to the ground, handcuffed and her legs were tied ..... (after they returned $13 worth of crap to the store)

Video 1:   

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1386797176358060042

Video 2:   

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1386797925167157250

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Officers Hopp and Jalali have been placed under investigation, woman reportedly fractured elbow and dislocated shoulder

5:46 PM · Apr 26, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1386798892432375808

Cops filmed laughing at video of arrest of elderly woman with dementia
New video allegedly shows Loveland Police Officers Austin Hopp and Daria Jalali laughing about their violent arrest of Karen Garner, 73, as she sat in a jail cell on June 26, 2020.

More: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9513533/Colorado-cops-filmed-laughing-bodycam-video-arrest-elderly-woman-dementia.html[/quote]

Hopp (left) and Jalali (right) appeared to exchange a fist bump after placing Garner in a cell. Before
extending his hand Hopp asked Jalali if she'd turned her body-camera off

Garner is seen slumped in a holding cell as officers mocked video of her arrest. In the caption of her
YouTube video on Monday, Garner's attorney Sarah Schielke said she was 'alone, confused and crying
in pain' for six hours without any medical attention

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Actually, they got the goods back, she offered to pay for them and they refused payment according to the early statements in the video. About the best charge they could gin up out of that would be "attempted shoplifitng", --Oh, and resisting having her arm broken.

If this is the sort of "community policing" practiced in that community (and elsewhere), no wonder cops are getting whacked at random in the inner cities which are less civilized venues.

I heard no mention of priors, so I don't know if this is a pattern of behaviour on the lady's part or an isolated incident, but it sure seems extreme for 14 bucks worth of stuff.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Not enough ...

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Three Colorado cops resign after they callously laughed at bodycam footage of themselves 'breaking arm and dislocating shoulder' of 73-year-old dementia sufferer

Three officers resign after arrest of 73-year-old with dementia
Loveland police department announced that three police officers involved in the violent arrest of a 73-year-old Colorado woman with dementia are no longer employed.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9530817/Three-Loveland-police-officers-involved-arrest-73-year-old-dementia-resign.html

6:44 PM · Apr 30, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1388262929129218048

Offline DB

Actually, they got the goods back, she offered to pay for them and they refused payment according to the early statements in the video. About the best charge they could gin up out of that would be "attempted shoplifitng", --Oh, and resisting having her arm broken.

If this is the sort of "community policing" practiced in that community (and elsewhere), no wonder cops are getting whacked at random in the inner cities which are less civilized venues.

I heard no mention of priors, so I don't know if this is a pattern of behaviour on the lady's part or an isolated incident, but it sure seems extreme for 14 bucks worth of stuff.

No argument from me...