State Chapters > Arizona

Manchin And Sinema Deserve Our Support On the Filibuster

<< < (12/13) > >>

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: HikerGuy83 on July 06, 2021, 10:48:08 pm ---That's not saying much.

--- End quote ---

Well, yeah.  If she were really smart she'd be a Republican.  :smokin:

But understanding the simple phrase "What goes around, comes around" is a good step.  A journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step.

(I'm a regular bromide machine!  The older, the better...)

Wingnut:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on July 06, 2021, 10:25:29 pm --- It's how the world works, and not even Harry Reid understood this simple, and blindingly obvious fact.

--- End quote ---

I saw what you did there and I approve of it!

HikerGuy83:
— HER GOP CHARM OFFENSIVE: Sinema doesn’t really fit in with Democrats. She’s been known to skip party lunches and votes and even missed VP KAMALA HARRIS’ dinner with female senators this week. (Her staff said it was because Sinema broke her foot.) All the while she’s been on a charm offensive with Republicans, many of whom adore her. They say they can trust her, that she keeps her word.

“I think Sen. Sinema is comfortable with who she is,” Sen. DEB FISCHER (R-Neb.) told Playbook. The two senators have become close friends and regularly have dinner together, most recently two weeks ago at Charlie Palmer with Sens. SHELLEY MOORE CAPITO (R-W.Va.) and CYNTHIA LUMMIS (R-Wyo.).

“She is certainly willing to step in in a needed way to bring people together, and she does go her own way. I would say she’s probably similar to McCain in that way. They’re willing to take the slings and arrows from their own side when they’re trying to accomplish something.”

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2021/06/18/i-want-to-be-the-next-john-mccain-493299

On the one hand it is good she'll work with the GOP.

On the other.....I would hate to see another McStain show up.

HikerGuy83:
They are still coming after Sinema. 

The left that is.

Great that Arizona has a Maverick who telling her own party to shove off.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/10/09/kyrsten-sinema-sets-the-build-back-better-agenda-on-fire-and-infuriates-the-left-n454195

She wants to pull 100 million from the bills that have  to do with "green" stuff.

If the social media response is any indication, Sinema’s move is infuriating the left. Again, climate change is a religious institution for these people. They truly believe they are the saviors of the world and just need your money to deliver redemption. You can expect some very hot takes on the Sunday shows tomorrow.

skeeter:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on July 08, 2021, 03:42:15 pm ---I saw what you did there and I approve of it!

--- End quote ---
Cleanface Reid never was very Bowflexible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version