Author Topic: Manchin And Sinema Deserve Our Support On the Filibuster  (Read 10374 times)

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Re: Manchin And Sinema Deserve Our Support On the Filibuster
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2021, 03:39:06 am »
Personally, I don't have a problem with reducing the filibuster to 55 votes.  Throughout our history, it has been utilized almost exclusively by Democrats.  When Republicans hold over 40 seats, they already give Democrats everything they want 95% of the time.  Just look at what they handed Obama without a fight for eight years.

Correct.

The GOP at the federal level is a sham.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2021, 03:40:07 am »
Funny how Democrats wanted to keep the filibuster through the first two-thirds of the 20th century when Republicans were pushing civil rights legislation guaranteeing equality for African-Americans.

Democrats are hypocritical ?

Color me shocked.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2021, 10:25:29 pm »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/06/21/kyrsten-sinema-filibuster-for-the-people-act/

I like her.

She's smarter than virtually all other Rats in the Senate.  She understands clearly that the Democrats will not always have a majority, and the Republicans will punish the Dems when they get back in power when they pull this sort of crap.  It's how the world works, and not even Harry Reid understood this simple, and blindingly obvious fact.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2021, 10:48:08 pm »
She's smarter than virtually all other Rats in the Senate. 

That's not saying much. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2021, 10:51:03 pm »
That's not saying much.

Well, yeah.  If she were really smart she'd be a Republican.  :smokin:

But understanding the simple phrase "What goes around, comes around" is a good step.  A journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step.

(I'm a regular bromide machine!  The older, the better...)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2021, 03:42:15 pm »
It's how the world works, and not even Harry Reid understood this simple, and blindingly obvious fact.

I saw what you did there and I approve of it!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2021, 10:43:32 pm »
— HER GOP CHARM OFFENSIVE: Sinema doesn’t really fit in with Democrats. She’s been known to skip party lunches and votes and even missed VP KAMALA HARRIS’ dinner with female senators this week. (Her staff said it was because Sinema broke her foot.) All the while she’s been on a charm offensive with Republicans, many of whom adore her. They say they can trust her, that she keeps her word.

“I think Sen. Sinema is comfortable with who she is,” Sen. DEB FISCHER (R-Neb.) told Playbook. The two senators have become close friends and regularly have dinner together, most recently two weeks ago at Charlie Palmer with Sens. SHELLEY MOORE CAPITO (R-W.Va.) and CYNTHIA LUMMIS (R-Wyo.).

“She is certainly willing to step in in a needed way to bring people together, and she does go her own way. I would say she’s probably similar to McCain in that way. They’re willing to take the slings and arrows from their own side when they’re trying to accomplish something.”

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2021/06/18/i-want-to-be-the-next-john-mccain-493299

On the one hand it is good she'll work with the GOP.

On the other.....I would hate to see another McStain show up.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2021, 04:20:16 pm »
They are still coming after Sinema. 

The left that is.

Great that Arizona has a Maverick who telling her own party to shove off.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/10/09/kyrsten-sinema-sets-the-build-back-better-agenda-on-fire-and-infuriates-the-left-n454195

She wants to pull 100 million from the bills that have  to do with "green" stuff.

If the social media response is any indication, Sinema’s move is infuriating the left. Again, climate change is a religious institution for these people. They truly believe they are the saviors of the world and just need your money to deliver redemption. You can expect some very hot takes on the Sunday shows tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 04:23:08 pm by HikerGuy83 »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2021, 04:29:08 pm »
I saw what you did there and I approve of it!
Cleanface Reid never was very Bowflexible.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2021, 04:38:39 pm »
Not sure why Manchin or Sinema would cross over to the GOP when 11 GOP Senators voted Schumer's way on the debt ceiling.  What does the GOP stand for?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2021, 05:23:33 pm »
Not sure why Manchin or Sinema would cross over to the GOP when 11 GOP Senators voted Schumer's way on the debt ceiling.  What does the GOP stand for?

More than anything else?  Self Preservation
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2021, 06:20:59 pm »
https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/21/politics/sinema-veterans-quit-advisory-board/index.html

Five military veterans on Sen. Kyrsten Sinema's advisory board resigned from their roles this week, slamming the Arizona Democrat as one of the "principal obstacles to progress."

In a letter to Sinema, the veterans expressed frustration with her refusal to change the Senate filibuster to protect voting rights, failure to support prescription drug negotiations, her opposition to parts of the Democrats' sweeping budget reconciliation package that make up President Joe Biden's agenda and criticized her for not voting on the January 6 commission.
"You have become one of the principal obstacles to progress, answering to big donors rather than your own people," the veterans wrote. "We shouldn't have to buy representation from you, and your failure to stand by your people and see their urgent needs is alarming."

"We do not know who has your ear, but it clearly isn't us or your constituents," they added.

She's going to have to go indy.

She's holding the line that our bleep GOP leadership has lost it's ability to do.