Author Topic: Manchin And Sinema Deserve Our Support On the Filibuster  (Read 10353 times)

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Manchin And Sinema Deserve Our Support On the Filibuster
« on: April 25, 2021, 11:29:20 pm »
Manchin is already coming under heavy attack. 

The filibuster is what will prevent the state of D.C. and other such power grabs.

You may not be fond of Sinema, but she is very constrained in many ways.

I'd prefer a GOP senator.....but I'll take what I can get in this regard.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/manchin-pushes-back-against-democrats-calling-him-a-roadblock-says-he-will-not-be-part-of-blowing-up-this

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Re: Manchin And Sinema Deserve Our Support On the Filibuster
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 07:36:33 pm »
Sinema won't sign on as a consponsor of the D.C. statehood bill.

I am going to send  her a note of thanks.

If the left could get away from the whackjobs and morons they have in there....we'd be much better off.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 09:40:58 pm »
I would speculate that reaching out to her and encouraging her to stand up against the left wing idiots like Schumer is going to pay better dividends that most other activities.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2021, 04:12:48 am »
This article shows just how badly she is irritating the left.

Boy, they can't decapitate her fast enough.

https://jacobinmag.com/2021/03/kyrsten-sinema-thumbs-down-minimum-wage

They are upset at her thumbs down.

Lucky they didn't get the bird instead. 

They've been dogging her like they own her since she showed up.

She is a accountable to the citizens of the state of AZ.

Who does the author think he is and why would he think we would care at all about his miserable flack POV ?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2021, 04:18:22 am »
Not fond of Sinema?  Politically maybe, but she's got the chubby hot librarian look down pat!!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2021, 11:51:45 am »
Not fond of Sinema?  Politically maybe, but she's got the chubby hot librarian look down pat!!!!!!

So you are say'n you think she is lean, mean and not too far in-between.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2021, 03:23:37 pm »
:bkmk:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2021, 04:19:49 am »
Chubby or not, democratic or not.....she shoved this thing right up Chuck Schumers backside.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2021, 04:54:43 am »
Chubby or not, democratic or not.....she shoved this thing right up Chuck Schumers backside.

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2021, 03:44:28 pm »
Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.

As near as I can tell, on this issue, it already has.

Did you read that blistering article by the left wing twins in Jacobin ?

I don't extrapolate this to anything else.....but I am starting to see some kind of pattern.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2021, 04:51:48 pm »
I don't extrapolate this to anything else.....but I am starting to see some kind of pattern.

OK, I'll bite.  Enlighten us....
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2021, 04:54:56 pm »

If he is thinking Sinema and Mauchin might switch parties, he needs an TBR offical drug test.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2021, 09:37:42 pm »
If he is thinking Sinema and Mauchin might switch parties, he needs an TBR offical drug test.

Manchin has indicated he might leave the senate to run for governor.

At best, Sinema would go independent.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2021, 09:42:32 pm »

Sinema cold on D.C. statehood

Sinema against killing the fillebuster

Sinema against fed min wage

Sinema censured by her party

Assuming you are going to have a democratic senator from AZ, please tell me which of those morons in the senate you'd rather have than her. 

I want someone from the GOP (but I'd probably take her over Mitt if they were running against each other).

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2021, 09:54:13 pm »
Sinema cold on D.C. statehood

Sinema against killing the fillebuster

Sinema against fed min wage

Sinema censured by her party

Assuming you are going to have a democratic senator from AZ, please tell me which of those morons in the senate you'd rather have than her. 

I want someone from the GOP (but I'd probably take her over Mitt if they were running against each other).

Before she ran for the Senate, Sinema was my Representative for CD9 for 6 years.  She was a rotten Rep, in lockstep 100% with her Regressive bosses.  Since I am cursed with a good memory, I will always be very suspicious of her.  I'll never vote for her, despite her "Hot chubby librarian" look.

You're pissing in the wind if you think she'll be anything but a grievous disappointment.  But, I'm being urged by our party to snuggle up to her, and it ain't happening.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 09:55:25 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2021, 10:08:53 pm »
  I'll never vote for her, despite her "Hot chubby librarian" look.

Don't know. She taught @corbe everything he needed to know about the dewydecimal system.

Online corbe

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2021, 10:13:09 pm »
   I deserve that @catfish1957

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2021, 10:59:30 pm »
Before she ran for the Senate, Sinema was my Representative for CD9 for 6 years.  She was a rotten Rep, in lockstep 100% with her Regressive bosses.  Since I am cursed with a good memory, I will always be very suspicious of her.  I'll never vote for her, despite her "Hot chubby librarian" look.

You're pissing in the wind if you think she'll be anything but a grievous disappointment.  But, I'm being urged by our party to snuggle up to her, and it ain't happening.

Nice shoes !!!

I deserve that @catfish1957

Offline rustynail

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2021, 12:51:43 pm »
Let us not forget that these people are fundamentally Democrat.  How many times has Manchin indicated he was with us only to vote with his party when the rubber hit the road?  I fear that in the case of both Sinema and Manchin they are merely adopting a position to trade away for something they feel is more important.  Whatever it might be, I can pretty much assure you that when all is said and done the filibuster will be gone, and West Virginia and Arizona will be the beneficiaries of spending money that the American people do not have.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2021, 09:15:33 pm »
Let us not forget that these people are fundamentally Democrat.  How many times has Manchin indicated he was with us only to vote with his party when the rubber hit the road?  I fear that in the case of both Sinema and Manchin they are merely adopting a position to trade away for something they feel is more important.  Whatever it might be, I can pretty much assure you that when all is said and done the filibuster will be gone, and West Virginia and Arizona will be the beneficiaries of spending money that the American people do not have.

I can't predict the future, but right now it seems that Sinema and Manchin are our best hope. 

There are other senators who might also vote against it if the time comes.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Right now, she is irritating the hard line left wingers.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2021, 09:32:10 pm »
They are acting in their own interest, be that being re-elected, or keeping committee assignments, or whatever.

If anything, voters in their respective home districts should make it crystal clear to both Sinema and Manchin exactly what ‘acting in their own interests’, on the hierarchy of self interests, entails.

Online corbe

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2021, 09:52:39 pm »
   AZ and WV will be rewarded handsomely for their holdout, not unlike Houston getting NASA because LBJ was a very powerful, corrupt Senate Majority Leader.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2021, 02:24:05 pm »
They are acting in their own interest, be that being re-elected, or keeping committee assignments, or whatever.

If anything, voters in their respective home districts should make it crystal clear to both Sinema and Manchin exactly what ‘acting in their own interests’, on the hierarchy of self interests, entails.

I am sorry, but there is no evidence to support that.

There is no meter you can attach to them to determine why they do what they do.

They have both stated why they are doing it.  Whether you believe it or not, unless you can produce anything to the contrary you are only speculating.

Cynicism in politics is pretty common.

I see that at work here.

Justified ?

Hard to tell.

For now, I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.