Author Topic: Derek Chauvin’s Prosecutor Says He ‘Felt a Little Bad’ for Him, Chauvin Is ‘a Human Being’  (Read 307 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Derek Chauvin’s Prosecutor Says He ‘Felt a Little Bad’ for Him, Chauvin Is ‘a Human Being’

Wendell Husebo 26 Apr 2021

Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison said Sunday on CBS’s 60 Minutes he ‘felt a little bad’ for Derek Chauvin upon the guilty verdict of killing George Floyd.
“I will admit, I felt a little bad for the defendant. I think he deserved to be convicted. But he’s a human being,” Ellison said when asked by host Scott Pelley what he first thought when he heard the words “guilty.”

Pelley followed up on the question, “Somehow, I did not expect to hear from you a note of compassion for Derek Chauvin.”

“I’m not in any way wavering from my responsibility,” Ellison said. “But I hope we never forget that people who are defendants in our criminal justice system, that they’re human beings. They’re people.”

Pelley next asked if the murder was “a hate crime?”

“I wouldn’t call it that because hate crimes are crimes where there’s an explicit motive and of bias,” Ellison responded. “We don’t have any evidence that Derek Chauvin factored in George Floyd’s race as he did what he did.”

When Pelley asked what a message a maximum sentence would send, Ellison replied, “I think it is important for the Court to not go light or heavy.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/04/26/derek-chauvins-prosecutor-says-he-felt-little-bad-him-chauvin-human-being/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What a crock of excrement....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

Forget what anyone thinks about Derek Chauvin. Ellison failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he caused George Floyd’s death and with all those outside pressures on the jury, that should’ve been a mistrial.

Why it’s important is if I were ever accused of something,  I would not want my guilt or innocence be decided on what a mob demands
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy